kick off
kick off
F
"Personal accomplishments are worthless in the wake of team failure."

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I beg to differ! 200 goals is an amazing accomplishment so please don't try and take that away from her!!I certainly don't see it as a team failure and I am sure the team would agree-shame on you for posting that.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I would like to know how many of the 200 were in games they won 22-0 or 17-0 in order to pad her stats. Shame on you for buying into this unsportsman like behavior. I am sure there are some Irmo kids from your team that could have those kinds of stats if allowed.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Way to go Cardinal Newman. Congratulations on a terrific year!

F
kick off
kick off
F
Kudos CN!

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Fifa Star - not sure its worth responding to your question, given that you clearly have already made a judgement about Courtney's accomplishment - but for those who are interested in what she has done over the past four years, here are the details. (As a note I kept stats for Pinewood in 08,09,10, and got them from the team this year).

Courtney has scored 200 goals in 91 games for an average of 2.2 goals / game.

She has averaged 2.6 goals a game against SCISA Region II teams.

She has averaged 3.1 goals a game against the bottom three teams in Region II. (I wont list the team names - its not important - but its clear that an extra half a goal a game versus teams that she could easy notch 3 to 4 more is not padding stats) - Against the team you noted above she averaged 3.3 goals / game.

She has averaged 2.7 goals / game in the SCISA playoffs.

She has averaged 1.5 goals / game against SCHSL teams.

Some of her averages against SCHSL team:
Greenville 3.0 goals / game
Academic Magnet 1.5 goals / game
Woodruff 1.0 goal / game
Wando 1.0 goal/game

In addition she has a 1.9 goals / game average against teams from outside of SC - Including goals against some very tough teams - Lee Summit North (Mo) - nationally ranked, Battlefield High (VA) - regional ranked, St. James (KS) - regionally ranked, Frederica Academy - Georgia AA Private School state champs, Westminster Academy - Georgia AAA Private School state champs.

I wont get into the sportmenship question about some of the scores Pinewood posted earlier this year, but I will tell you that Courtney has consistently passed the ball of to other teammates in these games. Last year and again this year every single player on the Pinewood team scored - almost all of them assisted by Courtney. Anyone who knows her and her selfless style of play will celebrate her accomplishment and not look for reasons to tarnish it. With one more season to go it is quite possible that Courtney could end up in the top 5 goal scores of all time nationally.

It is a shame that some of us can't find it within ourselves to be proud of a home grown soccer talent. For those who can celebrate with her I will post a link later to a video of her last four goals and some highlights from the past four years.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Touchy..touchy..I am sure if our Irmo kids could play for 5-6 years on Varsity like some of the SCISA schools do then that would definitely be the case also. Never said anything different and wasn't putting down anyone with my comments (as it appears you were trying to do)I hardly think the majority of Courtney's goals were gotten that way. She is a solid player and has managed to put it in the back of the net come crunch time in lots of games over her career at Pinewood and elsewhere.Congratulations to the girls (and boys) at Cardinal Newman also!Very well deserved by them! My daughter has friends and has played with girls on both teams in her years of playing club soccer.

I was only saying you should not try to deflate a kid on such a milestone in her career-I don't care how you look at it. It is a huge accomplishment.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Bravo! Don't know you but I do know Courtney as she and my daughter play club ball together and I am glad you had the stats to back up my feelings on the matter.

Good luck to Pinewood next year and congratulations again to Cardinal Newman this year! 2 very good teams.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Thanks Loves to Play - now back to the main point of this thread.

CN played a great game and played to the very end. Congrats to them.

Already looking forward to next year!

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Agreed.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard