Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Pretty good gig at CCES, a required trip to Disney World.

Where do we apply?

C
bench
bench
C
if that is true then why did he leave the girls this time?

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

This is ridiculous slamming Russell for this. First off, He has another job at Christ Church Episcopal School that requires him to go on an 8th grade field trip every year at this time. He's gone for the last ten years.
Secondly, He's missed the opening round of State Cup of the '94 Boys for the last 2 years. This year he was in Raleigh with his girls at an ECNL event rather than coaching State Cup.
Instead of bashing a great coach, how about we celebrate the accomplishments of a group of kids from South Carolina who are going to represent South Carolina at Nationals.

If the guy is missing so many important games for his teams, to coach his other teams, he is coaching too many teams. These parents pay too much money to get short-changed in important events and the players deserve to have their coach.

Maybe he chooses to coaach many teams to pad his pocket or maybe the Club is making him do it.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Cajunkid,
My guess is that you would apply at CCES.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Cajunkid,
My guess is that you would apply at CCES.

Duhhhhhhh, ya think???????????

M
bench
bench
M
Is this not the same age group that had huge numbers defect, many long time premier players included, from the club starting in prior years under Shelly's watch? I wonder why if RS is such a swell guy/coach? The CESA apologist will get on here and once again slam those disgruntled and disloyal parents from that age group and try to give the impression that they are the exception, but there seems to be more controversy than most with this group and the common thread is RS.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
The '92 group did have a large exit last year, but controversy associated with the '92 group began long before RS became the coach. If he were not as respected by and cared for by the 12 that went to Regionals there would not have been the pre-game objection to his not coaching what became the team's last game.

By the end of group play this group of 12 had achieved as much success at Regionals as any CESA girls team ('90-'95) had achieved for at least the last 4 years. My thought is that he should have been with '92 team, even though I know he was between a rock and a hard place. However, that doesn't mean I don't respect what RS did for the team and my daughter over the last 4 years. I doubt my daughter would have gotten the opportunity to return to the team had RS not taken it over.

As for the departure of players from previous Premier and Challenge teams, let's say I fully understand the sentiment of those players and parents. That said, I believe the players added to this year's roster proved they were quite capable of filling those vacated positions, and further that those players proved they could/should have been on the roster all along. Any other absences of players from Regionals, in my opinion, seemed to serve more as incentive to the 12 that attended. While there, the 12 were more focused on competing and winning than complaining about the players that didn't finish the run.

As for "defections" in general, I heard that after 3 players sustained injuries the u-16's played their last game with only 11. I may be corrected by someone closer to that team, but my understanding is they only took 14 because 4 players left the team after State Cup. There may a common thread associated with "defections" to be discussed elsewhere, but I don't think the common thread is RS.

(edit... the last paragraph refers to the u-16 girls not boys.)

Last edited by DeltaDog; 06/29/11 09:50 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
RS has coached this team for 4 years. So, someone(s) has to be responsible for the defections with this group.

Probably can't point the finger just at him, but he is the Head Coach...

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
"As for "defections" in general, I heard that after 3 players sustained injuries the u-16's played their last game with only 11. I may be corrected by someone closer to that team, but my understanding is they only took 14 because 4 players left the team after State Cup. There may a common thread associated with "defections" to be discussed elsewhere, but I don't think the common thread is RS." quoted from Delta Dog

Are the U16 girls coached by AH? And 4 players left after State Cup??? Bet that went over well. What is the story?

Brace
Brace
From SCYSA:

SC Youth Soccer, CESA 94 Boys Premier – US Youth Soccer 2011 Region III Champion

June 22, 2011

CESA U-16B Southern Regional Champion
Congratulations to Coach Russell Shelley and the CESA U-16 Boys for winning the USYS-prestigious Southern Regional U-16 Boys Soccer Championship at Murfreesboro, Tennessee. How they did it: In their first three games, CESA 94 Premier tied 94 HFC Red (NC)(SC) 0-0, tied BRSC/CSC Alliance (LA)(SC) 0-0, defeated FT. Smith Express’95 Boys (AR)(SC) 1-0. And in the quarter finals, CESA 94 Boys premier defeated HC United Red (FL)(PLE 1) 1-0, in the semi finals CESA 94 Boys Premier defeated AHFC 95B (TX-S)(SC) 1-0 and in the final game, CESA 94 Premier defeated Gulf Coast United Dynamo U-16 Boy Blue from (Mississippi)(SC) 2-0. Nicky Watson’s thirty-sixth minute goal gave CESA the half-time lead. Having given up only one goal all tournament; CESA continued its impressive defensive form, and Watson added another goal in the eightieth minute to seal the 2-0 victory. Among the top ten (10) goals scorer are Nicholas Watson who lead the group with 4 goals while Austin Burnikel finished with 2 goals. The Most Valuable player award went to goalkeeper Tanner Eggers. Good Luck at the US National Championship July 26-31, 2011.

South Carolina Youth Soccer Association CONGRATULATES all the team who competed at the Southern Region III soccer championship in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard