Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#150929 06/03/11 03:53 PM
Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Is this a good idea so close to the Gold Cup? Spain Sat and Canada Tues.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
goal kick
goal kick
It does not look like it was a good idea. 3-0 at half time and we are don't have our good players in. I think it is a terrible idea to crush confidence before going into the Gold Cup. The only good news is that US is in CONCACAF so there is not too much competition in the Gold Cup.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
world cup
world cup
We look like crap.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
goal
S
where is the back line? they drove it right down our center. we suck from box to box.

is this coach up to task?

Last edited by sandman; 06/04/11 10:26 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
tim howards gonna kick some fb ass tonight

Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
It troubles me that we scheduled this when we did. Then, we got a huge crowd ready to support US Soccer that must have thought it was a total waste of money to see a 3rd rate team get pounded. Why are we constantly trying players out like this? Home matches with intenational appeal and national implications should be used to bulid our fan base. Use away friendlies to try new players, systems, etc. The average American sports fan does not understand that we were 'tweaking' only that we stunk in losing 4-0.

And, have our central players EVER seen a give-and-go before?

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
Goal
Goal
I completely agree with you Wayne. I had non-soccer friends that were looking forward to this match and by half time were totally uninterested. Casual fans don't care who is wearing the uniform, they want to see us be competative.

Does anyone else think a bad showing at the Gold Cup and Bradley has to go?

B
brace
brace
B
Yes. But not because of any single match or tournament. Because it's time for fresh insight and perspective to lift us off our current plateau. And with a raft of veterans about to "age" out, it's time to bring the "right" new ones into the mix.
For one, find an international-caliber manager/leader who can bring different guys to the table. My sense is, Joe Rossi (for one) wouldn't play for Bradley. Also, identify who really is and is NOT eligible. Guys like Junior Hoilett (Blackburn/Canada) are said to be eligible for the U.S. side. Are they? Do we want/need them? How do we get them on board?
Second, eliminate the dead wood. We have too many know-nothings and "names" in direct or peripheral positions of influence BOTH ON AND OFF THE PITCH. Somebody please show Oguchi Onyewu to the door and replace him with a young kid who'll care enough to make mistakes, rather than doing his best imitation of a statue.
And please -- PLEASE -- stop the endless anointing of "the next great American player." We've constructively ruined guys like Adu, Altidore, etc., with the weight of ridiculously overblown expectations.

world cup
world cup
The coach might have to go, but his kid is absolutely top-notch. Easily one of the four best players this country has to offer right now.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Hurst, I couldn't agree more. I think he is a great player. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't think he was an every day player in the EPL. It's hard to get better as a country when one of our top 5 players only gets in 2 or 3 games for Aston Villa since the end of January.
I am not sure if he was hurt or not but that isn't good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard