Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Isn't this a pretty common thing for u18's and graduated seniors? The u18 Academy team for my sons Academy club has had practices in the last couple of weeks where 4-5 kids showed up. I have friends whose daughters played on Charlotte teams that were yearly State Cup winners and regional participants...and at u18 they went to regions with 10 kids or 11 kids.

I don't think there is anything unique about the 92 CESA girls situation. It happens. Instead of people/parents showing up desperate to win....how about you take it as one last chance to enjoy each others company before moving on to college?

Life is never a walk in the park, or at least not for long. Usually there are conflicts and being able to manage those conflicts is what life is about. And part of managing conflict is understanding that you don't always get your own way.

Lets be honest here. The 92 girls have always been a good solid regional team....but the 94 boys have always been an outstanding regional team with chances to compete at a national level. The 92 girls are done. The 94 boys still have a couple of years. The 94 boys have a punchers shot at making a run at nationals. The 92 girls, with or without RS, have never ever given any indication that they could compete at that level.

When forced into a no win choice, I don't see how anyone could reasonably argue that the coach and the club made the only choice that made sense. Doesn't have anything to do with soaking more money out of folks.

I think what the 92 girls accomplished was remarkable and they should remember this for a long time, given their short roster. Don't ruin things.......by fixating on choices forced on people. RS loses either way, right? I doubt he was happy having to choose and I doubt he was happy with how things worked out for the girls. Just let it go and relax folks.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
It's really quite simple-

"What goes around, comes around".

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
Quote:

Posting that rant at 4:02 am??? Edited at 4:59 am??? Talking about this 10 years from now???

yep, 4:02 and 4:59. after finishing remote third shift programming on my customers' systems. nope, wouldn't even be talking about it now if you didn't keep coming back asking about it. Why would anyone ever want to get Russell fired? His score this year against PV was 1-3, not 0-8. What do you think the team was trying to avoid?

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Isn't this a pretty common thing for u18's and graduated seniors? The u18 Academy team for my sons Academy club has had practices in the last couple of weeks where 4-5 kids showed up. I have friends whose daughters played on Charlotte teams that were yearly State Cup winners and regional participants...and at u18 they went to regions with 10 kids or 11 kids.

I don't think there is anything unique about the 92 CESA girls situation. It happens. Instead of people/parents showing up desperate to win....how about you take it as one last chance to enjoy each others company before moving on to college?

Life is never a walk in the park, or at least not for long. Usually there are conflicts and being able to manage those conflicts is what life is about. And part of managing conflict is understanding that you don't always get your own way.

Lets be honest here. The 92 girls have always been a good solid regional team....but the 94 boys have always been an outstanding regional team with chances to compete at a national level. The 92 girls are done. The 94 boys still have a couple of years. The 94 boys have a punchers shot at making a run at nationals. The 92 girls, with or without RS, have never ever given any indication that they could compete at that level.

When forced into a no win choice, I don't see how anyone could reasonably argue that the coach and the club made the only choice that made sense. Doesn't have anything to do with soaking more money out of folks.

I think what the 92 girls accomplished was remarkable and they should remember this for a long time, given their short roster. Don't ruin things.......by fixating on choices forced on people. RS loses either way, right? I doubt he was happy having to choose and I doubt he was happy with how things worked out for the girls. Just let it go and relax folks.

You read my mind. Scary.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

Just let it go and relax folks.

No NO NO don't let it go. I have wore my blackberry out trying to read this post the last couple of days. I even stayed up past my bed time. You CESA parents kill me.

Running with the big dogs
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Dog, didn't Shelley use to take a vacation every year the week prior to State Cup? The most important week of practice, he is off on vacation.

2 out of 3 of these years the 92's lost the State Cup.

What kind of committment is that?

U
bench
bench
U
This is ridiculous slamming Russell for this. First off, He has another job at Christ Church Episcopal School that requires him to go on an 8th grade field trip every year at this time. He's gone for the last ten years.
Secondly, He's missed the opening round of State Cup of the '94 Boys for the last 2 years. This year he was in Raleigh with his girls at an ECNL event rather than coaching State Cup.
Instead of bashing a great coach, how about we celebrate the accomplishments of a group of kids from South Carolina who are going to represent South Carolina at Nationals.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
Cajunkid, Shelley's had the '92 team 4 years and they've won state cup the last 2 years. I don't recall him taking a vacation around that time, but sometime around there maybe Thanksgiving or before Christmas he has an annual trip to Florida he has to take with his students from Christ Church. The first 2 years he had the '92 girls his '94 boys were at the Thanksgiving installment of Disney Tournament.

The school trip may have been what you're referring to, but if so that was part of his job at CCES not a vacation. At least that was my understanding. As far as the cup losses go, except for the year AH played up and knocked the '92 team out of their possible first trip to Regionals and one year that SCUFC made finals, from u-11 thru u-18 the '92 group at cup was always a heated almost coin-flip battle between '92 Bridge and '92 CESA.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
Quote:

He's missed the opening round of State Cup of the '94 Boys for the last 2 years. This year he was in Raleigh with his girls at an ECNL event rather than coaching State Cup.

MT4ME, I stand corrected. Apparently there was a conflict earlier this year between the 2 premier teams.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
I stand corrected, my apologies to Mr. Shelley.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard