Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
That's because once Wando got the lead they did not have to push forward. Irmo did not penetrate Wando's defense once, minus the goal on the set piece. They didn't force Wando's keeper to make very many tough saves and did not seem very dangerous. Dunbaker was the only one who did look dangerous at times. Wando got the lead, sat in, and occasionally made great runs forward. Meanwhile Irmo was frustrated by a hard and smart defense. Again, I did not see anything special from Irmo last night. Wando played smart, and was the better team.

One Time!
B
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
B
HeTakesPictures, you're definitely an Irmo fan, so stop lying, because you take pictures doesn't mean you know anything about soccer. Obviously you can't see very well with your camara if the score was 3-1 and Wando out played them in the first half.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i know for a fact that he takes pictures is NOT an imro fan. i know for a fact that he takes pictures did not attend irmo nor did a member of his family. i alsoknow that he takes a mean picture. i have some of his work hanging in my office and home. and guess what? i dont have anything to dpo with irmo either. way to go wando.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

HeTakesPictures, you're definitely an Irmo fan, so stop lying, because you take pictures doesn't mean you know anything about soccer. Obviously you can't see very well with your camara if the score was 3-1 and Wando out played them in the first half.

Hmmm....interesting. From my post under "Why?" it is obvious I am not an Irmo fan.

You on the other hand are obviously Anti-Irmo. Ergo, whom do you assume would have a more unbiased opinion?

At least sG had an intelligent response. You had nothing. Were you even at the game?

As far as me knowing anything about soccer, well I guess that's sort of subjective. But I do tend to see plays develop and know where to point the camera. So I guess I know a little about soccer. Also for the last 7 years my boys and I have had the privilege of working closely with the legendary Kevin Heise. And now I'm getting to observe and hear about of the coaching styles of the USC coaches. So, I've probable picked up a little knowledge on the way.

So…Mr. Soccer, does a 3-1 score always represent the better team?

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal
Goal
HTP is a BC homer. (Let's face it, we are all homers for some team)

S
goal
goal
S
hats off to anyone taking those great photos at soccer matches. i've tried, it ain't easy figuring all that out in a fast paced sport....i leave my camera at home, too frustrating.

corner kick
corner kick
My hats off too, Sandman. Def some good shots that parents in the stands could only dream of taking. For the parents that want copies, I think they can get them for a small charge by going to the web site....much cheaper than buying a super Canon outfit. Thanks again HTP

Goal
Goal
thanks Spartan,

Click here for Pictures of the SC Boys High School Championship Matches

BTW: you can download any picture for free from this link, or sign in to Picasa/Google and it will allow you to order any print through your favorite photo processing lab.

Pssst, don't tell anyone...but if you need a higher than 1200x800 resolution picture, contact me at hetakespictures@hotmail.com and I can send you the full resolution picture.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Great shots. I'm jealous. Thanks for the link.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I've been reading what has been said the past few days and figured I would weigh in with my observations from the game.

Irmo came out flat... not each individual, but as a team they were on their heels for the first 10 minutes of the game.

1st Wando Goal:
Irmo allowed for a player (Hamilton) who is known for his heading ability to go unmarked on a long throw. Very poor job by the defending player in that instance.

2nd Wando Goal:
Player with loads of experience (Sullivan) made a rookie mistake.

The 1st goal didn't faze Irmo that much. They had gone down to CN earlier in the season and therefore knew that they could win even though they were down 1-0 to a good side. The 2nd goal was like a shot in the foot. Going down 2-0 in a Championship match is hard to overcome... but not impossible.

1st Irmo Goal:
Wando made the same mistake that Irmo did in leaving a player who is known for his heading ability (Seiverding) unmarked in the box.

Offside Call:
I believe it was a bad call made on Irmo's 2nd goal (Dunbaker). Initially he was in an offside position... but he recognized that, stopped his run, and allowed the backs to catch up to him. When the ball was played (Lunceford) Dunbaker was even with the defender to his back (watching the video confirmed this). Very unfortunate that a ref COULD have changed the outcome of the game.

One thing that Wando does well (which really helped them in the game) is their speed of play. You don't see any one of the Wando boys taking more than 1 touch to settle the ball and 1 touch to pass it. I have seen this both with their JV Squad and V Squad. Their coach does well in teaching them to play simple and quick.

Have to give credit to Irmo's Dunbaker for never giving up on the game. He gave the Wando defense all they could handle. If the rest of Irmo's team would've had that same desire we might have seen a different outcome.

Looking forward to next years season. Wando will undoubtedly be in the running for the Championship again as I hope Irmo will be as well. Would be nice to see a rematch of the two.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard