Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
Quote:

First of all, most of the girls that were there this week haven't faced Ponte Vedra over the last 4 years. Most of those girls saw them for the first time this year.

Yes, Brayden Miller who scored two goals in this her first Regionals scored her first R3PLE goal against Ponte Vedra last August in her first year with our team, but for most of the starting field players this week this was not their first year. Again, you really don't know this team that well, do you.
Quote:

Second, is that really what you're worried about? Whether some kid in Florida respects your daughter as a soccer player?

well, we now know you obviously have no interest in whether anyone outside SC respects our players, but the players do and work very hard to gain that respect. Perhaps you should get to know them a little better.
Quote:

Wow! Since you seem to be a little slow in your understanding of human nature, let me break it down for you. The Ponte Vedra girls aren't thinking one bit about whether or not they respect your daughter. They've moved on and have other things to think about. I know, you'll tell me that she met a couple at region ODP camp and they're lifelong friends. That being the case, they'll still respect her. Or maybe they're awful friends.

Nope, no previous friendships, she just had to spend later that evening amongst them at Florida's hotel with her sister, who had an opportunity to play with a Florida u-19 team based on the respect the team and coach had for her after playing against her at last year's Regionals.
Quote:

Third, you've demonstrated on here that you know the ins and outs of CESA policy, SC high school rules, ODP procedures, and all else. So, I'll take you at your word that this is stated CESA policy.

Don't take my word for it, ask Pearse how he's not only answered that question every time asked but enforced it, all the way back to one of the team's player's first state cup finals at u-11 that was lost in pk's with a substitute coach. "Older team takes priority." Or, ask Carlos O. who several years later left his u-17 '90 girls to coach his u-18 boys at state cup, because "Older team...".
Quote:

I'll also suggest that any organization that doesn't leave room for common sense to alter policy, probably isn't very forward thinking or big-picture oriented or customer service guided.

Translation: Forget the policies we told you, we make them up as we go along based on our best interests at the time not your daughters'. Wait a minute, "customer service guided"? The u-18's aren't customers? Sorry, I forgot... not after that game was over.
Quote:

I'm sorry the alteration of policy didn't suit you. I'd venture to say that it suited the U-16 team

I'm sure, and I have no hard feelings or animosity toward them for the decision that was made.
Quote:

and I'd also venture to say that there are others on the U-18 team that saw the sense in it.

Before the second game the coach told the team what precarious shape the boys were in with only one point compared to the girls and in such need of his help, and they obliged. However, before the fourth game the entire team went as a group to the coach telling him they needed him at the Ponte Vedra game. Their earlier consideration was not returned. When I heard about it, the coach received a text from me briefly expressing my view before the game. He had also received at least one call I know of from another parent at the hotel expressing dissatisfaction with the decision being made after the team met with him. General consensus found amongst the parents at the game.
Quote:

Finally, the statement that his absence was "flat wrong any way you look at it" is completely inaccurate. The way I look at it, it made a lot of sense given the circumstances. Even if it didn't please you.

"given the circumstances"? What, that according to you the club had underestimated the strength of the team and had so little faith in them they were written off as going 0-3 before they even got to the opening ceremonies? Or, that their unexpected success just didn't fit in the club's plans to support the younger team?
Quote:

Ask yourself this question, if the U-18s had lost 4-0 like the South Texas Champs Lonestar did in the semifinal and your daughter maintained the respect of the Ponte Vedra players, would Russ' absence still been "flat wrong"? Since we didn't hear about it after the second day and are only hearing about it now, I'll bet not.

You'd lose that bet. Shelley is an excellent coach who is loved by the u-18 team. They came to compete for him, with him, but he wasn't at the game that they needed him most. Would his presence have made a difference in the team's performance in what could be it's last club game of youth soccer? Absolutely.

Very near the end of the game I was speaking with one of the parents from Ponte Vedra and noticed the coach had finally arrived (already 8-0). I pointed out the coach's arrival to the PV parent who was stunned. He couldn't believe any club would put a team on the field to play PV without its head coach, especially a R3PLE team that knows what PV will bring.

"Shame on DeltaDog"? No, shame on CESA for having so little faith in such a wonderfully competitive team of 12 players.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
[ the same with or without RS coaching the team. Shame on the players and parents who bailed out on the team before Regionals you folks are losers.

Ouch

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
1) Stanton, not on team last year. Patti, not on team last year. Fragnito, not on team last year. Sharpe, not on team last year. Stevenson, not on team last year. Lancaster, arrived last year. Miller, not on team last year. Let's not act like most of the players have a 4 year history with PV.

2) Your older daughter would have been invited to play for almost any U-19 team this year. Not becuase she played against them in previous regionals, but because they've done research to know that she started for Furman as a freshman. Thanks in very large part to the club that you speak poorly of every chance you get.

3) Yes the 18s are customers. So are the 16s. The special circumstance is that the 18s had coaches there that knew the girls very well and coached them to victory two days earlier. I'll translate "general consensus" for you: everybody you talked to which is not everyone on the team because it wouldn't suit your argument to mention the people that were flexible, understanding, and not bitter enough with the club to pounce on any opportunity that presents itself to push their own agenda.

4) If these kids can only perform when Russell is there, or couldn't give everything they had in a regional semifinal because he wasn't there; then something is wrong. I don't know these girls as well as you, and I don't think there is anyone that knows as much about anything as you do. Still, from what I know of Casey Black, Alyssa Althoff, Ali Simpson and the others; I'll bet they played as hard as they could. I'll bet they always play as hard as they can no matter who is there. I still think the bigger issue is that they brought 12 players for a 4 day event against 4 state champions, playing one of the better 4-5 teams in the country on day 4. It was just too much for them. I think you do them a bid disservice suggesting that they only go as far as their coach takes them. Are you suggesting that these kids will be in big trouble in college if they don't get the right professor? Will they not be able to play well in the Clash of Carolina's? Russell's not coaching there.

Finally, I'll echo JAK again and try to get this back to congratulating all of the players at regionals on their hard work and very good play. Please start another "I hate CESA thread" to discuss this further.

Brace
Brace
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (June 22, 2011) – Celebrations and emotions were on display Wednesday as 12 teams claimed the US Youth Soccer Region III Championship. Each team not only was crowned Regional champion, but also earned a berth to the US Youth Soccer National Championships July 26-31 at Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix, Ariz.

North Texas dominated again today. Six of the 12 teams advancing to the US Youth Soccer National Championships are from North Texas. Three of those teams are part of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club. Georgia and Florida are each sending two teams to the US Youth Soccer National Championships and Oklahoma and South Carolina are sending one each.

The U-14 girls Region III championship was won by Sting (TX-N) for the second straight year. Following in the footsteps of two strong teams within the club, Sting 97 faced fellow Texas team Lonestar Red (TX-S). A Lonestar own goal in the thirteenth minute started the scoring for the Sting. Blair Thorpe and Nicole Smith each scored to help Sting continue the tradition of winning and earn a berth in the National Championships by beating Lonestar 3-0.

Defending regional champion Sting 96 (TX-N) successfully repeated as champions with a 1-0 victory over home town rival D’Feeters (TX-N). The two Dallas-based teams traveled to Tennessee to face off in the title game. The score remained at zeros until the last minute of regulation when Sting’s Sydney Kingston slotted one past the keeper and sent her team to Phoenix. Sting will be looking to avenge its loss in the 2010 National Championship Final.

In a preview of a potential matchup at the national championships, Hurricane FC (OK) beat Sting 95 (TX-N) 1-0. Hurricane Jasmine Pascoe chipped one over the keeper’s head sixty-eight minutes in to put her team on the board. Hurricane had already qualified for the National Championships by winning the National League, but today claimed the Region 3 Championship as well. As runner-up, Sting 95 will represent Region III in Phoenix.

U17 NASA Elite (GA) knows what it’s like to play on the National stage, having played last year at the National championships as a National League qualifier. This year, they will compete as Region III Champions as they overcame the Tennessee hometown team Brentwood 94 Girl Premier (TN) and the hometown crowd that came out to support the team. During a scoreless first 80 minutes, both teams created dangerous scoring chances. NASA Elite keeper Alyse Scott came up big in goal for her team, keeping a clean sheet the entire 90 minutes. A Brentwood own goal in the eightieth-minute goal was all the Georgia team needed to book a trip back to National Championships.

Two Florida teams met on the field today in the U-18 Girls final as Ponte Vedra Storm (FL) looked to return to the national stage by facing familiar foe Team Boca (FL). Ponte Vedra struck first as Havana Solaun scored her seventh goal of the tournament to give her team the 1-0 lead in the thirtieth minute. That lead held for an hour, but in the last minute of regulation, tournament MVP Tatiana Coleman netted the equalizer for Team Boca. Just two minutes into overtime Natalie Punal scored the game winner and sent Team Boca to the National Championships.

After a 0-0 game through 90 minutes, the U-19 Girls final between Sting 92 )TX-N) and the Dallas Texans (TX-N) had plenty of drama in the extra time. Sting found the net first as Samantha Howell put her team in front in the ninety-fourth minute. Alyssa Diggs equalized for the Dallas Texans just two minutes later. Less than five minutes from the threat of a shootout, Amanda Frisbie’s individual effort and willingness to take on defenders in the final third resulted in the game winning goal. Dallas Texans beat Sting 2-1 to return to the National Championships.

The U-14 Boys final crowned champion Dallas Texans 97 Red (TX-N) as they beat LAFC Houstonians (TX-S) 3-0. The Texans won their sixth game in six days with a convincing second half of soccer. After a scoreless first 35 minutes, Ivan Alvarado opened the scoring with a fortieth-minute strike. Samuel Valadez added two more late goals, his sixth and seventh of the tournament, to give the Texans the 3-0 victory.

After winning a penalty shootout to advance to the finals today, Solar Chelsea 96 (TX-N) needed more late heroics to beat GSA 96 Phoenix (GA). GSA took the early lead off an eleventh- minute strike by Joseph Sandres. Alan Winn scored for GSA in the fifty-fourth to draw level. In the last minute of play, Winn found some space at the top of the box and unleashed a shot that found the upper 90 and the back of the net. The strike proved the game and championship winner as Solar beat GSA 2-1.

CESA 94 Premier (SC) started out the week in Murfreesboro with two draws. After a team meeting, CESA rallied four straight wins, the final coming today as they beat Gulf Coast United Dynamo (MS). Nicky Watson’s thirty-sixth minute goal gave CESA the half-time lead. Having given up only one goal all tournament, CESA continued its impressive defensive form, and Watson added another goal in the eightieth minute to seal the 2-0 victory.

The U-17 Boys final pitted Florida Rush Nike (FL) against National League Champion, Tulsa Soccer Club (OK). Despite the outcome, both teams would advance to Phoenix, as Tulsa had punched its ticket via the National league. Florida Rush coach Nate Omodt kept this detail from his team to motivate them to advance to Nationals as regional champions. His plan worked, as Florida Rush beat TSC 2-1. Jean Rivaroli, the tournaments leading scorer with seven goals, found the net in the fifth minute for Rush. TSC battled back, and leveled in the forty-eighth. Adam Tran struck gold for Florida Rush when his ninetieth-minute strike found the back of the net, giving Rush the 2-1 victory.

Defending National Champion Alpharetta Ambush (GA) played all week with a target on its back. Every team played its best game against the Ambush, and finals day opponent Tulsa Soccer Club (OK) was certainly up to the challenge. After TSC gave up three goals in the first 15 minutes, Juan Peralta pulled one back when he scored in the thirty-fourth minute. Sean Kelley scored for Ambush five minutes later and the Georgia team took a 4-1 lead into halftime. The teams traded goals in the first 15 minutes of the second half to give Ambush the 5-2 lead. TSC showed great character and fought back, scoring three unanswered goals by Milton Leopoldo, Omar Mata and Joshua Fuhrman to force overtime. The extra time belonged to the defending champs, as Jeffrey Degen added a goal to Karl Chesters’ overtime hat trick to complete the 9-5 victory for Ambush.

Cobb FC 92 Premier (GA) scored in the waning moments of the first half to take a 1-0 lead over the Dallas Texans 92 (TX-N) into the half. In the sixty-seventh minute, Brett Helm leveled the score. The teams battled back and forth until Ryan Ritter netted the game and tournament winning goal in the ninetieth minute. The Dallas Texans became the sixth North Texas team on the day to win a Region 3 Championship.

2011 US Youth Soccer Region III Championship Scores:

U-14 GIRLS
REP HOME SCORE REP AWAY SCORE
PLW1 Lonestar 97G Red 0 TX-N Sting 97 3
Goal Scorers: Sting - Blair Thorpe (36:00), Nicole Smith (59:00)
U-14 BOYS
TX-N Dallas Texans 97 Boys Red Dallas 3 PLW2 LAFC Houstonians 97 0
Goal Scorers: Dallas Texans - Ivan Alvarado (40:00), Samuel Valadez (62:00), Samuel Valadez (70:00)
U-15 GIRLS
TX-N Sting 96 1 PLW1 D'Feeters '96 0
Goal Scorers: Sting - Sydney Kingston (80:00)
U-15 BOYS
GA GSA 96 Phoenix Red 1 PLW1 Solar Chelsea 96 Boys 2
Goal Scorers: GSA - Joseph Sandres (11:00); Solar Chelsea - Alan Winn (54:00), Alan Winn (80:00)
U-16 GIRLS
OK Hurricane FC 95 Shubert 1 TX-N Sting 95 0
Goal Scorers: Hurricane - Jasmine Pascoe (68:00)
U-16 BOYS
SC CESA 94 Premier 2 MS GCU Dynamo U16 Boys Blue 0
Goal Scorers: CESA - Nicholas Watson (36:00), Nicholas Watson (80:00)
U-17 GIRLS
TN Brentwood 94 Girl Premier 0 PLE1 NASA 12 Elite II 1
Goal Scorers: Brentwood - Own Goal
U-17 BOYS
FL Florida Rush Nike 2 OK TSC 94 Black 1
Goal Scorers: Rush - Jean Rivaroli (5:00), Adam Tran (90:00); TSC - Anesuishe Raranje (48:00)
U-18 GIRLS
FL Ponte Vedra Storm 1 PLE1 Team Boca 2
Goal Scorers: Ponte Vedra - Havana Solaun (30:00); Team Boca - Tatiana Coleman (90:00), Natalie Punal (92:00)
U-18 BOYS
OK TSC 93 Red 5 GA Alpharetta Ambush 93 Red 9
Goal Scorers: TSC - Juan Peralta (34:00), Max Moller (53:00), Milton Leopoldo (78:00), Omar Mata (90:00), Joshua Fuhrman (90:00); Ambush - Cory Plasker (10:00), Eric Carrion (14:00), (16:00), Sean Kelly (39:00), (57:00), Karl Chester (95:00), (116:00), (118:00), Jeffrey Degen (119:00)
U-19 GIRLS
TX-N Sting 92G 1 TX-N Dallas Texans 92 Girls Red Dallas 2
Goal Scorers: Sting - Samantha Howell (94:00); Dallas Texans - Alyssa Diggs (96:00), Amanda Frisbie (116:00)
U-19 BOYS
TX-N DallasTexans 92 - Dallas 2 GA Cobb FC 92 Premier 1
Goal Scorers: Dallas Texans - Brett Helm (67:00), Ryan Ritter (90:00); Cobb FC - Victor Duru (45:00)

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quite obviously Russell Shelly was not there, but who was?

H
brace
brace
H
Can someone tell me how the weather was in Tenn?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Ahh, a pleasant topic. The weather in Tennessee was wonderful! While there were storms here and there the temperature stayed in the mid to high 80's for most of the week. We did see one day of high 90's but who's complaining. The Texans thought they had died and gone to heaven as one parent commented that the temperature back home had reached 105 degrees.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Easy fix! A club of that size has enough $$$ to hire enough coaches to cover each team. 1 team - 1 coach, then you wouldn't have this problem. This isn't an RS problem, this is a club to cheap to offer full service.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Ahh, a pleasant topic. The weather in Tennessee was wonderful! While there were storms here and there the temperature stayed in the mid to high 80's for most of the week. We did see one day of high 90's but who's complaining. The Texans thought they had died and gone to heaven as one parent commented that the temperature back home had reached 105 degrees.

Did anyone ride over to see Elvis!

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Easy fix! A club of that size has enough $$$ to hire enough coaches to cover each team. 1 team - 1 coach, then you wouldn't have this problem. This isn't an RS problem, this is a club to cheap to offer full service.

They've got the money. Just check out guidestar.com

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard