Print Thread
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
H
kick off
kick off
H
Quote:

Quote:

I know some of these girls say Mike is getting them into UNC or other big name programs. I've never seen a UNC game, but I'm sure some of you have. How many times do UNC players call each other B***ches on the field. Does Dorrance turn a blind eye to f-bombs being dropped all over the field?

Play chess much?

Abby &^%&#(@ Wambach? Mia Hamm .. throwing elbows and F bombs in front of your little darling and you had no clue!!??

But then your statement about Mike and UNC proved that!!

I have no idea what your chess comment is in reference to.

As I said, I've never been to a UNC game or a National Team game for that manner. Are you saying that those girls spend the entire game blaming one another for everything? Are you saying that if someone missed a shot that Hamm or Wambach went to that player and say "You f-g b---ch, how did you miss that?" And spent the entire game telling everyone else on the team what terrible players they were. And they continued that after the game. And they did it during practice. Really????

I'm not a prude. And my daughter has heard bad language before. She is not going to melt from it. But can anyone honestly say that when players on a team continually blame other players for losses that it does not bring a team down? Is there a QUALITY coach out there who believes that is good for a team?

And don't shoot the messenger about the UNC stuff. I'm not the one saying Mike can get them into UNC, USC, or other big name schools. Mike T is the one saying that, not me. I'm just telling what I've heard. When I heard that stuff, I just nodded my head and said "Oh, that's great." I guess we will know in the next few years if Mike was able to get these girls into a UNC uniform.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think he is suggesting that those players do cuss and throw elbows..Whatever gives them an advantage..Anyone ever look into Mia's eyes when she went to cross and no teammates were there to finish?
The media played these players up as close friends..They were competitors that tried to win games..

B
brace
brace
B
The bottom line is, your child's behavior reflects on YOU. Not their coach. Not their teammates. Not your opponents. YOU!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The apples don't fall far from the tree..

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Back to the question "What's wrong with Low country soccer". I know nothing about Low country soccer, but I would think if you merged all of your clubs in the low country you wouldn't have the problems I've read on this post.

1. you would have a stronger club
2. you would have a stronger coach staff
3. you would have stronger directors
4. your top players would stay in the low country and not do a 7 hour commute $80 in gas for 1 practise a week with CESA.(dumb parents. we're talking youth soccer, my god!)
5. You would be winning just as many state championships as CESA, if not more, because all of your top players would be on 1 team.
6. your local politicians would probably be throwing millions at you like they did CESA, because they know you'll have tournaments and fill the hotels and restaurants.
How many parents accross the country would rather go to charleston rather than greenville for a tournament(beach, tourism,top restaurants in the country).For those of you that have been associated with club for awhile, do you remember old MESA in Greenville with the section 8 trailer on it and all the rusting power equipment sitting around, and we were playing on a cow pasture, look at it now. We still would be playing at that dump if it wasn't for Greenville county taxpayers.

I've also read that lately or in the future you're going to have some CESA personnel attend some tryouts in the low country, I would suggest the low country better get their @#^& together or get a Mini Cooper because get ready to do some driving if you want your child to play top level soccer.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I'll probably catch greif for this one..
But most of the talented players are together now..It's taken way to long for this to happen..That's not to say there are not talented kids at other clubs..Just not as many.It seems that the other clubs have taken on the roll as developmental clubs and as the kids grow and want more..They will find themselves at SCUMP..Pretty much the way the bridge concept was six years ago.

B
brace
brace
B
The questions are these:

1) Does all the movement make kids BETTER?
2) Does one club have a monopoly on player development?
3) Is the grass REALLY greener?

Once folks realize that, for the VAST majority of kids, the answer to all 3 questions is "no," the weekly caravan on I-26 will be reduced to a trickle of terminally disgruntled parents and kids.

Once parents take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that their dissatisfaction level is THEIRS, and not the club's responsibility, and that it doesn't change from club to club ...

Over the years, I've seen kids jump all over the lot with no hard evidence that they were better for it. In fact, in athletic development, there's a lot to be said for continuity.

STOP THE MADNESS.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

The questions are these:

1) Does all the movement make kids BETTER?
2) Does one club have a monopoly on player development?
3) Is the grass REALLY greener?

Once folks realize that, for the VAST majority of kids, the answer to all 3 questions is "no," the weekly caravan on I-26 will be reduced to a trickle of terminally disgruntled parents and kids.

Once parents take a long hard look in the mirror and realize that their dissatisfaction level is THEIRS, and not the club's responsibility, and that it doesn't change from club to club ...

Over the years, I've seen kids jump all over the lot with no hard evidence that they were better for it. In fact, in athletic development, there's a lot to be said for continuity.

STOP THE MADNESS.

continuity is huge, our premier team actually was worse when the club went out of the area to get kids to come to our club, when we started doing that we didn't win state 2 years in a row, including losing to our own younger girls in the state championship game. my daughter would tell me the out of towners would only be at practice 1 day a week, so most practices were without the whole team. (not much of a team concept) doesn't make much sense does it?

H
kick off
kick off
H
I still doubt she stood in the middle of the field and looked at her teammates and yelled to them that they were "f-g b---ches"

Players make mistakes. Some players don't "bring it" to every game. Even on the national level.

But there is a right way and a wrong way to deal with your teammates. Somehow, I can't picture players on the national team screaming insults to their teammates all during a game. From start to finish. And at practice. From start to finish.

The coach had no control over some of those girls.

How many coaches and parents think that is the winning formula? Did it help the 95 Girls team that was the topic of this thread? Do you people really think it helped those girls get stronger and play as a team?

Why can't anyone answer that question? Heck, no one will even address it. There were some posts supportive of Mike, why won't those same people address the behavior of the girls on the team that have been raised.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Sure, it reflects on their upbringing.

But it reflects on how good a coach is if he accepts that behavior and does nothing to control it.

The coach for that team accepted and allowed that type of behavior. I don't know all the coaches for the teams at SCUMP, but I bet there are a lot of coaches who would have benched players for acting out that way on the field.

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard