Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Christ Church does not recruit, We prob have a smaller student body to choose players from than most public 1a schools, and we are better. This about Christ Church drawing from an area, Greenville, where club soccer is played prob the most competitive in the state. The majority of our team has at one time played club soccer.

As of the income/soccer talent ratio, i believe this is because of the fact that, usually, is rural towns, soccer is not as highly viewed as football or baseball. Many club and ODP teams do infact provide scholarships to lower income families, but they do not go searching for players to fill these up. It is mostly ignorance on the part of the lower-income people about the availability of scholarships.

Sry about spelling im in a hurry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DWCCES- I'm not tryin to start any rumors about CC recruiting players cuz I have no basis to think that other than word of mouth. Plus, the only sport I've ever heard of CC recruiting for is basketball. For instance, a few years ago I heard that one of the other guys on your basketball team's dad payed for Rasme Gambel(sp). In that case I have no problem with it at all and I think if an individual is willing to give of his/her money towards an under priveledged kid then more power to them. I've never heard anything about recruiting for soccer though and that's what this website's for so I don't have anything against any of yall. Also, for Fletcher and DWCCES is how come after games you guys bow to the crowd, doesn't really bother me, but some people seem to think it's tacky, just wondering?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We dont, our girls do and it is gay. I dont know why they do it but i dont like it. We sometimes cool down after a game, but we have never and will never bow after a game as long as i am on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private schools (due to socio-economics) dominate Tennis, Soccer etc. BE/Christchurch always beat the lower state 3A top teams like Myrtle Beach (last years 3A lower state champions) at both soccer and Tennis.

So the bottom line on this for me is.....Private schools deprive the A and AA players of Public High School Championships, end of story. How can that be allowed ?? It is a travesty for Public school attendees and SC High school admin as well as Christ Church and BE should be ashamed of themselves.

One day someone will do something about it, rather than just file comments like mine on a message board.

I for one, have no respect for these schools achievements and nor should anyone else.

Move to the Private school leagues and level the playing field for Public school kids. Shame about all those you stole the State Championship experience from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, dont hate just because we are better. Christ Church has been very lucky to have such great teams of late. In a couple of years, we may be a team that public schools could compete with. Look at SSC. They were always the 2nd best beinhd Christ Church. But now they are in a year were they tied Dixie, and have had closer games against 1a schools.
Tell the guys "deprved" of 1a and 2a state titals to work harder. Because there are some guys that work their asses off year round, including myself. For you to say that those people dont desirve a State Championship is wrong. There are oppertunities for the other guys to work just as hard, even if they dont have as much money. There are still opertunities for scholarships. So my answer to you is that we aer better because we have more guys playing year round or that have played year round, not as much so b/c we have more money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sry, that was a little intense. But i dont like the people who use the excuse of money, and dont work as hard to earn somthing. When the public schools have guys that play a large amount of their time, and Christ Church still blows them out then i will happily admit that Christ Church would be a better fit for private school leagues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with FDR, it's stupid to say that just because it cost money to go to a school that they will have a better soccer program. For instance, us(SCS) is a private school, but we're not a rich school that has a bunch of loaded families. It's also dumb to say that because you have more money you're gonna be better at soccer. Some of the best soccer players in the world from Brazil and other such places grow up playing soccer with no shoes, and a self-made soccer ball. Also, I know that classic soccer is exspensive, but you can still have a good high school team and not be able to afford to play classic soccer. At SCS we have 1 guy that plays classic soccer and he doesn't even start. And we're probably the second best 1A team in the state. Like FDR said schools like Dixie and 96 will never be able to catch up to CC because virtually everyone on their team plays year around, but some of the 1A public schools are starting to catch up to schools like SCS because the soccer interest is starting to grow.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Fletcher--- I must agree with you on the fact that yall are better because you play year round. I think if all teams worked as hard as you guys did, whether play club, or another way, that the competition on the 1a level would be more intense. Unfortunatly, soccer isn't viewed as a main sport and many teams use it as a conditioning time in the football off-season. About recruiting.....ok for starters, is it illegal, even if you go to a private school. And I do think however that in some sports, not necessarily in soccer, that some financial aid is offered to kids that are good at certain sports. I think there are ways around it being illegal, if it is, and I think that CC does this somehow, but this is personal opinion and I have no proof of this, this is just what I think. I think you guys should be playing on the 3a level, especially after that Dorman win; that was incredible and so is your team, and 3a would be better for you guys, so you could have some sort of challenge. --- Y Pace

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I missed making my point. I know the players at CC and BE are more likely to play year round. I know they work hard. But...they are not restricted to geographic boundaries like the public schools. I know if Charleston or Columbia area players all started moving to one A or AA school, then everyone would cry FOUL.

The law of averages says that if things were even, then CC and BE wouldn't dominate as they do (hard work, coaching, is not enough, look at the results of AAA and AAAA.) Brookland Cayce for example struggled last year and is getting better, but nowhere near previous years.

So I stick to my point. The advantages are demographic, geographic, etc. it is just not fair on the public school players. Scholarships is a different story. But the fact that no A public school player in the Upstate has a chance to win a state championship is something that is a stain on SC High School soccer. CC and BE players can take no pride in winning State Championships and they should move to SCISA which is for schools and players who have the same level playing field.

Have some pride and do what is right !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chopper- I think really what we come to here is the fact that you are a bit hostile toward some of the good private school 1A teams because your team probably doesn't have any dedication to even make the effort to play year around. I don't even know which 1A team that you play for, but I play for SCS and we don't have anyone that plays year around or even attempts to play year around and we'll beat you any day of the week. So my whole point is in high school soccer you don't have to have 15 guys that are dedicated to playing year around to have a good team.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard