Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36
Brace
Brace
Owwwtch! Northwestern Senior defender Mohit Gupta is kicked below the shin inside the Irmo area and immediately falls to the ground in anguish. The trainers are quickly beckoned on by referee Dustin Thorne, and the mobile phone is immediately pulled out by the staff to request assistance. It does not look good for the Trojan, and play has been halted to handle the situation on 44 minutes.

Brace
Brace
GOAL!!! Irmo 5:1 Northwestern (44')

Gupta is taken away on a stretcher and then by ambulance after a 28 minute delay. Our thoughts are with him for a speedy recovery. As play resumes, Irmo strikes quickly and senior midfielder Lewis Teeple hits a sidewinder off the outside of his left foot. Northwestern goalkeeper Hamp Wright cannot handle it and the Yellow Jackets add to their tally.

Brace
Brace
An hour played in match number three of the 2012 Palmetto Cup, and Northwestern is awarded a free kick just left of center eighteen. Defender Patrick Raad takes the kick with his left foot around the wall, but Irmo netminder Wullner is up to the task, moves slightly to his left and doesn't spill the save. Still 5-1 in favor of Irmo.

Brace
Brace
Penalty given! Irmo's goalkeeper fouls a Northwestern player in the area while trying to make a play on the ball. Jacob Youngblood steps to the spot, but Wullner once again guesses right. This time, though, he is up to the task and deflects it away and it is cleared out of bounds by defender Matt Freeman. It remains 5-1 to the state's #1 ranked AAAA team.

Brace
Brace
FT - Irmo 5:1 Northwestern

And that's that. The nation's number one ranked team takes care of the Trojans to take 9 points from the match while the Trojans nab one point. We'll try to stay on-time after the lengthy delay due to Mohit Gupta's injury early in the second half.

Goals: (I) Andrew Foard 7', Own Goal 11', Josh Jenkins 16', Caleb Jenkins 27', Lewis Teeple 48'; (N) Nate Torbett 40' (pen).
Assists: (I) Jenkins, Matt Manter.
Shots: I 12-7 N.
Saves: I 4 (Raad Wullner); N 4 (Cody Jones, 0; Hamp Wright 4).
Corner Kicks: I 8-2 N.
Offsides: I 3-2 N.
Fouls: I 13-9 N.
Cautions: N (Sunny Hall, 50').
Man of the Match: Andrew Foard.
Records: I 12-0-0 (1-0-0), N 9-3-0 (0-1-0)
Officials: (R) Dustin Thorne, (AR) Farris Griffin, (AR) John Tanverdi.
Weather: Clear, 67 Degrees.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I hope that Muhit is ok...any updates on him?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Brace
Brace
The nightcap is underway in The Cage. What was supposed to have been Norman North vs. Christ Church is AAA #1 Fort Mill taking on AAAA #3 Wando. Here are the starting line-ups:

Fort Mill (11-0-0)

# Player ......................Class....... Pos.
1 Mason Jackson ........................ JR ......... K
3 Jason Hirsch ............................ JR ......... D
4 William Hughes ...................... SO ........ F
8 Kevin Fielden ......................... SR ....... M
9 Austin Blaschke ...................... SR ........ D
10 Jon Cutrone ............................ SO ....... M
11 Thomas Hughes ..................... SR ........ D
13 Corey Hnat ............................. SR ....... M
14 Walker Johnson ...................... SR ........ D
18 Mason Strohl .......................... SO ....... M
21 Stephen Nall .......................... SR ........ F

Wando (12-2-0)

# Player ......................Class....... Pos.
1 Hunter Greer ........................... SR ........ K
10 Erik Clark ................................. JR ......... F
11 Andrew Eskinazi ...................... JR ........ M
12 Alistair Jones ........................... JR ......... D
15 James Appleby ....................... SR ........ F
16 Andrew Davis .......................... JR ......... D
17 Christian Jablonski .................. JR ........ M
20 Trent Rieflin ........................... SR ........ D
22 Jackson Karolczyk ................... SO ........ D
27 Sanders Dargan ..................... SR ........ F
30 Hunter Danna .......................... JR ........ M

Brace
Brace
GOAL!!! Fort Mill 0:1 Wando (9')

The Warriors draw first blood as defender Trent Rieflin puts Wando in front. The USC-bound Senior takes the first free kick of the match from 19 yards and it whistles by everyone to find the back of the net in the ninth minute.

Brace
Brace
Last we heard, unofficially and overheard from a parent who was heading to Palmetto Richland, it was believed that he had fractured his leg. He appeared to be as OK as one could be given the circumstances.

Quote:

I hope that Mohit is ok...any updates on him?

Brace
Brace
Action from end to end in the 20th Annual Palmetto Cup as on the stroke of halftime, Wando's Andrew Davis fouls and is shown yellow for the match's only caution thus far. Not for long, though, as Warrior's coach Shilo Tisdale is also booked for dissent after the call. The free kick is taken but sails far over the crossbar as the halftime whistle is blown by referee Farris Griffin. The score remains 1-0 in favor of Wando despite shots being even at 3 apiece.

Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard