Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Goal
Goal
Quote:

One of the funnier comments I've read on this board regards hearing the "thud" of the kick while Connor was onside.
I mean, really?

"Why is everbody always pick'n on me?" - Charlie Brown

I see the play develope, I see the kick about to happen, I turn my head to look at Dunbaker do his move, I listen for...and yes...I hear the "thud" (...not really a "thud", more of a "pop"), and I make note of the location of Dunbaker.....

Ah yes!!!! Hotdog $2.00, Gatorade $2.00, being right on the sidelines of another SC HS Championship Soccer game......priceless

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
J
Brace
Brace
J
Listening for the kick is what referees do too. When I am on the line as an AR, I always look for the offsides and listen to the ball. If you watch the ball get kicked, then turn your head, you are going to make the wrong call by assuming that the player was offsides. The AR's should be be even to the second to last defender, watching straight across the field, and should hear the kick happen. That is the way you are taught, to do it any differently is to do a disservice to all the players on the field.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

"that will just about cover the flybys!"- Goose

It was Viper!!!

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
B
Why doesn't Coach Savitz Bleach his hair too?

corner kick
corner kick
Good 1st post, SoccersAnswer! I'd have to agree with everything except for the "Rookie" mistake by Sullivan. That ball should have never been passed back to him. He had to play it at his feet right in front of the goal. It looked like he just whiffed a ball that was tough to play, travelling parallel to the goal with Wando's front line right on top of it. Wando's front line was way too fast to even think about passing a ball back that close to the middle.

Last edited by Spartan; 05/25/11 04:24 AM.
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Spartan seriously??? Sullivan tried to take a touch and distribute the ball in his own box with a defender running towards him. That is a rookie mistake! He easily could have one touch cleared the ball, regardless of whether or not it should have been played to him. He had time to clear it for sure. Everytime the ball was played to him after that he looked shaky and uncomfortable.

One Time!
B
brace
brace
B
Not his strength. Good shot stopper. Occasionally spills the ball. Not comfortable or particularly effective with the ball at his feet.
And yes, I understand ARs listen for the "thud." I just question whether ANYONE could have heard it in the context of several players and many observers not even hearing the whistle.

B
brace
brace
B
It is curious, though, that such misfortune could strike a program with 5 starting keepers.

T
TSO Offline
kick off
kick off
T
I guess Coach Savitz didn't learn anything from last year's mistake by moving Emmett to forward. He was extremely ineffective as a forward last year vs Northwestern, and did nothing on the left wing in this game. He is an amazing CM, not sure why Irmo again made him play a position he is far less effective in.

I could understand if you were getting dominated and making the lineup change quickly, but the goals were from a set piece and a terrible mistake by the GK, it wasn't like the midfield was getting abused. Moving Emmett to forward only gets him less involved in the game when you needed him to take over.

#8 for Wando was a standout, not surprising Irmo scored when he was out of the game.

B
brace
brace
B
#8 is senior defender Hiago Barreto, who was a real warrior.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard