Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Those two guys gbdawgs and soccerpop,or whatever their names are today,remind me of the little kid that has the ball but wont let others play with it!!Its mine and you cant cant play!!It was never about us ,it was about our daughter,and she turned out pretty good.Just think what it might have been if some parents had acted like parents and not judges!!

Transplant if your an out of towner so am i. We lived in Greenville about the same amount of time your family has. Our daughters are the best of friends. Harry(AH) is just trying to stir things up between friends. This is the "control" thing he likes to think he's good at. I'm sure we both agree that our meetings with Harry at Boland court all have been negative. (Great business owner -customer relationship)an appreciation of all of the jack we've thrown at his arse. Bombers comments are about players who live in the midlands and coast and come up here and practice once a week in a "TEAM" concept. Transplant come and pick up the grill,my garage is packed.

B
brace
brace
B
The question ISN'T whether "better" players improve a team no matter how often they train together. The question is: How good would the team be if the "better" players were at EVERY training session?
Some time back, CESA's "training" sessions in Charleston were essentially co-ed kick-arounds, which is one reason why many of those kids returned to MPSC/Academy.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
You can call me AH all you want. Doesn't make it true. Just like you can say I'm trying to stir up things between you and your friends. The fact is, you're talking about how detrimental out of town players are and Transplant took offense to it. I had nothing to do with it. You can blame all your problems with CESA on me or AH or PT or RS. That doesn't make it my fault.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

The question ISN'T whether "better" players improve a team no matter how often they train together. The question is: How good would the team be if the "better" players were at EVERY training session?
Some time back, CESA's "training" sessions in Charleston were essentially co-ed kick-arounds, which is one reason why many of those kids returned to MPSC/Academy.

You're 100% correct. If you lack the "ability" to develop players in any sport, you start looking outside for players that are already developed. I think that's what the upstate club has chosen to do.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Look at the younger age groups this weekend. 13 boys were the best team by far winning the final 5-0 I believe. The challenge team was also in the final 4. 14 boys won state cup as well. 13 girls lost in the final to a very good team in the last 30 seconds. It's a disappointing day when CESA only wins 2 of 4 against larger markets. I think developing players is not a problem at all. Where did your daughter play as a youth player? She's pretty good isn't she? Every club worth it's salt tries to offer the highest level players a chance to play with them. Would you be bashing Columbia or Charlotte for recruiting CESA players?

H
brace
brace
H
Can i get a answer on this?
Who is complaining about "Out of towners"?
Is it Parents from other clubs complaining about CESA or is it CESA parents complaining about CESA?.
Why would CESA or any other club turn away players? wouldnt make sense if they did.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
2 or 3 guys who have daughters who used to play for CESA

B
brace
brace
B
Harry, I bash recruiting, period. Telling a 12/13/14-year-old how good he/she is so you can collect his/her parents' money is beyond lame. It facilitates a destructive, entitled attitude in kids AND parents.
Everyone here with a clue knows who recruits (bad enough), and what's more, knows who recruits IN SEASON. The reason it doesn't stop is because parents are suckers for their kids, and the various governing bodies have a vested interest in maintaining the system as is.
Bottom line: You buy the recruiting line, and you have absolutely zero right to complain when the same coach who LOVED your kid last year, recruits OVER him this year.

H
brace
brace
H
I guess the low country people are happy this has been turned into a CESA thread.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Harry, I bash recruiting, period. Telling a 12/13/14-year-old how good he/she is so you can collect his/her parents' money is beyond lame. It facilitates a destructive, entitled attitude in kids AND parents.
Everyone here with a clue knows who recruits (bad enough), and what's more, knows who recruits IN SEASON. The reason it doesn't stop is because parents are suckers for their kids, and the various governing bodies have a vested interest in maintaining the system as is.
Bottom line: You buy the recruiting line, and you have absolutely zero right to complain when the same coach who LOVED your kid last year, recruits OVER him this year.

Backscreen17 im not saying you are wrong but its kinda like with all sports. If one team/club is doing it then they all are doing it. Too many people on here want to focus on CESA all the time. I guess because more kids from " out of town" drive to CESA to play so they get the ugly tossed on them.I think CESA has been around long enough now and with the ecnl i really do not think they have to recruit.
I can tell you only from my experience with my kids that CESA never recruited them and we spent 4 years driving there. Two of those years were both half of the seasons and we were there 2 days a week.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard