Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#14974 03/10/04 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen my fair share of goalies. I've seen excellent, good, fair, and even poor goalies. So give me your opinions of who you think the best 1A goalie is.

#14975 03/12/04 05:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahahahah... 1A teams have goalies? It's me of course!

#14976 03/12/04 05:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I agree.

#14977 03/11/04 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now let's be modest children... ^_- Besides, have either of you seen every goalie in 1A? Until you have, you can only say you're the best... [Big Grin]

#14978 03/19/04 05:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im the keeper for Dixie and i have a lot of confidince in myself i would have to throw my name in the hat for best 1A keeper. Also we played SCS and they have a good keeper as well also 96's keepers pretty good as well

#14979 03/18/04 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The starting keep for Gov. School is doing good and should be considered. He has only allowed one goal (against Camden) the entire season, and has been matched up against decent 2A and 3A teams such as West Florence and Wilson who couldn't put any in on him (mostly thanks to defense).

#14980 03/18/04 11:02 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
You touch on a good point, an average goalie can put up shutout after shutout because he has a tremendous defense. You can't really judge a goalie on his shutout record. You have to look at who he got his saves against. A team could have an awesome goalie that stops 18 shots a game but still lets in 5 because his defense is really weak.

#14981 03/19/04 03:32 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Our goalie is so good. Jared Nagelkirk is his name, and he has improved so much this year. I think its because he played a season of indoor. But he definitely is the best aside from CC, in which no one in our conference really knows, because they can't ever get a shot off of them lol.

#14982 03/19/04 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not really sure about Christ Church's goalie because like alicruzco said we didn't get any good shots against him, and I don't know about any lower state goalies. But what I do know is that I give major props to the Dixie goalie, he's deffinately good. I would have to say that the SCS goalie is better though only because he has like 4 penalty kick saves against ya'll and the Dixie goalie hasn't saved one PK yet against us(SCS). You can contribute a lot of that to good PK shooting, but there have been a couple that he could've saved. Good job anyways though.

#14983 03/20/04 05:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to give it up to you guys at SCS all of you have great pk shots. But i have to tell you the truth though out of all the pks you guys took on me i dont think that your keeper would have saved but maybe one which i belive that i should have saved as well. Once again great game i hope we have the chance to play again in the playoffs but i hope that one wont go to pks

#14984 03/20/04 02:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOOB- Deffinately not gonna disagree with you on that one. You're a great keeper in my opinion. I think you could've saved the first PK in yesterday's game and then in our first meeting at our place there was 2 shots that we're too great, but you just dove the wrong way on. Good luck the rest of the season though.

#14985 03/22/04 05:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goob is the best..He's just a little "lack-a-daze-ackle" on the pk's..

#14986 03/22/04 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that's your opinion, but if he's slack on PK's then what rights does he have to say he's the best. Being able to stop PK's is a large majority of being a good goalie, and since the SCS goalie has stopped 50% of the Dixie Pk's I'd have to put him ahead of Goob. Not that goob isn't good, b/c he's probably close to as good as the SCS goalie in the games, but the SCS goalie is in a completely different league when it comes to PK's.

#14987 03/22/04 07:17 PM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Stopping PK's is a part of being a goalie, but I don't necessarily think it's as large a part as you think. It's mostly (but not all) a guessing game. Guess right and you have a pretty decent chance of looking good. Guess wrong and you can at least blame it on the defense. I would say that positioning and reaction are probably a stronger key to being a good goalkeeper.

#14988 03/22/04 10:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^ good point.. I really didn't think much of SSC's goalie..ITs a guessing game.. I think goob is still better he makes very nice save beside's pk's..

#14989 03/23/04 04:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's just leave it at they're both great goalie's. One's just better at Pk's.

#14990 03/24/04 05:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the sexiest...

#14991 03/23/04 10:01 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
DCA6767 - don't just leave it anywhere.
#3 - SCS's goalie is better, hands down. Better at PK's, and better in the game. I don't care what you say, we've won 2 games against you guys, because of goalie's. If yours was better than ours, he would have stopped our PK's, he DIDN'T. Our goalie, however, did stop over half of yours.....so this must mean your goalie is better, right? No. He is a great goalie, don't get me wrong. But if you are going to compare the two, most would agree, SCS's is better.

#14992 03/24/04 03:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No... We can't shoot Pk's.. HANDS DOWN.. Like your fellow goalie said.. "I admit, I couldn't of block our teams shot either." If it comes down to it, ya'll have better pk shooters than us, not goalie..

#14993 03/24/04 03:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok if you want to look at it that way, but also take into account that I think GOOB is a senior, and our goalie is only a sophmore so just imagine how much better than GOOB he'll be his senior year.

#14994 03/24/04 03:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what you're saying is if Dixie learns how to shoot pks, and the private schools in the upstate move up... STATE CHAMPIONSHIP HERE THEY COME!

#14995 03/24/04 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good idea! Why don't we just move SCS, BE, and CC up to 4A then give Dixie 5 of the best PK shooters in the world and there you have it.....

DIXIE 2004 SOUTH CAROLINA 1A STATE CHAMPS!!!!

-Not gonna ever happen, learn to build your program and over time you'll get your chances.

#14996 03/25/04 05:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey look no ones trying to talk crap about anybody being better than anybody. SCS you guys have a great goalie i said that and i never said i was better than him i just said that i was confident in my own abilities in the net and im not complaining about pk's because if we would have finished the job in regulation we wouldnt have had to worry about pk's anyway.

#14997 03/24/04 08:15 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Don't worry GOOB, you are a great goalie. I'm not talking crap to you. Dixiehigh#3, however, is the one who needs to keep his mouth shut. In my opinion, our goalie is a bit better, eve though you are an incredible goalie. Maybe instead of voicing his opinion so much, Dixiehigh#3 should be out practicing his PK's.

#14998 03/25/04 12:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O boy.. your arguement is soo not valid.. U have the same argument i do.. except for only you two pricks get ****y cause i say goob is better..your opinion is yours, so is my opinion mine..U two sound really gay.. SSC is known for queers anyway..i'll go practice my pk's, but i know if i would have shot one i would have made it..Besides goalies, BOTH games we played against yall should have been ours.. We whooped yall handily up and down the field.. Yall couldnt stop our strikers so yall literally held them.. STILL we whoop yall up and down the field.. #8 is yall's most talented other than that yall have a couple good players and nothing else..yours fans are gay also... everytime i threw a long throw-in your fans would yell, "ilegal"...PANSIES!

#14999 03/25/04 02:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dixiehigh#3 is right. We took yall up and down the field. Niether one of us could win in regulation. we couldn't because our strikers couldn't get past your defense's cheap tactics, and you just couldn't get past our defense and you know who counts as defense...you'll never guess...the keeper.

very good you guys do learn in private schools.

the only way yall won was by the ref placing the ball 12 yds from the goal with no one else on the field.

#15000 03/25/04 03:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So know it's finally revealed who Dixiehigh#3 is. I couldn't remember exactly who you were. Well you might recall me, #5, taking you out when i dribbled the ball up from sweeper, yeah, considered you weigh about 100 more pounds than me i was pretty impressed that i took you down handily. Anyways, if we're such pansies then how come you still in the history of SCS vs. Dixie in boys varsity soccer have yet to beat us. Hmm.... that funny. I'm gonna put a few things together for ya.....Soccer=contact sport......Scs=win over dixie.....Dixie=losers. There you have it. If you wanna say that you beat us up and down the field then you can, but it's not true. Both of your goals were lucky, the first one was just a lucky shot from way outside the box and the second was a fumbled ball around in the box and it got tapped in. Both of our goals were completely legitimate. The only goal that ya'll deserved was Boogie's shot off the crossbar in the first 5 minutes. You played a very good game and i'm impressed that ya'll can even hang w/ us. So i'm not trying to start a bunch of crap with anybody, let's just leave everything out on the field, that's the way the game's supposed to be played. Bottom line is neither one of us could completely stand out from the other in regulation so we went to PK's, and we have better PK shooters, that's all it comes down too. Sorry about some of the comments, but i don't really appreciate beating somebody at something and then being called a pansy just because the other team's jealous of our victory. I have 3 questions though.

theReaper....What were our defense's cheap tactics?

Dixiehigh#3...If you would've made your PK then why did your coach not have confidence in you to take it?

For all....How many seniors to you have this year?

#15001 03/25/04 03:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dixiehigh#3...are you trying to say that your throw in is not illegal? because if you would simply know the rules, a ball that spins sideways is illegal. true, most refs don't call it, but it is an illegal throw in. also, dont call our school or our fans gay, because it's pointless. i'm not sure when we became known for having "queers", but insults don't change what happened on the field. we won both games. that's it. our defense plays a physical game b/c soccer is a physical game. so, dixiehigh#3, how can we be pansies when you were the one limping off of the field at the end of the game? i respect your team. you guys played very well both times and i was very impressed with how much you have improved. so, all i ask is that you respect us. thats it

#15002 03/25/04 03:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gay, pansies, queer, prick... hey, you guys might not be playing for a 1A state championship but at least you can hold an intelligent conversation with someone.

So, your team is horrible at PK's YET you know you would make a pk if you took it... something isn't adding up here

#15003 03/25/04 04:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know people at Dixie have big mouths but they really TRY to play a game intended for 1A PUBLIC schools. Then private schools come in and dominate them, then brag because they are so good at beating none other than a 1A (aka-lowest ranked division of SCHSL sports). To me that is not much to brag about. Maybe you should step up in the rankings where you would have something to brag about and or even celebrate winning a different division.

#15004 03/25/04 04:16 AM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Midfielder - Your right they do have big mouths. We weren't the ones who decided we were all of a sudden going to play in the SCHSL. I don't see why everyone seems to have a problem with it. We provide valid competition, what's the big deal. Sure 1A is the lowest, BUT I guarantee you if Dixie would have beat us in the PK's, they would have celebrated too. "Oh buts its just 1A?" They wouldn't have been saying that if they'd won. Its not the fact that we're bragging that we're better. FOr instance, we played Woodruff ( 2A, just to clarify) and we won 4-0. You didn't see us hooping and hollering about it. We shook their hands and exited the field like normal. However, if the game had gone into PK's, I can assure you we wouyld have tackled eachother if we had won, out of excitement. It really doesn't matter the team, we would celebrate if we beat Landrum in PK's. It's not bragging, its supporting our team in excitement.

#15005 03/25/04 04:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMMMMMM...JUST A QUESTION-when you guys beat Dixie last time in P.K.'s why did you guys jump around and celebrate like it was the world cup? I actually heard someone singing "we are the champion's"-QUEEN. That really kinda of blew my mind. How many seniors do you guys have? From what I saw you guys looked very young.

#15006 03/25/04 05:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well first of all I'm not gonna say that we didn't celebrate because we did. I will also say that nobody was singing we are the champion's. Somebody said, "Oh my gosh, we are the winners," and that goes back to a joke from the beginning of the season. Dixie can't say that they wouldn't have been excited about winning a tight game like that in PK's too. Like Alicruzco said we don't dogpile every game we win. We shake hands like normal and exit the field. If it's a close game or a big win though, then I'm sorry to offend anyone, but we're gonna celebrate. It makes the game more fun and since that the whole point of it anyways then I see nothing wrong with it. To answer your question we have 3 seniors, but only 1 of them starts consistently and we're gonna miss him. The other two start occassionally and are good players, but they aren't top on our team. Does anybody know how many seniors Dixie has? By the way GOOB, none of our attacking comments were aimed at you. You've been really cool and I respect you as a person and your abilities as a keeper.

#15007 03/25/04 05:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also want to know what gives CC and SCS such a huge advantage over 1A public schools when neither recruits and we only have about 275 students in our high school student body?

#15008 03/25/04 07:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think we are losing sight of the topic. this is about who is the best goalie not why Dixie has big mouths or why SCS is gay.

second, i do know how many seniors dixie has.

third, dixe has a good keeper and SCS has a good keeper. Its almost impossible to tell whether GOOB is better or the keeper for SCS. so until you guys want to put them in a one on one competition i think we should all just drop the BS.

#15009 03/25/04 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by the way, grabbing jerseys and blatant hacking (among other things) count as "cheap tactics".

#15010 03/25/04 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
theReaper- First of all I wouldn't mind knowing the # of seniors Dixie has this year, I personally don't care whether you know that number or not, I want to know that number, that's why I'm asking. Second of all, yes they are both great keepers and props to both. Third, the first high level soccer game that you go to and you don't see blatant hacking and jersey grabbing in then please let me know. It's part of the game. A lot of what makes a good soccer player(unfortunately) is who can get good hacks in and who can keep the person they're defending close by having their jersey in there hand without making it blatant to the ref. I play sweeper for SCS and there's no way I'm gonna stand back there on a breakaway and let some guy just dribble right by me. I'm gonna charge at him full speed and hit his as hard as a possibly can with my shoulder and I'm gonna take him out because I know that if it's a 50/50 ball I'm gonna take the other guy out! I don't care whether he gets hurt, and I don't care whether he thinks it was fair or not, all I care about is winning the ball and stopping this defense. Case and point.

#15011 03/25/04 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry....stopping the offense not the defense.

#15012 03/25/04 09:21 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Brrr

#15013 03/29/04 12:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey i know all about that. i play marking back, if i know i can keep a guy in check than i play straight forward soccer. if i cant then Bubba and i go at it on our marks. i know you did a good job and all but we did too other wise it wouldn't of gone to OT and PKs. its just a matter of who the ref sees and i guess he just saw us.

#15014 03/31/04 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D-MAC is the best goalie in 1-A hands down. I also think that no other goalie can come out of the goal and play offense like D-MAC the beast!!!

#15015 03/31/04 01:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D-MAC...what team?

Name makes me what to eat McDonalds, and I hate the stuff. Is D-MAC like a really big Big-Mac? Haha.

#15016 03/31/04 03:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will definently have to say that of what I have seen, SCS keeper is probably the best. But definently 2nd would be dixies keep, he is pretty good also. But i mean really once again, untill you have seen all the keepers you never can really know.

#15017 04/01/04 03:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm D-MAC. BHHS -- D-MAC is not a fast food item, my ignorant friend. D-MAC is a state of mind. I have also scored 12 goals this year (off goal kicks)

#15018 04/01/04 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a goalie is not just about PKs. Their is more to a goalie than just that. You have a all around game good punts,goalkicks, and judgement. A has to command his defense be a leader, be a comforter and much much more. The goalie is only as good as his defense. Im The GK for williston-Elko high School and im not the best but im one of the best. Dixie's goalie is the most sorry goalie i ever scene. He is just a big ass crybaby always crying. My daddy once told me if it dosent kill it will make u stronger.

#15019 04/02/04 05:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey mark when did i ever cry during our game i would just like to know where you get this idea from because i never said anything to you or any of your teammates to let on to that. And another thing you guys beat us the day after a grueling matchup with "A MUCH BETTER TEAM" and you slipped up on us which by the way wouldnt happen again and the day your better than me is the day hell freezes over. One of your standards for a good goalie was punts and if you were paying any attention during the game you noticed that my punts put yours to shame

#15020 04/01/04 07:43 PM
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I wouldn't say GOOB is a cry baby. I think he is a very good goalie. Sure they lost, and their not ranked, but I think skill wise they should be, and I also think he is a talented asset to their team.

#15021 04/01/04 11:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 goals off of goal kicks? Wow... impressive.

#15022 04/12/04 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey Goob, u are always crying about cc and scs LIG it let it go. yeah u say your punts put me to shame but no matter how sorry they were dixie still could not score ha ha. You make it seem like we didnt play a tough game against BHHS. we play them all the time, and the dixie wanna come down here and try to sweep lowerstate. dixie cant beat the top teams in the upperstate what make yall think u can beat the top teams in the lowerstate. Yall beat BHHS only because the played W-E that thursday. you right ''A MUCH BETTER TEAM'' then Dixie!! GUESS WHAT GOOB HELL IS FREEZING OVER JUST LIKE U DID AGAINST US!!!! W-E had many chances to score on u. u was just lucky, and to make it worst we was playing with out one of our star forwards and then we still score on you a rookie at that you SCRUB!!!! I give it up to you, you are a good GK. IM not the best and i dont try to be the best. I love what i do sometimes i take loses to hard, but thats only because i hate to lose and when i do i work harder to prevent loses again. I dont cry that we should be ranked.

#15023 04/12/04 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the skinny on W-E: They have THREE quality players -- the two midfielders, and one wing/striker. That is all. Marcus, you're a good guy, and I'm sure you love what you do, but you're goalkeeping skills aren't exceptional. If I had to make a decision, I would say GOOB is the better keeper (even though I'm better than you both). Dixie is a much much better team than you guys, but the games are fun no matter which of the three teams are competing.

*EDIT* - It is now 13 goals off of goal kicks.

#15024 04/12/04 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here the Skinny on Bville D-MAC, D-Nut, or D-Dumass whatever! u claim to have gotten 13 goals off goal kicks Bull..... thats crap and u know it. first i was not even talking to Bville players because i respect them and the GK, this argument has nothing to do with u. You say we have only three good players. then we must have a super GK to be winning, and also to beat a team that beat u. I have nothing aginst bville one of my best friends are on that team. tell u the truth you are not the best goalie in our region, and tell u the truth im the best and i dont wanna be the best. The GK from Branchville is much better than u will ever be.

#15025 04/12/04 08:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your leg is strong enough and accurate enough to reach the goal on goalkicks you need to get a tryout kicking field goals and kickoffs with an nfl team b/c you are wasting your massive leg playing 1A soccer in South Carolina.

#15026 04/13/04 04:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows I'm lying about the goal kicks...

Why are you taking my comments so personally, Marcus? I'm just stating a fact. Branchville's keeper is an ATHLETE, and an excellent one at that, but he's not a goalkeeper. Even if he was a good keeper, it wouldn't matter. Look at their team! Anyone who knows soccer can tell that he has had no training in the goal. Much of the same can be said for you. You are a good athlete, probably more athletic than me, but my goalie skills surpass yours by a mile. You just simply don't have the training needed to be an adequate goalkeeper. And don't get me wrong, you're a cool fellow, but I just wish you would have a firmer grasp on reality and stop lying to the viewers of this message board.

This should add to the flame a little bit... Blackville vs. Williston on National Marijuana Day. The region championship is on the line.

#15027 04/13/04 11:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is how u feel D-Mac so be it. Im not going to talk about it anymore. Im going to let my game talk! see u on the field D-Mac one love.

#15028 04/13/04 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you on 4/20, Marcus. One love (?)

#15029 04/13/04 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If someone says that they are not talking about something, but they are still talking, how can they claim that they are not talking about it??

Interesting to me, anyway. B-H goalie is the best, if his defense can ever play in front of him. Also, they need more goals from #9 and #7.

#15030 04/13/04 06:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think goob is an excellent keep, but i might be a little bias.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard