Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal
goal
S
do those salaries include teaching duties or is fball coach teachers kind of a wink & a nod joke?

are head coaches required to be teachers?

i know assts are not.

brace
brace
"facilities for practices and games; medical and training facilities and services; accommodation of interests and abilities; and scheduling of games and practice times."

If this is the standard required by the law, not sure what it is this is quote from story saying what the short fall is, then most schools could have a beef with how soccer teams are treated.

Waiting for someone to make an issue that sports that involve female athletes are not given the same practice windows (amount of time per year) that male only sports (football) get because the SCHSL treats sports with females "unfairly".

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
I think it is a brilliant lawsuit and applaud the parent for bringing the issue to light.

As for head football coaches and athletic directors, most do not "teach" these days. IMO, after 35+ years in education, I think it is that personnel and the administrators (all the highly paid folks) who have lost touch with the real reason we do this for a living.

I could see Lewis Lineberger "teaching" a class! LOL!

U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the status of this legal action?

I
goal
goal
I
OCR complaint reviews are extemely slow. Lawyers, reviewing data, writing letters, having letters reviewed by other lawyres etc.

A teacher friend of mine sent me a note that the AD sent to all of the BSHS high school teachers. It was sent out on Sept 8th. Coach Clark (the AD/football coach) was asking the teachers and their families to tell him when all the sports at the school were started, because he had no idea, or info. Evidently the government is still dragging info out of the school, at this point.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

A teacher friend of mine sent me a note that the AD sent to all of the BSHS high school teachers. It was sent out on Sept 8th. Coach Clark (the AD/football coach) was asking the teachers and their families to tell him when all the sports at the school were started, because he had no idea, or info. Evidently the government is still dragging info out of the school, at this point.

Huh??? How can the AD not know when the sports at his/her school start?

I
goal
goal
I
The biggest issue is there are 515 male athletes at the school and only 219 female athletes. On top of this the school refuses to add C teams, and other sanctioned sports for the girls. To get propotionate, they will have to add 226 female athletes (to match school population).

The treatment part is just a side affect of the male dominated adminstration treating the girls like second class citizens. It is funny, and sad, they built a brand new aux gym complex... Locker room space in the new area girls 76, boys 246. Even when they build, buildings, their bias shows.

Will let you know what I hear.

I
goal
goal
I
Give me your email address I will email you the note he sent out.

Goal
Goal
1. Football coaches "salaries" are a combination of an AD + coaching stipend. Their stipend is NOT 60k. There might be an exception here and there, but that is definitely not the norm.

2. I think the safety equipment is a good thing with the shinguards. Schools should provide those. They provide pads for football, catchers equipment for baseball/softball, etc. Please don't provide cups. If you do, DON'T reissue them. Same with mouthguards.

3. Yes...football has to bring in the money for other sports. I disagree with the buying of cleats for the players and tire of hearing the argument that they can't afford the cleats. There are some soccer players that don't have much money either.

I
goal
goal
I
Our AD football coach gets his money this way...

1.4500 for being the AD
2. 14500 for being the Football coach
3. The balance of his 83,000 salary is for teaching classes he does not teach. His total salary is in the FOIA database on the SHJ website...

And to get that much teaching money he would have to have a Phd in our district, which he does not have.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard