Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36
B
brace
brace
B
Score-a-Goal: With reference to your "within the 6" comment ... Where do you think most goals are scored?
Take a look at last year's Class AAAA state championship game. As I recall, two goals off headers in or around the 6 (Sieverding, Carlin); one off a keeper turnover in his own area (tap-in by Carlin); and one off a quick transition and break, with the finish from just inside the 18 (Jablonski).
Pretty typical, actually.
Heck, look at the 2012 PC championship game. Two goals: one (credited to Clark) that appeared to be bundled in due to confusion on the goal line; and the other (by Danna) on a shot from about 12-14 yards out, set up by Jablonski.
Heck, Irmo's entire modus operandi throughout the tournament was to create corner kicks and long throw-ins, then score from (shock of shocks!) within the 6.
Yes, there were some great strikes in the 2012 PC, mostly off FKs (a couple by CN's Jaramillo come to mind). But having seen about 12 games over 4 days, I'd say the vast majority came from within 12-15 yards, including many from "within the 6."
Doesn't mean you're right or wrong about the kid you mentioned. Just that the fundamental premise of your comments is flawed.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Christian Jablonski is a great player who is probably the most committed player I have ever coached. He gives 100% everyday in a match or practice. As of now I would nominate Christian for All-State no doubt. There are a lot of variables that go into who gets picked for all-tournament. I am privileged to work with Chrisitian and not much more than a year ago he was the one that sealed the State title for Wando with the 3rd goal.

Brace
Brace
Just so everyone is aware, the posts for the Palmetto Cup are updated when information is given to Kevin and Kyle. They edit the original post whenever possible so that they don't have to copy and paste a bunch of info over and over making an even longer thread. So as the coaches provide the Heises their All-Tournament picks, the same post is changed to reflect those selections. It no longer has 7 players. Page 32 is the correct reference. Cheers - Dave
Quote:

That list only has 7 players.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
The Palmetto Cup would like to thank the collegiate coaches in attendance this year.

Mark Berson, USC
Brian Cronin, Clemson
Geoff del Forn, USC Upstate
John Keating, Belmont-Abbey
Troy Lesesne, Charleston
Spencer Lewis, USC
Bert Molinary, USC
John Murphy, Clemson
Ike Ofoje, USC Aiken
Ralph Polson, Wofford
Warren Turner, Erskine

Brace
Brace
Well said, Phil, and well followed by Kevin's post. One of the pitfalls of having a message board available is that people can take advantage of the public nature of the forum. It is not intended to be used for personal attacks, but to promote (in this particular forum) boys high school soccer in this state. Irmo have often been a target as they have an incomparable history. Well done to Phil and his staff for making that so. I am proud to have known him and his assistants for over 20 years now. IMO, based on the changing Irmo demographic, Phil has done some of his finest coaching over the past 5-10 years. His record speaks for itself. And well done to the Heises for their efforts to promote soccer in this state (and the nation, frankly). They have done more with less better than just about any I know. While I left Lexington 2 some 15 years ago, I remain a staunch supporter of both the B-C program where I was on staff, and high school soccer in this state. It is an honor to continue providing sports information and do my little part with the SCHSSCA and NSCAA when time permits. It is a lot harder than one thinks. All the best for an outstanding finish to the season guys.
Quote:

Shilo and Dom...Thank you so much for those kind words!! It means a great deal to me coming from two people I truly respect!! You guys are 1st class, as are your programs, and I have so enjoyed all the great games we have been involved in over the years and look forward to all the future battles as well. I really wish people would use the message board to share ideas and give and receive information as it is intended and leave the team, coach and player bashing out. Most of the time the people who make character assassination type statements don't really even know the person or the circumstances they speak about and are just trying to stir up controversy. Anyway, thanks again and all the best moving forward!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Cardinal Newman and Dutch fork each have 2 players on the current academy team. Wando has atleast 10

J
Brace
Brace
J
Dave, good point with the Heises.....they do a lot with their kids there. You wouldnt think that demographically that BC would be as good as they are in soccer....but they have consistently had good teams year after year. You are correct with the demographics of Irmo also. When I graduated from there in 1992, our class size was approaching 1000 kids per class, and we had all the new subdivisions included in the school district. Now Dutch Fork took a lot of the new money, and the class sizes are down around 450 to 500 kids in a class. A lot smaller pool to pull talent from. What are the largest schools now in SC?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
S
kick off
kick off
S
DF 2012 class is like 420ish or lower now. They were at 480ish but there are half-years or dropouts. Dorman is really big and nice also..

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I think Wando is the largest with almost 900 students per class (3500 students)then Dorman,Lexington,Summerville, Sumter, Byrnes. Dutch Fork is 15th largest with just over 2000 students Irmo is 19th largest with almost 2000 students. Compared with Christ Church with 328 students and Bishop England with a little ovver 700.

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Quote:

Dave, good point with the Heises.....they do a lot with their kids there. You wouldnt think that demographically that BC would be as good as they are in soccer....but they have consistently had good teams year after year. You are correct with the demographics of Irmo also. When I graduated from there in 1992, our class size was approaching 1000 kids per class, and we had all the new subdivisions included in the school district. Now Dutch Fork took a lot of the new money, and the class sizes are down around 450 to 500 kids in a class. A lot smaller pool to pull talent from. What are the largest schools now in SC?

Irmo is the 19th largest high school in S.C.
135-day Enrollment 2012-14
2011 Poverty Index

2012 Palmetto Cup Participants (Poverty Index)
SCHSL MEMBERS: #3 Fort Mill (19.25); #9 Lexington (28.07); #10 Wando (28.38); #41 Irmo (50.87); #42 Northwestern (51.14); #81 Brookland-Cayce (62.24)
PRIVATE SCHOOLS: N/A Bishop England; N/A Cardinal Newman; N/A Christ Church

Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard