Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15004 03/25/04 04:16 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Midfielder - Your right they do have big mouths. We weren't the ones who decided we were all of a sudden going to play in the SCHSL. I don't see why everyone seems to have a problem with it. We provide valid competition, what's the big deal. Sure 1A is the lowest, BUT I guarantee you if Dixie would have beat us in the PK's, they would have celebrated too. "Oh buts its just 1A?" They wouldn't have been saying that if they'd won. Its not the fact that we're bragging that we're better. FOr instance, we played Woodruff ( 2A, just to clarify) and we won 4-0. You didn't see us hooping and hollering about it. We shook their hands and exited the field like normal. However, if the game had gone into PK's, I can assure you we wouyld have tackled eachother if we had won, out of excitement. It really doesn't matter the team, we would celebrate if we beat Landrum in PK's. It's not bragging, its supporting our team in excitement.

#15005 03/25/04 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMMMMMM...JUST A QUESTION-when you guys beat Dixie last time in P.K.'s why did you guys jump around and celebrate like it was the world cup? I actually heard someone singing "we are the champion's"-QUEEN. That really kinda of blew my mind. How many seniors do you guys have? From what I saw you guys looked very young.

#15006 03/25/04 05:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well first of all I'm not gonna say that we didn't celebrate because we did. I will also say that nobody was singing we are the champion's. Somebody said, "Oh my gosh, we are the winners," and that goes back to a joke from the beginning of the season. Dixie can't say that they wouldn't have been excited about winning a tight game like that in PK's too. Like Alicruzco said we don't dogpile every game we win. We shake hands like normal and exit the field. If it's a close game or a big win though, then I'm sorry to offend anyone, but we're gonna celebrate. It makes the game more fun and since that the whole point of it anyways then I see nothing wrong with it. To answer your question we have 3 seniors, but only 1 of them starts consistently and we're gonna miss him. The other two start occassionally and are good players, but they aren't top on our team. Does anybody know how many seniors Dixie has? By the way GOOB, none of our attacking comments were aimed at you. You've been really cool and I respect you as a person and your abilities as a keeper.

#15007 03/25/04 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also want to know what gives CC and SCS such a huge advantage over 1A public schools when neither recruits and we only have about 275 students in our high school student body?

#15008 03/25/04 07:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think we are losing sight of the topic. this is about who is the best goalie not why Dixie has big mouths or why SCS is gay.

second, i do know how many seniors dixie has.

third, dixe has a good keeper and SCS has a good keeper. Its almost impossible to tell whether GOOB is better or the keeper for SCS. so until you guys want to put them in a one on one competition i think we should all just drop the BS.

#15009 03/25/04 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by the way, grabbing jerseys and blatant hacking (among other things) count as "cheap tactics".

#15010 03/25/04 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
theReaper- First of all I wouldn't mind knowing the # of seniors Dixie has this year, I personally don't care whether you know that number or not, I want to know that number, that's why I'm asking. Second of all, yes they are both great keepers and props to both. Third, the first high level soccer game that you go to and you don't see blatant hacking and jersey grabbing in then please let me know. It's part of the game. A lot of what makes a good soccer player(unfortunately) is who can get good hacks in and who can keep the person they're defending close by having their jersey in there hand without making it blatant to the ref. I play sweeper for SCS and there's no way I'm gonna stand back there on a breakaway and let some guy just dribble right by me. I'm gonna charge at him full speed and hit his as hard as a possibly can with my shoulder and I'm gonna take him out because I know that if it's a 50/50 ball I'm gonna take the other guy out! I don't care whether he gets hurt, and I don't care whether he thinks it was fair or not, all I care about is winning the ball and stopping this defense. Case and point.

#15011 03/25/04 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry....stopping the offense not the defense.

#15012 03/25/04 09:21 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Brrr

#15013 03/29/04 12:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey i know all about that. i play marking back, if i know i can keep a guy in check than i play straight forward soccer. if i cant then Bubba and i go at it on our marks. i know you did a good job and all but we did too other wise it wouldn't of gone to OT and PKs. its just a matter of who the ref sees and i guess he just saw us.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard