A-AA Girls: 3:00
Beaufort Academy vs. Lowcountry Prep

A-AA Boys: 5:00
The King's Academy vs. Cathedral Academy

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Will anyone be posting updates from these matches?

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Green acres - I will be at the first two and will do my best to provide some info.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Background on Girls Match:

Piinewood and Cardinal Newman have played 5 times in the last 3 years. Pinewood won the first 4 including the 2009 and 2010 State Championship. Cardinal Newman won the only match this season 1-0 at Cardinal Newman. That game was also the championship game for the Lady Bearcat Invitational.

Last years State Championship was won by Pinewood 3-2 on a late goal by Courtney Angotti Smith (Currently a Junior). Kelsey Orvin and Megan Fish also scored - both of them are Seniors this year. Megan has signed with Central Florida and Kelsey has signed with the Air Force Academey. Chelsea Goodwin had the two goals for Cardinal Newman (I believe she has graduated).

In the 2009 State Championship Pinewood won 4-1 with Courtney Angotti Smith scoring 3 with and additional goal from Francesca Kassing (graduated). Alexa Barnes (currently a senior) scored the Goal for Cardinal Newman.

These teams know each other well and it should be a great matchup.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
AAA Girls

Halftime

Cardinal Newman-0
Pinewood-0

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Half time 0-0

CN had a ball off the post early. PW had one off the cross bar. Most of the game in the middle third. Except the last 2 mins - PW had a number shots and a very energetic finish to the half. Both teams were showing signs of fatigue - hot and humid! 2nd half should be interesting. Anyone's game at this point.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
20 left. 0-0. CN has had more of the ball but both teams have had their chances.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
1-1. Two quick goals.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
2-1 Final. CN wins in the last min. Great goal.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Tough lose for Pinewood, but very similar to last years win by Pinewood. As a side note Courtney Angotti Smith recorded her 200 goal on a very nice free kick.

Up next the Boys!

F
kick off
kick off
F
"Personal accomplishments are worthless in the wake of team failure."

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I beg to differ! 200 goals is an amazing accomplishment so please don't try and take that away from her!!I certainly don't see it as a team failure and I am sure the team would agree-shame on you for posting that.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I would like to know how many of the 200 were in games they won 22-0 or 17-0 in order to pad her stats. Shame on you for buying into this unsportsman like behavior. I am sure there are some Irmo kids from your team that could have those kinds of stats if allowed.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Way to go Cardinal Newman. Congratulations on a terrific year!

F
kick off
kick off
F
Kudos CN!

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Fifa Star - not sure its worth responding to your question, given that you clearly have already made a judgement about Courtney's accomplishment - but for those who are interested in what she has done over the past four years, here are the details. (As a note I kept stats for Pinewood in 08,09,10, and got them from the team this year).

Courtney has scored 200 goals in 91 games for an average of 2.2 goals / game.

She has averaged 2.6 goals a game against SCISA Region II teams.

She has averaged 3.1 goals a game against the bottom three teams in Region II. (I wont list the team names - its not important - but its clear that an extra half a goal a game versus teams that she could easy notch 3 to 4 more is not padding stats) - Against the team you noted above she averaged 3.3 goals / game.

She has averaged 2.7 goals / game in the SCISA playoffs.

She has averaged 1.5 goals / game against SCHSL teams.

Some of her averages against SCHSL team:
Greenville 3.0 goals / game
Academic Magnet 1.5 goals / game
Woodruff 1.0 goal / game
Wando 1.0 goal/game

In addition she has a 1.9 goals / game average against teams from outside of SC - Including goals against some very tough teams - Lee Summit North (Mo) - nationally ranked, Battlefield High (VA) - regional ranked, St. James (KS) - regionally ranked, Frederica Academy - Georgia AA Private School state champs, Westminster Academy - Georgia AAA Private School state champs.

I wont get into the sportmenship question about some of the scores Pinewood posted earlier this year, but I will tell you that Courtney has consistently passed the ball of to other teammates in these games. Last year and again this year every single player on the Pinewood team scored - almost all of them assisted by Courtney. Anyone who knows her and her selfless style of play will celebrate her accomplishment and not look for reasons to tarnish it. With one more season to go it is quite possible that Courtney could end up in the top 5 goal scores of all time nationally.

It is a shame that some of us can't find it within ourselves to be proud of a home grown soccer talent. For those who can celebrate with her I will post a link later to a video of her last four goals and some highlights from the past four years.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Touchy..touchy..I am sure if our Irmo kids could play for 5-6 years on Varsity like some of the SCISA schools do then that would definitely be the case also. Never said anything different and wasn't putting down anyone with my comments (as it appears you were trying to do)I hardly think the majority of Courtney's goals were gotten that way. She is a solid player and has managed to put it in the back of the net come crunch time in lots of games over her career at Pinewood and elsewhere.Congratulations to the girls (and boys) at Cardinal Newman also!Very well deserved by them! My daughter has friends and has played with girls on both teams in her years of playing club soccer.

I was only saying you should not try to deflate a kid on such a milestone in her career-I don't care how you look at it. It is a huge accomplishment.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Bravo! Don't know you but I do know Courtney as she and my daughter play club ball together and I am glad you had the stats to back up my feelings on the matter.

Good luck to Pinewood next year and congratulations again to Cardinal Newman this year! 2 very good teams.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Thanks Loves to Play - now back to the main point of this thread.

CN played a great game and played to the very end. Congrats to them.

Already looking forward to next year!

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Agreed.

F
kick off
kick off
F
Haha, how many club state championships has her team won? Oh yeah, 0. She is non exsistent on the club team only in the private school league. Laughable. Haha

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Correct me if I am wrong but this is the high school forum-not club. And Courtney is anything but non-exsistent on the club circuit either. I am not going to lower myself to your level and continue this thread when you obviously are not interested in anything but putting her down. And it is also disturbing to me to think I may know you as you seem to know I am affiliated with Irmo.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

Haha, how many club state championships has her team won? Oh yeah, 0. She is non exsistant on the club team only in the private school league. Laughable. Haha

Judging from the way you attempted to spell existent, perhaps you would have benefited from the opportunity to play in the "private school league."

There is no question that SCHSL AAAA is more competitive than SCISA AAA. Who couldn't field a better team with a high school of 2000-3500 kids than a high school of 200-350 kids? SCISA AAA schools do compete very well, however, against SCHSL AAA and AA schools two and three times their size.

Last edited by oldskoolpinewood; 05/14/11 10:55 PM.
S
bench
bench
S
Courtney is a class act and will do well as a senior next year and then as a player for the University of South Carolina, to which I believe she has already verbally committed. To get back to the point of the thread, today's game was well-played by two teams who know each other well, and I was impressed by the class of both teams. Congratulations to all the players, and especially the many seniors on both teams who will go on to great things in life, whether on the pitch or off.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
When did this become about where your kid goes to school?

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

When did this become about where your kid goes to school?

When FIFA Star started trashing the "private school league" on a thread entitled "SCISA Championship Saturday." Only a complete and utter moron would think to compare SCHSL AAAA to SCISA. But, then, that may be the most accurate description of FIFA Star.

Last edited by oldskoolpinewood; 05/14/11 10:57 PM.
F
kick off
kick off
F
So I guess we are in agreement that 200 goals in the private school league is the same as 25 goals in a real league.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
You may want to go back and read the posts again-I don't think that was said. My daughter does attend Irmo and I think your comments are a little uncalled for-especially in this thread.

F
kick off
kick off
F
Oh and lets not forget that Pinewood lost today in their State Championship. Haha

F
kick off
kick off
F
Cardinal Newman #1, Pinewood not! Go Cards!

O
throw in
throw in
O
@ FIFA Star: you are an idiot. I did not forget Cardinal Newman won. I was there. As disappointed as I was that Pinewood girls didn't win a third straight championship, I was happy for Cardinal Newman and very impressed with their grit scoring in the last minute of a match very similar (as Panther Fan noted) to last year's championship between these schools. If you enjoy calling out 16 year old girls and denigrating their accomplishments, that's certainly telling. But, then again, she will be playing DI soccer in 2012 and you will not.

Last edited by oldskoolpinewood; 05/14/11 10:59 PM.
F
kick off
kick off
F
I respect the player; however I will bet you she will be in the stands watching; they can only roster so many. You don't know where I am playing next year.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I may be an idiot but I know a player shut down like I saw today. The CN player that shut your player down deserves all the recognition. #8 for CN is a better player than your player. If not then why didn't Pinewood win.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

I may be an idiot ....

There's really no "may" to it.

F
kick off
kick off
F
See ya next year loser. Haha Actually I will probably not see you or Pinewood.

F
kick off
kick off
F
Oh yeah, Cardinal Newman IS the state champions in SCISA boys and girls soccer. I guess that makes you sick and I love that. Haha loser.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Oh yeah, Cardinal Newman IS the state champions in SCISA boys and girls soccer. I guess that makes you sick and I love that. Haha loser.

Haha? What are you, 12?

Don't Feed the Trolls!
F
kick off
kick off
F
No I am 14, but pinewood still lost. How old are you?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...they can only roster so many.

According to the NCAA Soccer 2010 and 2011 Rules and Interpretations , there is no roster limit for NCAA soccer.

kick off
kick off
Fifa star, your grammar is utterly disgusting.

Romans 1:16 -- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...
kick off
kick off
Quote:

No I am 14, but pinewood still lost. How old are you?

Oh, that explains it.

Congratulations to Will, and all my friends at Cardinal Newman.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
A
Kickoff
Kickoff
A
does anybody know the score of the Beaufort Academy game?

kick off
kick off
Sorry, congratulations to Steve and the Lady Cardinals too.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Quote:

Quote:

According to the NCAA Soccer 2010 and 2011 Rules and Interpretations , there is no roster limit for NCAA soccer.

Yes, teams can have 29-30 players on the roster but generally only 21-22 at most travel. So in some cases, 10 team members sit a home on weekends.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, teams can have 29-30 players on the roster but generally only 21-22 at most travel. So in some cases, 10 team members sit a home on weekends.

Very true. In SEC and NCAA tournament, only 22 kids are allowed to travel/be rostered. I haven't seen the actual NCAA rule but experience is a dear teacher.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard