Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Irmo doesnt play in tournaments where they could face a good team. It may put a challenge in their pathetic schedule. How is that working out for ya?

The talent level at Lake Murray not far behind, if behind at all, compared to the Charleston tournament. Even though scrimmage games, they do have some comparable results and teams. You must also remember that Irmo is one of the host teams for Lake Murray.

My only disappointment in Irmo is seeing their absence at Palmetto Cup being in their backyard, close to playoffs, and caliber of teams. Palmetto Cup didn't seem to hurt Wando last year in state playoffs even though they did have a 'difficult' Palmetto Cup.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Irmo doesnt play in tournaments where they could face a good team. It may put a challenge in their pathetic schedule. How is that working out for ya?

What you smok'n

Group A: Irmo, AC Flora, Westminster(GA), Fort Mill
Group B: Dutch Fork, Northwestern, Providence, Dreher
Group C: Chapin, Ashley Ridge, Cardinal Newman, Academic Magnet

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
brace
brace
B
Although I can not vouch for Savitz's position on scheduling, I know that Tisdale scheduled and coached last season with a single goal in mind: to be ready for the state tournament. To the extent that he could, he looked for good scrimmages, and non-league/out-of-state opponents to test-drive various lineups and toughen his team. He didn't sweat an occasional non-conference loss as much as many coaches would, preferring to learn from those games instead.
One should not confuse Irmo's undefeated record prior to the championship game with "easy scheduling." Nor should one assume that Irmo's "easy" schedule led to a loss in the end. More likely, Wando was the better team ON THAT DAY, just as Irmo may be the better team this year.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard