Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
brace
brace
B
Me, too.

I fully expect France to play with a lot more discipline than we saw from Brazil. France is a team on the "up" in women's soccer. I see good things ahead, but maybe not quite yet.

The other semi has quite a storyline, too. Japan, coming off an upset victory over the hosts, versus the "form" team -- Sweden.

In the end, I think we'll see a rematch of USA vs. Sweden. At that point, it will be interesting to see what adjustments USA makes to deal with Sweden's combination of technical play and raw speed.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I think Sweden would have a hard time beating our women a second time...two goals from unlucky defensive errors on our part resulting in a PK and a deflected free kick; in my opinion, USA had a lot more chances at goal in that game, but chance was against us in that match. Iron out a couple of mental mistakes that caused us to attempt tackles from behind, and it's a whole different game.

I've got good news and bad news...
L
Goal
Goal
L
USA has created many scoring chances in their matches but has not been able to finish. In fact, they've been awful with evening putting shots on-goal. USA had many more scoring chances than Sweden but could not finish. I would start Morgan for sure.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I'd like to see a little more patience, control, and build-up to a shot...seems like a lot of times they're rushing to take a crack at goal from way outside instead of trying to work the ball in for a better shot.

S
goal
goal
S
i agree about the revenge game against the swedes, i just hope we can get there, would hate to fizzle out & lose to france. our defense better step it up & fix the bs mistakes.
the japan team is a conudrum & could very well end up in the final also.

S
goal
goal
S
us/france 1-1 so far.
either
we are really bad
france is really better
and or we did a bad job preparing for this game.

score could get ugly, france is having their way with us.

C
Coach
Coach
C
...and the strong finish putting the game away for the USA!

Reminds me of the old Muhammad Ali "rope-a-dope"...tuck in and defend, let your opponents exhaust themselves swinging to try to get through your tight defense, and then rebound and knock their lights out when they're worn out.

S
goal
goal
S
i'm picking france in 2015.

whats the deal with germany will not qualify for the olympics in london?
i just don't understand intl soccer.
seems like they shoot themselves in the foot too much.
i'm sure some podunk 90th ranked team will be there tho.

S
goal
goal
S
i'd like to think it was as thought out as the rope a dope, looked more like the dopes were on the ropes tho.
we were scary terrible.
& i was fine with what looked like we were done, at least we lost to a lot better team was my thinking.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
We were terrible?? How does a terrible team make the World Cup finals sandwoman? The team has done everything they have needed to do to get to this point. They have preservered through adversity and we should all be proud of their accomplishments!!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard