U
USNA82 Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
U
AAAA Lower State Championship
Tuesday, 7PM Wando Stadium

Wando (24-4, Region 7-AAAA Champions) v. Beaufort (19-3-2, Region 8-AAAA Champions)

Wando's 6th Consecutive appearance in the Lower State Championship (and 1st time they face an opponent within 100 miles of the Atlantic Ocean.....My definition of "Lower State")

Teams have met twice this season:
2-25: Beaufort 3 Wando 2
3-18: Wando 5 Beaufort 2

2011 AAAA Playoffs:
Round 1: Wando 5 Ridge View 0
Round 2: Wando 7 South Aiken 3
Round 3: Wando 1 Carolina Forest 0

Round 1: Beaufort 6 White Knoll 0
Round 2: Beaufort 5 James Island 0
Round 3: Beaufort 3 Lexington 1

S
throw in
throw in
S
Wando wins because the game is at Wando with referees from Wando.
Beaufort will get a taste of what we got.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Wando wins because the game is at Wando with referees from Wando.
Beaufort will get a taste of what we got.

The better team won. Don't blame the refs, yesterday you got outplayed. If the game was replayed today it might be a different story, but yesterday Beaufort had the run of play no doubt. The officiating wasnt excellent. The one goal you got should've been an offside call.

S
throw in
throw in
S
The better team lost and didn't get outplayed.
Congrats to your team for the victory but we have a reason to complain when the referee gave you two goals.
A pk called for a handball against our goalkeeper is an absolute joke.

corner kick
corner kick
lexsoccer. can you cry on any more threads? quit your bitching. you lost. no matter what the refs did or what that call was or etc the game is done. you had your chances and you didnt make the most of them. for real you are bringing shame and just adding more reason for people to believe that lexington is classless by you arguing and crying about the game.
SHUT UP

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
S
throw in
throw in
S
and your immaturity is also bring classlessness to your team.
so...

J
Brace
Brace
J
I can't tell if your name is soccerwinner or soccerwhiner....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
throw in
throw in
S
who do you play for?

S
throw in
throw in
S
exactly...so shut up.

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
maybe next year soccerweiner

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
No. Not even next year. Same Lexington that will never make it.

S
throw in
throw in
S
when we win next year I'll be rubbing it in.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I believe we here that coming out of Lexington every year

S
throw in
throw in
S
and has lexington every had a really bad team?
no.
not like south aiken, or BC, or Airport, or Wofford, or where ever the heck you used to play.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Where do I play? I don't, I have young kids that play now. I still give back to soccer by refereeing. But this might date myself, whenever we played Lexington, we always referred to them as rednexington. That should at least clue you in where I went to school. Haha, those were the days.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Pretty sure all of those teams you named have never had a really bad team. And all of those teams you have named. Theyve played in or won championships that are end of the season type championships. Not just win in the middle of the year, then let everyone down at the end

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Where do I play? I don't, I have young kids that play now. I still give back to soccer by refereeing. But this might date myself, whenever we played Lexington, we always referred to them as rednexington. That should at least clue you in where I went to school. Haha, those were the days.

This really explains why we are a better school educationally than all others.
Especially Irmo.
Our school is one of the best in all of SC.
so quit hating.

S
throw in
throw in
S
well AAA schools suck.
just look at south aiken when they tried to move up to AAAA.
that went well didn't it?

Lexington beat all the AAA schools they played this season so...
way to prove a valid point. good job.

brace
brace
Well it seems JLMann is doing ok in 4A as did Riverside so I would be careful slaming 3A to hard, as for your wins over 3A, you are supposed to beat them. I would be careful using socres against 3A teams in tournaments for much weight as well, you get a better idea of how good you/they are when you meet in regular season not when teams might be missing key players over spring break or before season.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Just FYI...South Aiken did win a 4A championship before moving down to 3A.

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
i have no dog in this fight, but soccerwinner, u're an adult with kids? seriously...you sound like a child in here. best way to overcome poor refereeing might be to score more goals than the other team and render that one call moot.....i'm just sayin'.

S
throw in
throw in
S
ok well I apologize.

S
throw in
throw in
S
where in the world did I say I was an adult with kids?

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
Quote:

i have no dog in this fight, but soccerwinner, u're an adult with kids? seriously...you sound like a child in here. best way to overcome poor refereeing might be to score more goals than the other team and render that one call moot.....i'm just sayin'.

my mistake! read the posts wrong.....please excuse the error!

S
throw in
throw in
S
its quite alright.
I'm just a bit upset that when I try to post something about the quality of referees at playoff games that all the Lexington haters just swarm in.

brace
brace
You can read posts all year long about reffing and how bad it is. I would be willing to bet somewhere along the way Lex got a win (someone from another team will argure it) because of bad calls in a game or two. It happens all year every year, yes the playoffs tend to get a little better cause few refs needed but like someone said you go into games know refs will likely miss some calls and you just gotta score to over come it. Maybe next year boot is on other foot but railing about it and saying you got cheated will not make may points cause we have all been there too and all you can do is shake your head and carry on. Oh and you know haters are going to hate no matter what so stop even trying with them.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Refereeing can be bad but I have never seen it this bad.
Like I said in my other post I think the Beaufort referee assignor could have done better than to give us a twenty-six year old kid with long hair who referees with a baseball cap and basketball shorts.
Honestly, I have never seen a referee as unprepared as this guy who lost total control of the game within minutes.
If this is the best referee Beaufort has than this is a joke.

We are just disappointed that he was the reason for the end of our potentially promising season especially for our seniors.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Just to add:

this is the second year in a row that poor officiating has cost us a playoff game.
I just feel that referees need to be watched and evaluated and for important playoff games there should be unbiased referees from a neutral location (such as Greenville for example).

corner kick
corner kick
Post deleted by Sconners

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

Just to add:

this is the second year in a row that poor officiating has cost us a playoff game.
I just feel that referees need to be watched and evaluated and for important playoff games there should be unbiased referees from a neutral location (such as Greenville for example).

REALLY????

Have you ever lost a playoff game where you got outplayed?

Two years in a row? Must be a conspiracy!! Why is it when you lose in the playoffs you have to complain about the refs? Just another example of the man trying to keep you down?
I told myself that I was just going to let you continue to make a fool out of yourself without any further comment on my part, but this is bordering on the ridiculous! Please grow up, get over yourself and find something else to whine about. Have you no idea how bad it makes you look to continue to whine like this? What do you hope to accomplish?
Nobody cares that you feel like you were cheated, AGAIN!

Hey Sconners.
Why don't you grow up and be mature.
Your status says you are an adult/coach and its time to start acting like one.
What are you doing spending hours on this website when your pathetic Beaufort team could really be using some coaching.
You know... so you don't have to rely on the referees to get your wins.

In fact all of your parents need to grow up the way they were acting yesterday.
I would be ashamed to be associated with the Beaufort fan section after last night.
Just utterly embarrassing... to all of the adults out there.

Last edited by Soccerwinner; 05/16/11 01:41 AM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
The more you put down Beaufort, the worse it makes Lex look. Just stop now my man.

S
throw in
throw in
S
everyone already hates lexington as it is so what does it matter (especially to you?)

S
throw in
throw in
S
@Bar25

you haven't exactly made yourself or your high school team or Wofford look good either with all of your negative comments towards Lexington.

P
bench
bench
P
Just shut up and play or watch the game all this soccerwinners talk is cheap just do you dont worry about beaufort and be mad that they are actually good and are having a great season!

U
USNA82 Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
U
I started this thread to announce the details of the Lower State Championship....and give a little bit of information about both teams. I very respectfully request all those that wish to discuss other topics do so at another venue, and even go as far as deleting your comments from this topic.

Thank you!

S
throw in
throw in
S
and cheats won't win.
The End.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Kyle -

Please consider taking some action against the abuse your forum. Soccerwinner is hijacking threads and has 55 posts today (so far) with the same allegation - Lexington was robbed, the referee was terrible, everybody hates Lexington, etc. The service that you provide through this forum is valuable and appreciated, please do not allow one person to make a mockery of it.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Sir nobody is mocking anyone's forum especially not that of Mr. Kyle.
I am simply putting my opinion out there.

If you look at my first comment there was nothing wrong with it.
However the others and myself (because of the others) have bloated this simple comment into an argumentative discussion.
I am not and will not be the only one to blame.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
LFC. Its a forum. People post their thoughts and opinions. Weather correct or not, this is the place to talk about soccer in SC. Let it be.

goal kick
goal kick
Haha Teenage boys are taking over SCSoccer and are talking junk over high school rivalries and sore losers.. It can only mean one thing....... 2012 is coming

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
I appreciate the lesson bar25, but the topic of this thread is "AAAA Lower State Championship - Beaufort @ Wando". I logged on to see what others thought, but waded through 4 pages of rants on another topic. Soccerwinner's first post was on topic, but it was followed by 18 directed at everything from the quality of the education at Lexington High to quality of the Beaufort parents. Perhaps a thread devoted to these topics would be more appropriate.

I may not always agree, but I greatly value the opinions of others posted throughout this forum. I may be alone in this view, but when topics are so diluted by excessive off-topic posts, I believe that the value of the forum is undermined. That is a shame.

Last edited by lfc; 05/16/11 03:30 AM.
A
Kickoff
Kickoff
A
Amen

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
the "fans" @ the Beaufort / Lex game had passion. its a nice way to put it. Lexingtons supporters were just as obnoxious as the home team The ref was not as bad as you have made him sound. i will agree that we have more experienced referees in the area, but he has refed for many years and is unbiased and fair. Lexington LOST by two goals, your season is over. Wando should win on tuesday but were working on getting the same ref to run the line so as we plan on scoring several goals offside. peace biaches

S
throw in
throw in
S
Getting back on topic...Wando should win this one easily.
State Championship Final between Wando and Irmo with Irmo as the champions.

brace
brace
So does anyone know how Wando lost the first meeting between them this year? I am guessing there is a story there and figure someone can explain.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

well AAA schools suck.
just look at south aiken when they tried to move up to AAAA.
that went well didn't it?

Lexington beat all the AAA schools they played this season so...
way to prove a valid point. good job.

As a LHS Alum, I'm going to have to ask "soccerloser" to respectfully SHUT UP. Last time I looked, Cardinal Newman, Brookland-Cayce, and St. Joseph's are not AAAA schools.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

So does anyone know how Wando lost the first meeting between them this year? I am guessing there is a story there and figure someone can explain.

As a Lexington player would say..

"The refs helped them win"

B
brace
brace
B
The story is, the first Wando-Beaufort game was in pool play in the Carolina Cup tournament before the regular season. Beaufort deserved to win the match, but then failed to capitalize due to draws in other pool matches (including Lexington). Wando won its next four matches to win the tournament.

W
goal
goal
W
With exception of 5 posts, I just wasted 7 minutes of my life!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
SOCCERWEINER IN HERE TALKIN REAL LOUD FOR NO REASON!!!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
B
brace
brace
B
But Will, who would you rather waste those seven minutes with, than 700 of your closest friends?

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Read this thread beginning at 6:30 a.m., and realize now that I will never get those precious moments back. Who is soccerwinner? My guess is he doesn't even play for Lexington! He might be on the team, but probably doesn't play. No way you could account for all of his spewing vision while playing a game.

throw in
throw in
All this whining and complaining bout refs, fans, etc. reminds me of some similar distance past Irmo games when there was extensive whining about if the ball crossed the goal line....but all were eventually resolved that basically 'things happen'.....it is not an exact world and especially not exact on the playing fields

http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=29079&page=229&fpart=10&vc=1

We all need to be resolved to the fact that no sport ever has a perfect environment for perfect ref calls, perfect shots on goal, perfect defending..and that is what makes a game of any sport so entertaining, interesting and dynamic...

Lexington beats Beaufort! But wait, surely the line judges gave this one to Lexington....

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/11/1814296/class-4a-tennis-lexington-spoils.html

But seriously...lets applaud Beaufort on its victory...they finally broke thru after several past years of disappointment...

http://www.islandpacket.com/2011/05/15/1655249/beaufort-high-boys-roll-on-to.html

And lets prepare for some exciting games to come...

http://www.thestate.com/2011/05/15/1819821/soccer-roundup-irmo-continues.html

J
bench
bench
J
Looking forward to a great game between Beaufort and Wando! Wando had proven year after year that they have a solid program. Beaufort has been on the rise for several years. Old guard vs. Up and Coming. Should be exciting!!!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Read this thread beginning at 6:30 a.m., and realize now that I will never get those precious moments back. Who is soccerwinner? My guess is he doesn't even play for Lexington! He might be on the team, but probably doesn't play. No way you could account for all of his spewing vision while playing a game.

haha.
I'm actually not from Lexington.
Just trying to make them look bad.
and looking back at all of the posts it worked!

A
Kickoff
Kickoff
A
Your an idiot, soccerwhinner!!!!

S
goal
goal
S
3-2 or 4-3 wando is my nostradamus

T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

Quote:

haha.
I'm actually not from Lexington.
Just trying to make them look bad.
and looking back at all of the posts it worked!

soccerwinner...You are an idiot.

U
USNA82 Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
U

Wando 4 Beaufort 3

Scoring:
2' W - Brandon Burkholder (Erik Clark)
12' W - Dustin Bailey
20' B - Christian Faale
38' B - Andrew Settlemire
56' W - Hamilton Carlin
75' B - Andrew Settlemire
76' W - Hamilton Carlin (Zack North)

Wando 25-4 Beaufort 19-4-2

Wando advances to the AAAA State Championship where they will play.......

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Wando 4 Beaufort 3

Scoring:
2' W - Brandon Burkholder (Erik Clark)
12' W - Dustin Bailey
20' B - Christian Faale
38' B - Andrew Settlemire
56' W - Hamilton Carlin
75' B - Andrew Settlemire
76' W - Hamilton Carlin (Zack North)

Wando 25-4 Beaufort 19-4-2

Wando advances to the AAAA State Championship where they will play.......

I didn't have a good look at that last goal, what exactly happened? I know the boys were protesting pretty heavily but couldn't tell what exactly happened. Thoughts?

U
USNA82 Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
U

B
throw in
throw in
B
Local television coverage, including the last goal.
http://www.live5news.com/category/195958/video-landing-page

corner kick
corner kick
Thanks! Great game last night! The boy's showed alot of character in battling back. In the end, Wando was just too deep. Injury to one of our starting mid's was hard to overcome. Great season and playoff run from an outstanding group of young men.
I have not had the opportunity to see Irmo this year but Wando really needs to tighten things up in the back. Should be a good match.

S
throw in
throw in
S
This is all I got - but it says a lot. MotM Hamilton Carlin
http://postandcourier.media.clients.elli...f63ad7b451e7676

J
bench
bench
J
What a great game to watch between Wando and Beaufort. The officials did a good job, the fans were engaged, and the players from both teams gave a great effort!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard