Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#150948 06/04/11 02:15 AM
brace
OP Offline
brace
Since Transplant posted that RHS graduated 8 seniors (who has a great run) the other night and tonight Fort Mill graduated 8 seniors who were starters. I got to wondering what the other schools graduated, anyone get more than 8 starters? How about Wando/Mauldin they have had a great run the last couple of years anyone know what they graduated? How about HHI?

H
Bench
Bench
H
HHI graduated 3 seniors. However they had 3-4 very talelted high level club players that were freshman who saw limited play behind those seniors. The team was made up of 3 seniors(all starters), 2 juniors(1 starter), 13 sophmores(6 starters), 5 freshman(1 starter). Those freshman that saw limited play are offensive players. Even with limited playing time the freshman class managed to score alot of goals maybe 20 goals amongst them while playing only 30% of the minutes during some games and in many cases not even seeing the field. In fact none of them played at all in the Viking Cup.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Eastside graduated 3 seniors (2 starters).

brace
OP Offline
brace
I did notice that when FM played them they had a lot of underclassmen starting, but they were so tall as a team it seemed like they were an older group. They had an excellent keeper who was an underclassmen too I think.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Academic Magnet had two seniors graduate, but neither were starters.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

I did notice that when FM played them they had a lot of underclassmen starting, but they were so tall as a team it seemed like they were an older group. They had an excellent keeper who was an underclassmen too I think.

4 juniors (3 starters) returning. they started 6 frosh/sophomores. keeper was a sophomore. height came from volleyball team (underclassmen).

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Of the Riverside 8, 5 started basically all season, 1 who did not, was injured all season (she would have started).
Riverside JV went undefeated, younger players played very well, a few more coming in next season. Riverside should remain a strong team.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Interesting to see who will dethrone Wando next year, looks like Riverside will lose some numbers but you cant underestimate them or any of the powerhouses in the upstate, although i did hear Wando and Magnet have a good group coming next year.I guess we will all wait and see

corner kick
corner kick
Wando should have several of the 96 Girls moving up to high school this next year and they all should be good enough to challenge for at least a spot on varsity if there's room. They'll be ones to watch during their high school careers.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
G
kick off
kick off
G
Are they good enough to compete for a spot on a defending championship team?I think so...the 96 girls have the whole package.Great core of girls who have been playing together for awhile, will only benefit the wando squad with their additions

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard