Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can someone tell me how the weather was in Tenn?

Ahh, a pleasant topic. The weather in Tennessee was wonderful! While there were storms here and there the temperature stayed in the mid to high 80's for most of the week. We did see one day of high 90's but who's complaining. The Texans thought they had died and gone to heaven as one parent commented that the temperature back home had reached 105 degrees.

Did anyone ride over to see Elvis!

Our team did, and we have pictures with him.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Easy fix! A club of that size has enough $$$ to hire enough coaches to cover each team. 1 team - 1 coach, then you wouldn't have this problem. This isn't an RS problem, this is a club to cheap to offer full service.

There were plenty of coaches at all the game. It sounds like a parent didn't get the coach that HE wanted. The games were well supported by CESA and SCYSA staff.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Easy fix! A club of that size has enough $$$ to hire enough coaches to cover each team. 1 team - 1 coach, then you wouldn't have this problem. This isn't an RS problem, this is a club to cheap to offer full service.

Seems to me that a lot of coaches have more than one team, regardless of the club. I don't see that club $$$ would make much difference since they have to pay a coach for each team regardless of whether that coach is coaching one or more teams. It would also seem to me that having a coach for more than one team would actually reduce the cost to the parents, since travel costs for the coach could often be split between two teams.

I don't know RS, but it looks like he does a very good job coaching elite teams and producing results. Not all coaches are able to coach the top team, and certainly not able to produce like results. So, what's the club to do? Should they cut teams and players because they don't have enough coaches? Because I don't see how anyone thinks that there is this glut of coaches out there that isn't being tapped into. Seriously, one team/one coach? Just how is that really going to work?

Congratulations to all of the SC teams. You all deserve it. Good luck to Cesa 94. It's great to see SC represented in nationals!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Post deleted by Captain Hindsight

S
bench
bench
S
quote) So, I'll take you at your word that this is stated CESA policy. I'll also suggest that any organization that doesn't leave room for common sense to alter policy, probably isn't very forward thinking or big-picture oriented or customer service guided. I'm sorry the alteration of policy didn't suit you.(quote from Harry)

If you've dealt with CESA for any length of time, you will know they are subject to change their policies or rules at any time, to suit them however they need to. And without notice. And if you happen to question a rule change or policy or procedure or if you have been told by a Director-
"CESA never has or never will" do something (but they have already done it), you will be met with arrogance and obstinence. Not really very good customer service, in my humble opinion.

It's simply the CESA way.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

I think what they are saying is one coach for each premier team. Each age group has two to three teams from premier to classic. . A coach can't survive financially off one team but he can coach a classic , a challenge and a premier if the logistics works. Since CESA is the largest club in the state they are going to continually send several teams to regionals and will continue to face this problem.

I'm not sure that's what they were saying. What was said was, one coach/one team. I would ask you if you believe all coaches are equipped to coach all levels (I don't believe they are, nor do I believe all coaches want to coach the top team and do all that is expected and required of that coach). The clubs are going to choose coaches based on which ones they believe can bring success at all levels, with success at the top level being first priority. If they don't, having a conflict at Regionals is a moot point because the teams probably won't make it that far. Was this the first year RS had both of these teams? If not, has he done a good job coaching both up to this point? Did he have consistent conflicts throughout the year? If it wasn't a problem throughout the year, it's likely that up until that game most of the parents and players of both teams were happy he was the coach.

BTW, if I were a parent or player, I'd be at least as angry with the girls that decided not to come (and their parents). I don't know their circumstances, but the dates for Regionals are know at the time team commitments are made. If you are going to commit to any team you should be doing everything you can to be at the Regionals. The team did very well competing with 12 players, but how long can that be done when playing at this level?

There will be conflicts if a coach has more than one team, regardless of the level they are coaching. Maybe there will be no conflict at the Regionals, but there will be conflicts throughout the year. So, coaching at different levels doesn't make the conflicts disappear, although I would imagine many might be fine with the conflicts as long as they affect a lower team. The parents of the players on those teams might not feel the same. Personally, I would give credit to any coach who can coach a team and make it as far as both of these teams did. RS and the players did a great job and represented SC well. I understand there are upset parents. But, to take a thread where we should be celebrating the accomplishment of this team is a bit ridiculous. How about starting a new thread to discuss what should happen when a coach finds a conflict between teams and whether one coach/one team is even a possibility in the real world of club soccer.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
BTW, if I were a parent or player, I'd be at least as angry with the girls that decided not to come (and their parents). I don't know their circumstances, but the dates for Regionals are know at the time team commitments are made. If you are going to commit to any team you should be doing everything you can to be at the Regionals. The team did very well competing with 12 players, but how long can that be done when playing at this level? (quote from MT4ME)

I love how the "committment card" is always one sided. No, it is a 2-way street, or it should be.

If a coach is going to commit to a team, he/she needs to be there for his/her team. You people need to to stop blasting those that decided they had something else to do, just like RS decided he had something else to do when the 92 Girls had their most important game of their Club careers.

Would the outcome have been different, who knows? But if what DD says is true, RS should have been there!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The team didn't have enough players all year. They played with no subs last year at regionals. They didn't have enough players to finish the ECNL last year and struggled to put a competitive team on the field at all the tournaments this year.
They lost a lot of players over the past two years which can be contributed to their roster decisions starting four years ago. Choosing out of state players over local players and when they needed the local players this year they were gone.But thats a job for Captain Hindsight who was probably tied up with Senator Weiner.
Glad you can plan your life a year in advance MT4ME. And is easier to commit when you know what you are committing to.
Besides, as long is there is no forfeit, whats the diffence between a player missing a game and a coach missing a game.
Sure the parents mad everyone didn't show but that was par for the course all year.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
RS is not one of my favorites, however, Congratulations to both he and his 94 team. What a great accomplishment. And a nice article about them in today's Greenville News.

And, very classy comments by Coach Shelley.

Good luck in Phoenix.

D
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
D
Thanks, Harry, I had almost forgotten that Sharpe had 2 or more years R3PLE experience as well as previous Southern Regional experience.

Quote:

Still, from what I know of Casey Black, Alyssa Althoff, Ali Simpson and the others; I'll bet they played as hard as they could. I'll bet they always play as hard as they can no matter who is there.

Exactly, you can always count on those 12 to leave it all on the field, and I applauded their accomplishments as they happened in this thread just as I applauded others. But, I disagree that fatigue was the biggest problem they had on day 4. The damage on day 4 was done long before fatigue even had a chance to take affect (down 0-2 at 12-15 mins) and may have been avoided had Shelley been there to analyze play and make adjustments early on to a creative lineup of starting positions and formation. Unfortunately, he wasn't.

Contrary to what some here think are my intentions, it's the admiration I have for what the team accomplished in the first 3 days as well as Shelley's accomplishments with and care for the team throughout a difficult year and my trust, albeit misplaced, in a longstanding club policy that leads me and others associated with the team to believe they deserved greater support in the form of Shelley's presence on day 4.

MT4ME, there were no previous conflicts between the two premier teams this year that I can recall.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard