Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, but you won't beat CC and is that fair on you ? and maybe you don't care, but other A and AA players do.

They beat the #4 ranjed 1A school 8-0 and probably didn't have to try too hard. Where's their pride ? It smacks of the "School bully" thing.

I pity them. They obviously feel the State championship honor they are guarenteed is worth something.

What I'd like to know is....just why don't they play in SCISA ? Why do they have to play in the Public school State Championship ? They can schedule public high school teams any time, so I'm interested in FDRs response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think its you are better because you have more money as it is the rules for transfering and what not dont apply to you the same. When i see a school like Christ Church can beat a team like Dorman who has thousands more in a pool to choose from it makes me believe they aren't your everyday 1A school. I dont think a school like Dixie or any of the other public 1A schools could do that same against the competition you guys play.

I'm not saying you guys go around recruiting players but its not an equal playing field as far as getting talent in your school. They just can't compete.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I am sure if CC had the choice they would step up to at least 2A if the SCHSL would let them.

I don't hear many people complaining about how they got pounded 49-6 in the first round of the football playoffs.

Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia do not have private and public school leagues. There is two private schools in the Top 5 of Georgia's 4A.

If you guys want a history lesson SCISA was set up in 1965. I will let you figure the rest out. I know that is probably not the same reason why it exists today but I still do not think it should exist. All the schools should play in the same league and maybe soccer could lead the way with a performance based system.

Another issue, How many people complain about when Irmo or Aiken drops 15 points on O-W. If you complain about the shame that Christ Church's players should have then Irmo's players should be just as shameful.

But this is the real world and the best solution would be to have teams play teams are close to their own level and improve from there.

But in the real world it is almost for the best solution to happen. I can always dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See the thing is we, SCS, just moved up to 1A public school league 2 years ago and before that we play in not SCISA but another private school league and it sucked. The reason why is because we never had any competetion in any sports except tennis and golf. So we got moved up to 1A because all the other schools hated us because we dominated and it wasn't fun for us because we didn't have anybody to play against. Our middle school teams are still in the same league that we used to be in and our middle school basketball team has only lost 1 or 2 games in like 5 years. Plus, if CC had the opportunity to move up to 2A then I'm sure they would, but they are not big enough and the board won't let them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCA I think that it is fine for you Guys to play against better competition by scheduling matches against the Public schools.

Private schools (like CC and BE) can choose to play 3A and 4A teams if necessary, as this gets them better games. But the problem is when they enter and dominate State Cup.

It looks like it is just to add this to a resume. It also undoubtedly hurts the "real" 1A and 2A public schools and their players.

It effects other sports too. I believe CC has only had one player lose game in the last two years. They also beat the 3A State Champions both years 7-0. So I think it's obvious something is wrong.

I know you Guys put in a lot of hard work all year, but even that is sort of frowned upon by the High school leagues with their rules about the number of players who can play together, the rules about no balls until March, etc.

Bottom line is, you shouldn't take pride in winning under the circumstances and I think you should realise that the public school kids are being ripped off by YOU.

Have some thought for the other Guys. How would you feel if you played for a 1A Public High school in the Upstate ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chopper, I'm sorry but the private schools are not "ripping the public schools off." They have to play by the EXACT same rules as the public schools because they all play in the SCHSL. If you want to complain to anyone, complain to SCHSL for letting them in the league. The only reason CC and BE dominate soccer is because they are located larger cities where club soccer is prominent. Get other kids in rural 1A schools playing club soccer year round and they be able to compete. Its the same reason why teams like Wando and Irmo dominate teams like O-W in 4A. And when you say "Have some thought for the other Guys. How would you feel if you played for a 1A Public High school in the Upstate?" What do you want them to do? Not show up for the games. The kids didnt choose what league to play in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting topic and I can see both points of view. I feel that both sides (private school supporters, and small public school supporters) have valid arguments. This is a topic that will not get resolved here on the board. This is an issue that the SCHSL would have to resolve. I do feel that the biggest issue seems to be the school zone issue. It is hard to tell a public school that your kids will come from only a certain area, but a private school student can come from anywhere (Even from an outside county). Again interesting topic but I don't beleve the SCHSL Executive Board is monitoring this site. (But you never know) The AD meeting to vote on changes for next year is WED. See if your AD feels as you do or region coaches feel as you do. Take care and best of luck this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree about Buford. I just went to one of their games and they are really good. I'm ready for them to play Fort Mill and some bigger schools.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Basically all it comes down to is, DCA6767,FDR and I pay to go to a private school. No offense to anyone, but people who come from a little higher income usually are the ones who play club soccer. Playing year round is a part of some teams ( cc ), but SCS doesn't. I think private school's should play in SCHSL, bc of the fact that our old league sucked to play in. Personally, I think CC should move up to 3A, because their own league is a breeze for them. I don't think its right for some of you to condemn us for being better. 1A teams need to realize, you have to build a program. You can't expect these 1A teams to come in and be great. the majority of the players on SCS's team have been playing in the SCS program for at least 3 years or so. Soccer isn't football, and when a school is focused on Football, then the soccer program isn't going to be as great, especially when some of the school's teams are devised from mostly football players. I see why some of the public schools are upset, but being a good team, requires hard work, and our school's playing year round just develops our game. Play year round, if you want to get better, don't kick the teams out who strive to be better from playing year round.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Basically all it comes down to is, DCA6767,FDR and I pay to go to a private school. No offense to anyone, but people who come from a little higher income usually are the ones who play club soccer. Playing year round is a part of some teams ( cc ), but SCS doesn't. I think private school's should play in SCHSL, bc of the fact that our old league sucked to play in. Personally, I think CC should move up to 3A, because their own league is a breeze for them. I don't think its right for some of you to condemn us for being better. 1A teams need to realize, you have to build a program. You can't expect these 1A teams to come in and be great. the majority of the players on SCS's team have been playing in the SCS program for at least 3 years or so. Soccer isn't football, and when a school is focused on Football, then the soccer program isn't going to be as great, especially when some of the school's teams are devised from mostly football players. I see why some of the public schools are upset, but being a good team, requires hard work, and our school's playing year round just develops our game. Play year round, if you want to get better, don't kick the teams out who strive to be better from playing year round. IRMO wins games constantly, but there is no where for them to move higher. CC is an incredible team, and they have a great program, there is room for them to move higher. I mean only losing to Greenville 2-1, is great and the only way they are going to have challenges are to move higher.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard