Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
He (DeltaDog) is referring to the fact that even though the 92s won 2 games in group play (which the SC 92 girls have never done before whether it was Bridge or CESA) and even though they played 4 extremely difficult games 4 days in a row, even though they had players who were starters all year decide not to make the trip at all; they should have accomplished more. He thinks that RS should have let someone who has never coached the 94 boys take their quarterfinal game so that he could coach the 92s instead of letting 2 coaches who coached the 92s to a 1-0 victory in their second game take the girl's quarterfinal. RS was in a no win situation due to having two teams of his own advance to the quarterfinals in regionals. (not an easy feat) DeltaDog's daughter's team was completely out of gas and got beat bad by the R3PLE winners who went on to win the semifinal 4-0 and lost in the final by a goal.

Instead of focusing on how well they did the first 3 days, it seems he would rather dwell on the 1 awful day and blame RS, or the other 2 coaches, or the people that scheduled the 16 boys and 18 girls in the same time slot, or the club, or probably AH. I had the pleasure of watching the 92s on the first two days of the tournament upset two good teams when everybody thought they would be 3 losses and out. I'd probably choose to focus on that if my daughter were on the team. But, to each his own.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
stated club policy per pearse tormey every time asked over 8 years... older team takes priority. period. all else that you've said is irrelevant. they played beautifully for three days before deserted. btw, an r3ple victory over r3plc or last place r3plw team isn't in most circles considered an upset. fortunately, the team entered the tournament recognizing the the draw. apparently you, too, didn't know enough about this team to be associated with it if you thought they were going 3 losses and out. all of which is irrelavent... older team takes priority.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
You know, in thinking about this more, I'm not sure I offered a good enough explaination to gbdawgs. I think the reason is that I don't really know what DeltaDog is implying. Is it that RS doesn't support the 92 girls? Is it that he thinks the 92s could have/should have acheived more? Is it that if RS had coached the quarterfinal for the girls, they would have won? I would have to respectfully disagree with any of those claims.

To begin with, anyone that knows RS would say that he cares tremendously about those girls.

Regarding this year's 92s acheiving more, I'm looking at last year's 92s in comparison to this team. This year's team lost very good players such as GB, AT, HA, KS and the girl from Charleston that is playing for High Point University and KH who was lost due to injury. They also came to regionals after two starters quit, leaving their teammates with 3 tough games and only 12 players. Last year's team lost all 3 games in regionals. This year's team beat the TN state champions, then beat the OK state champions and won their group. Two girls that were on the challenge team last year accounted for the 3 goals. One of the victories was coached by RS, and one was not. I'm not sure what else DD was expecting them to accomplish with or without RS.

Finally, I think RS is obviously a very good coach. However, if I had gotten to watch all 4 games the 92s played this week, I would probably be on this forum singing the praises of kids like Alyssa Althoff, Ali Simpson, Casey Black, Mary Katherine Macklen and all of the other players that have worked so hard and shown such loyalty over several years. I'd also be singing the praises of the newer players who stuck it out through a long difficult year and accomplished what others couldn't/didn't. They all showed a huge amount of heart and character this week.

But again, to each his own.

Patriot, no need to say 'ouch' here.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

they played beautifully for three days before deserted.

So, were they or were they not deserted on the second day when RS didn't coach them? What's the difference in day 2 and day 4? You didn't come on here and take shots at RS after the second game. Why not?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
By the way, saying they were deserted may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on here. And that's quite an accomplishment. Well done!

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Sad. Hijaking a congrats to the CESA 94 boys with more bitterness.

And in a year when the 92 Girls did better than in any other year in their history. Congrats to the girls. Shame on DeltaDog.

Sad.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Agreed JAK. I'd much rather focus on the 94 boys wonderful accomplishment. I'd also give a shout out to the 93 boys who fought to the semifinals and were unfortunate that their work wasn't rewarded with a little more. The 95 boys had a great week advancing. The 92 girls were one of the last 8 teams in the southeast in this event. The 93 girls beat eventual finalists, TN, to advance out of their group before being knocked out. The 3 teams that didn't advance all had good results as well this week. I'll even congratulate the non-CESA U-14 SCUMP girls for advancing as well. Everyone knows how difficult it is to advance out of your group at regionals. Very good teams have had extreme difficulty doing it in the past regardless of what their draw was.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
What they may have achieved was the opportunity to maintain the respect earned over 4 years of a longtime opponent in their last game of youth soccer. Obviously, all you think there is to achieve in a game is a winning score. Again, all irrelevant. I realize you may be slow in understanding, so let me see if I can break it down for you. Russ Shelley has (excuse me had) 2 premier teams. One team is u-16 (that would be the younger team), and one team is u-18 (that would be the older team). The club policy per the DOC is... older team takes priority. Ok, this may be where you're getting lost. That means the u-18 team (remember... the older team) will be coached by Russ Shelley if there is a schedule conflict... club policy, period. What ever problems are created by that schedule conflict, they are not the problems of the older team. Russ Shelley has been a wonderful coach for the '92 girls, but his absence from their last game (actually absent from the team's 2nd game as well) was flat wrong any way you look at it.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
First of all, most of the girls that were there this week haven't faced Ponte Vedra over the last 4 years. Most of those girls saw them for the first time this year.

Second, is that really what you're worried about? Whether some kid in Florida respects your daughter as a soccer player? Wow! Since you seem to be a little slow in your understanding of human nature, let me break it down for you. The Ponte Vedra girls aren't thinking one bit about whether or not they respect your daughter. They've moved on and have other things to think about. I know, you'll tell me that she met a couple at region ODP camp and they're lifelong friends. That being the case, they'll still respect her. Or maybe they're awful friends.

Third, you've demonstrated on here that you know the ins and outs of CESA policy, SC high school rules, ODP procedures, and all else. So, I'll take you at your word that this is stated CESA policy. I'll also suggest that any organization that doesn't leave room for common sense to alter policy, probably isn't very forward thinking or big-picture oriented or customer service guided. I'm sorry the alteration of policy didn't suit you. I'd venture to say that it suited the U-16 team and I'd also venture to say that there are others on the U-18 team that saw the sense in it.

Finally, the statement that his absence was "flat wrong any way you look at it" is completely inaccurate. The way I look at it, it made a lot of sense given the circumstances. Even if it didn't please you. Ask yourself this question, if the U-18s had lost 4-0 like the South Texas Champs Lonestar did in the semifinal and your daughter maintained the respect of the Ponte Vedra players, would Russ' absence still been "flat wrong"? Since we didn't hear about it after the second day and are only hearing about it now, I'll bet not.

I
throw in
throw in
I
Quote:

You know, in thinking about this more, I'm not sure I offered a good enough explaination to gbdawgs. I think the reason is that I don't really know what DeltaDog is implying. Is it that RS doesn't support the 92 girls? Is it that he thinks the 92s could have/should have acheived more? Is it that if RS had coached the quarterfinal for the girls, they would have won? I would have to respectfully disagree with any of those claims.

To begin with, anyone that knows RS would say that he cares tremendously about those girls.

Regarding this year's 92s acheiving more, I'm looking at last year's 92s in comparison to this team. This year's team lost very good players such as GB, AT, HA, KS and the girl from Charleston that is playing for High Point University and KH who was lost due to injury. They also came to regionals after two starters quit, leaving their teammates with 3 tough games and only 12 players. Last year's team lost all 3 games in regionals. This year's team beat the TN state champions, then beat the OK state champions and won their group. Two girls that were on the challenge team last year accounted for the 3 goals. One of the victories was coached by RS, and one was not. I'm not sure what else DD was expecting them to accomplish with or without RS.

Finally, I think RS is obviously a very good coach. However, if I had gotten to watch all 4 games the 92s played this week, I would probably be on this forum singing the praises of kids like Alyssa Althoff, Ali Simpson, Casey Black, Mary Katherine Macklen and all of the other players that have worked so hard and shown such loyalty over several years. I'd also be singing the praises of the newer players who stuck it out through a long difficult year and accomplished what others couldn't/didn't. They all showed a huge amount of heart and character this week.

But again, to each his own.

Patriot, no need to say 'ouch' here.

Harry,
I know one thing the 92's have never been humiliated 8-0 by anyone before Monday. As a matter of fact those old players you mentioned have one win and one tie against PV in there two prior matches. The outcome on Monday would have been the same with or without RS coaching the team. Shame on the players and parents who bailed out on the team before Regionals you folks are losers.

"Duh,WINNING."
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard