Goal
L
big loss for scufc

who will backfill his spot?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
What does a DOC of a state association do?

Goal
Goal
Had him as an instructor at one point. Best wishes to him!

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

What does a DOC of a state association do?

If it is a new position at SCYSA maybe the organization could post a release of what the role of the DOC would be. Given the concerns/complaints of individual members over the past couple of years regarding the quality and consistency of training with the ODP teams, maybe his hiring could in part be an attempt to address some needs there.

bench
bench
Had him as a instructor before. Not overly impressed. Heard he and Trip had their rounds as well. This must be a paid position if he left Columbia United? If so, how much?

C
throw in
throw in
C
My child had Greg as a coach and he was an excellent coach. In fact, he was the first coach we have had that actually cared about my child's particular ability, saw her potential, and held extra training sessions on his own time just to focus on her GK skill. I was also impressed that he had the "balls" to push back on some of the politics at the club and play a child who was better than another person's child whose parents had a lot of influence in the club and were probably big donors. In the end, that may have hurt him, but it won respect from others. It is a big loss for SCUFC to lose Greg and I wish him the best in his new position.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
I had Greg as an instructor for one of my coaches licenses. I enjoyed his presentations and especially the way he showed us how to apply technical knowledge in a format that was framed for the age we were coaching.

best of luck to him !

C
goal
goal
C
Greg is a great guy and coach. I personally have never heard a parent or child say anything bad about Greg. It will be a loss to SCUFC, but I am sure that Ron Tryon was supportive of Greg's move and probably encouraged him to take the job.

SCYSA has needed someone to help organize this stuff for a long time and I applaud SCYSA for doing it. ODP, State Tournaments and Coaches training will only improve with a full time person, instead of people volunteering.

Here I go again!

Link Copied to Clipboard