R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The problem with these message boards is that uninformed people type as if they know what they are talking about, then others add in and the whole thing gets to be a mess. 

As for Michael T, he has developed our players and has always suggested that we look at other options to make sure we are informed and know the options fist hand. He is one of the few coaches that truly encourages this because he is not afraid of losing anyone and does not want to hold anyone back if they could play at a higher level. 

And as for him being with 3 clubs in 3 years... He got R3 with a u13 team that was half u12 (SAA Elite- his own club). Split the group to proper age for R3 and began to grow both teams. BFA was reorganizing and brought him in. Then a further step to include Mt. Pleasant, but may not have been a great move. 

When SCUMP wanted to form Spring teams for tournaments, they chose lower level tournaments and offered mixed age group and opened it to Classic players as well. It seemed to be a money maker for SCUMP. Mick chose some of his better players and added some guest for some higher level competition. They have done quite well in these and it shows that Mick knows how to get his players "exposure."

I think SCUMPY is a disgruntled parent of a kid not invited, but somehow got the email that started this chain. The truth of that email is that Mick has been asked by a majority of his players what to do and as usual, he has advised them to look at all good options and make a decision. SCUMP was not listed because it is not a good option.

Clap Clap Clap...Standing ovation...Thanks for putting it in these words and it is all 100% TRUE!!!

OMG!!!!!
Another one has awoke from a Kool Aid induced coma.

Why is SCUMP not a good option? You did not seem to mind last year when:

You got free uniforms.

Some got Scholarship

The MT P Parents supported the team by paying the tournament fees and required hotel costs that allowed you to stay in cheaper hotels.

You got to have your coach at your request.

You got fields to train.( you did not have to worry about getting kicked out of a parking lot somewhere)

If Mike T was concerned about all of his players then why has the letters gone out to so few?

Where is the letter from last season recommending trying out at CESA and Columbia to play Region 3?

No offense but the players got no better with the training Mike provided last season so why are better teams needed now?

If Mike T was concerned about all of his players then why did he have dinner at a tournament with only the members he brought to the team and then proceed to trash the players who were not present? Thanks to the girls at the dinner who had more class than the rest and texted their team mates as to what was happening.

Think you need to check with girls from the 94 age group as to why they are no longer playing with Mike.

Congrats on the U-13 R3 team. How is that working out? Is that the team the players who had not played all year long showed up just in time to play state cup? HMMMMM

How about that awesome exposure from the tournaments? You do realize that coaches can't talk to freshman. The only time a college coach is going to look at the filler level games is if he trips and falls at your field while he is running to the restroom from the upper level games.

The reason for all the invites and guest players is that he cannot develop but he can recruit players. That is why you think he selected the best players. That is why parents, as you stated, asked what to do because they cannot think for themselves. The Kool Aid is strong with this group. Just Say No To Drugs. Crack is Whack. I will even give you your comeback(I know the Kool Aid Daze is still in effect)that will be more logical than the one you will spew."I'm rubber you're glue"

I forgot to add don't look at any other post so you can concentrate on the many statements I have made in these posts. Please show me one statement that is not true. I just ask for one.

Just one statement that is not true hum...
The uniforms were not free
The MP people did not pay for tournament fees of the other players matter of fact if you did not live in MP you had to pay extra fees to be on the team (you really need to prove this one yourself)
A lot of players did get better this season you must not know much about player development
Ask any college coach they do start watching players as freshmen no they cannot talk to them but they are always looking out for up coming players
As for not developing players hum why is it he trained 16 of the HHHS players and they are dominating and even beat Wando this year? He is still training most of them now.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Just trying to follow along, what is the higher level of play available at SCUFC that is not available at SCUMP? Are you talking specific age group comparisons (players following next year's R3 opportunities based on cup results) or general club to club comparison?

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/15/11 06:31 AM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
SCUMP will be better off...There's not enough room for all those kids now...so goodbye..
Dog
It's about one age group..one team..that's it..
SCUMP has two girls and boys teams playing for state today and a list of coaches second to none and somehow SCUMP is beneath these people..Does it sound like these folks brought a healthy enviroment to the club?

U
bench
bench
U
mick's team had the best team, hands down, in the state for the 95 girls. everyone who pays attention knew that. he blew it. it's that simple. it wasn't the club, the girls or the parents. it is the coach that leads a team. there was no leadership. you have to have more than an awareness of the game or an accent to be a good coach. he did not understand nor deal with teenage girls and their attitudes. if a coach allows the girls to make the rules (much like a bad parent - certainly did not mean to imply anything here... ), the team will slowly drown. and it did. that's why they played better together in the beginning of the season. whether or not you think he is a good coach, he came up short in state cup, which, IN FACT, with this particular team, makes him a horrible coach. if you can't take a winning team and get them to win, you must really be bad. that's why his contract was not renewed at SCUMP.

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Is anyone not aware that there are girls from the 94 team also leaving? Almost all of them are. So hum...

D
Goal
Goal
D
That's the other SCUMP team that didn't make finals at cup? Some of this sounds like simply part of the annual migration of players per age group trying to follow the R3 opportunities. I'm guessing SCUMP will have players from other clubs including SCUFC (perhaps CESA as well) at the tryouts for the other age groups?

R
RMJ Offline
kick off
kick off
R
Will be interesting to see what happens...

S
bench
bench
S
The SCUMP 94G Coach Hoerner was drinking Townsends Koolaid as well. He had a talented group of Girls that he could NOT train or coach to success. Instead of stepping aside and conceding he had failed the team he instead drank some Townsend koolaid. Read email he sent to his team earlier this season after he allowed Townsend to raid his team. Many others were sent out before and after this but only to a selected bunch that Townsend chose.

~Good morning….Need to reach out to all of you and answer some of the questions that have been floating around the last week or so in regards to “Our Team” and a spring season. To be completely honest, our U16 season officially ended after our State Cup play the second weekend in December. Not one (1) of our fall rostered players has paid a club fee, coaching fee, league fee, or any other fee for a spring season. Thus there is no “Our U16 Team” that exists at this time.

With the soccer community being very small and well-connected I understand that people talk, word gets out, and all that will offend certain people included or not included. Please remember that is a two-way street in that parents talk, word gets out to Directors and Coaches as well. With the fact that our season officially ends in December, players are free to look where they want, in terms of teams to play on, guest play on, and for next season. We are very aware that is currently going on and have no control over that.

I have had no team practice or training nor have I played any games or gone to any tournaments with a U16 team.

I have had no plans for “Our Team” or sent any emails to “Our Team.”

Nobody has been “Kicked Off” the team. As I said our season ended in December so we really have no team right now for the spring.

One of the Club Directors also spoke with me last week in regards to a parent approaching him about me taking the team to another club. Kian, Jason, Mic, Curtis, and I communicate on a regular basis and I can assure you that not a word has been discussed in terms of me taking teams and players to another club.

Interesting to see how many of “Our Players” have had conversations about going elsewhere without including us???!!!!!!

The club offered a Tournament Program to all players, 15-18 and that was not received with much success or enough to form combined teams.

Curtis and Mick have since taken a U15 and U17 team to Score at the Shore in which some of “Our Team” participated in. %&%&%( and ^%%*^* with the 15’s and ^*%(^*, &^*(^^(&*, and ^*(%(^% with the 17’s. Some of the U15 and U16 players from the fall were asked and some were not.

I have been approached by some college coaches in regards to putting together various players since our official season is over and take them to a couple of events so they could continue to evaluate certain players.

-I have reached out to those players who happen to represent various clubs, some of which are in ours and some in others.

-Yes, this puts me in a very awkward position as it includes some of “Our” players and excludes others.

-if other playing opportunities or roster spots open up I will communicate that to you.

Furthermore….this has nothing to do with who I like and don’t like. This is coaching for me and when it comes to evaluating talent it is about each players “Skill Set” and where they fit in to give them the best opportunity to grow and develop as a player. There is not a team anywhere that “treats” everyone on the field as equals. Off the field, I feel that I have treated everyone with respect and communicated as best I could.

All of that being said I understand that some of you are going to be offended that your daughter is not included in whatever situation’s I or a U16 team participates in during the spring. I wish everything could be fair but that is not the case. As I said earlier, it is interesting that you are all open to looking for other playing situations for the spring and next year but if the same occurs with a team that is offensive and not right.

Jeff Hoerner~

Townsend had his hand in destroying this team as well. HHI 94G players on this team would not train with him because of issues with him that are stated in previous threads. ***Coach Hoerner applied for a job at College of Charleston~hope they see the light and say NEXT!

S
goal
goal
S
slightly off topic, what opps are avail to u15 & up in spring, is it just tournies & if so, where?

anyone jumping scumps ship is nuts. the rising u15g, u14g, u13g, u12g, u11g, u10g are probably on their way to be the best developed talent in the state with at least two teams deep in each age group. u13 & below, 4+ quality teams deep.
kian & matt have surrounded themselves with some good coaches. its a good program & come a long way in the past two yrs.

wando girls best days are ahead of them.

Last edited by sandman; 05/15/11 09:07 PM.
H
kick off
kick off
H
I have a question to those posters who feel Mike was a good coach and all the problems were created by SCUMP.

Why won't you address the issues that have been raised with the player's behavior on the field? Anyone who saw this team play saw first hand the nastiness and lack of sportsmanship by some of those girls.

How in the world can you say that those girls did not cause disfunction on the team? I mean really, what coach or parent or player would say that one teammate calling another a b--ch, and using the F-word throughout the game did not contribute to the problems on that team.

RMJ - how about you? You seem to be a parent on that team. Are you saying that when members of that team called their teammates names, blamed losses on them and were generally nasty, it helped build the team up??? Really???

That group is like a pack of wolves and they get taken from club to club to club to club. The coach is who let it get this bad. The coach should have stood up to the parents YEARS ago and said, "You're child is a talented soccer player, but needs to learn how to play on a team."

I know some of these girls say Mike is getting them into UNC or other big name programs. I've never seen a UNC game, but I'm sure some of you have. How many times do UNC players call each other B***ches on the field. Does Dorrance turn a blind eye to f-bombs being dropped all over the field?

I can say this, in 10 years, let's all agree to come back to this message board and give updates on where these girls are in their lives. And before anyone says "Let's remember these are young girls we are talking about," let's also remember these young girls are the ones who are on the field, during games, using profanity and verbally abusing their teammates.

That is the real reason they can't find a club to play at. That core group, with Mike at the helm, is out of control. I think he should be embarrassed with how they act on the field.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard