Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
B
brace
brace
B
Hard Headed,
I'm not bashing CESA, or MPSC, or CUFC, or Academy, or ANY current or former club singly. I'm bashing a system in which pre-adolescents are recruited by terminal adolescents for the sole apparent purpose of winning games.
Club Directors can call it what they want. It's fundamentally corrupt in that it abjectly fails to promote player development (any better at one club than another), while facilitating a self-important, entitled generation of kids.
So, to go back to the thread's origin ...
What's wrong with Lowcountry soccer is the same thing that's wrong with it everywhere in the state.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

You can call me AH all you want. Doesn't make it true. Just like you can say I'm trying to stir up things between you and your friends. The fact is, you're talking about how detrimental out of town players are and Transplant took offense to it. I had nothing to do with it. You can blame all your problems with CESA on me or AH or PT or RS. That doesn't make it my fault.

Doesn't make it false.... I'm sure after my posts about his employer, RS is bitter towards me, but I think RS is a gentleman and has been totally fair and up front with my daughter and her parents. In the 8+ years my daughter played with ST. Giles and CESA I never met PT so how could i comment on that person. You're a different story.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Hard Headed,
I'm not bashing CESA, or MPSC, or CUFC, or Academy, or ANY current or former club singly. I'm bashing a system in which pre-adolescents are recruited by terminal adolescents for the sole apparent purpose of winning games.
Club Directors can call it what they want. It's fundamentally corrupt in that it abjectly fails to promote player development (any better at one club than another), while facilitating a self-important, entitled generation of kids.
What's wrong with Lowcountry soccer is the same thing that's wrong with it everywhere in the state.

I've never read a more correct statement on this board. Well stated1

J
bench
bench
J
All the benefits of playing on a TEAM are of least importance nowadays. There is certainly a place for "player development" but no one should be fooled into thinking that it has ANYTHING to do with teamwork. Once a player realizes that changing teams may benefit her individually, the concept of team has died.

So, will you focus on individual improvement or on promoting teamwork? You cannot have both in equal amounts. Teamwork between "good" players might develop over time, but constant player movement is not good for a team no matter how talented the individuals.

This player development meme is also troublesome because it silently proclaims that the players left on the team (in the dust) aren't worth the effort it would take to make them into a good team.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

Great post... Now the question is what can be done to put the reigns on these club owners? The problem isn't just here in the upstate, or in SC, it's a problem accross the country. You can go to any soccer message board in the country, or just Google problems with youth club soccer and you'll see what were talking about.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

Great post... Now the question is what can be done to put the reigns on these club owners? The problem isn't just here in the upstate, or in SC, it's a problem accross the country. You can go to any soccer message board in the country, or just Google problems with youth club soccer and you'll see what were talking about.

like bs17 alluded to, its us parents, too easily sucked into our superstars world.
our parents were too smart for this.

D
Goal
Goal
D
We, SC, currently have about 30-36 roster spots per age group worth of access to league play outside the various state leagues. Generally, from what I've seen over the last 10 years I'm pretty sure more than 30-36 players per age group in SC are capable of competing at that level.

While I have no doubt there is recruiting by clubs, I know all movement of players is not the necessarily the result of active recruiting. Every year that an "incumbent" R3 team is knocked out of R3, there will be players looking to follow that opportunity. Every year that "incumbent" players are dropped from a R3 roster there will be players looking to find the R3 opportunity elsewhere. (Of course, there is also the impact of mergers on R3 rosters.) It's like musical chairs, and it's not driven by money or recruiting. It's players wanting to play R3 Premier League. Given similar levels of training available throughout the state, the experience gained through participation in R3 is significant, I believe, compared to in-state leagues.

I agree with Shibumi in part that a great deal of what a player brings to the team in terms of skills can (should?) be developed outside the team training sessions. However, I believe training with the team, especially during years of youth soccer, is important with regards to learning fundamental tactics and various systems of play. It's much more efficient from a coaching perspective to work with the team together on combinations or changing from sweeper to flat back in a training environment rather than while the players are under game pressure.

As far as "out-of-towners" repeatedly missing training, Hard Headed is right. You can't lump them all together any more than you can lump all "in-towners" into a group as always attending. Now, forget money and forget development for a moment. If you want to grind some tooth enamel of a girls' soccer team and create conflict, put that team through 2 weeks of training sessions including lots of conditioning and allow a couple of those players not at those sessions to start the next game after.

D
Goal
Goal
D
If part of the "musical chairs" problem in SC can be addressed by finding additional opportunities for a greater number of our girls to participate in higher level events, perhaps one of those opportunities could be found at the following site. Although I'm sure DOC's at clubs in SC may already be aware of this league, the league is currently (according to its website) taking applications for girls' teams. You may want to ask your DOC if club membership in such a league could benefit your club. I only know about this league through what I've read at the site.

Atlantic Soccer League homepage...

http://www.aslsoccer.net/index.html

At this site go to "Member Clubs" and click on "Girls Clubs" which will take you to the
girls league page and notice of applications being taken.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
this post has gone on entirely way too long......

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
totally agree..I hope those who found the lowcountry not to their liking..A better place for chaos and discontent and best of luck to the five of you!!

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard