Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
In the past 2 weeks I've seen the high emotional rollercoaster of the HS players from tears of joy to tears of defeat. In club games I've never seen it. Are club games just another game. Why is that?

S
throw in
throw in
S
I would think that it has a good bit to do with who is attending the games and the different pressure a young player feels because of that.
Having mainly mom and dad attend club games creates a certain emotion and atmosphere. Compare this to HS soccer/sports which has all of the players friends (probable romantic interests) and the weight of school pride and their street cred riding on the line. Hence there is possibly more pressure/reward from the HS environment - but usually with a lesser quality of play.
Just my thoughts.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
The reason you have seen emotion the last two weeks is because the players are competing for a chance to win a HS state championship. Don't you see the same emotion during club season when the players are playing in state cup events? You've never seen emotion when the club team wins/loses in the tournament finals? I know it's been my experience...on both sides

Of course, you also have to consider the added emotions of senior players that realize this may be their last game. Underclass players are also dealing with emotions of providing the seniors one more shot...or falling short.

No doubt that HS soccer is more emotional, but I've seen my share of tears on the club fields as well.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
"In club games I've never seen it."

Then you obviously weren't in Rock Hill for State Cup a few weeks ago.

W
goal
goal
W
I think in the HS game you have more of your "buddies," ones you have grown up with. You also have siblings etc. But you cant say there isnt any emotion in club, just not true. Maybe not as much or maybe not as intense but I have seen some pretty heated battles at state cup and regionals.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

"In club games I've never seen it."

Then you obviously weren't in Rock Hill for State Cup a few weeks ago.

My thoughts exactly.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

In the past 2 weeks I've seen the high emotional rollercoaster of the HS players from tears of joy to tears of defeat. In club games I've never seen it. Are club games just another game. Why is that?

Do you start these threads just to stir the pot? We get it! You don't like club soccer. Or at least you don't like club soccer when it comes to CESA. The reality is, there is a club and a level of play for most every soccer player. Not all clubs, teams, or even high school teams are going to be all to everyone. More than likely, club and high school together complete the experience for most soccer players.

High school is a different experience from club. For some players it might be better, for others, worse. Still, to say there is no emotion when losing a club game is ridiculous. I can only imagine that your child must never have lost a State Cup or an important game. Otherwise you would know that plenty of tears are shed when a club team comes up short for that important game they have been preparing for for months.

G
gbdawgs Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
MT4ME welcome to the wild and crazy message board where you get both sides of a story. I notice this is only your 2nd post and first day on the board. You seem to know alot about gbdawgs for this being your first day. Or did you just add or change your username...that's what I think! I asked a question and made an observation, which is allowed in an open forum. And yes I ask alot of questions that make some people very angry and some extremely happy, and some who could care less. Well have a blessed day.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Looks like gb missed the Rules Section, that says Club Pumpers only.

Hmmmmmm...

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I've watched this board for a few years. I think there's no need to stir the pot, and these threads are started to do nothing but start another argument about whether hs or club is best. I've seen the same thread over and over again.

If you don't like a club, go to another. If a club doesn't offer what your child wants or needs, find one that does. If you think the club charges too much, find one with lower fees. I'm not pumping club over high school and you can tell me what from my comment would lead you to believe I am. I am simply saying that there is something for every player, and many clubs, especially the larger ones offer a level for everyone. High school and club can coexist. Each offers something different to a player.

I come occassionally with intention of getting information on SC soccer, both high school and club. As I am reading to find out what is going on I see threads like this that have one purpose, and that's to get yet another argument going about the virtues of club v high school. Has this not been discussed in every way possible or must we find another way to say the same thing?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard