Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
J
Can anyone give me any insight into why they aren't performing well this year?

Brace
Brace
I think they graduated a lot of players the last couple of years and just have a young team this season. I may be wrong though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The seniors are watching while the Freshmen and Sophs are playing! Watch in years to come.....this will be a down year with respect to what they have done under Osario.

goal
goal
My guess is it's exactly what Chapin is going through this year, what Brookland-Cayce went through last year, and what Fort Mill, Greenwood, T.L. Hanna, Lexington, Summerville, West Ashley, and West Florence have experienced in recent years!

In high school soccer, save Bishop England, Irmo, Wando, and a few select others, it is impossible to maintain the top status when a team is faced with an abundance of underclassmen.

The real test becomes who can survive this downward trend for 1-2 years and rebound for another great run! It remains to be seen, but of those teams mentioned several are on the up again! [Wink]

Brace
Brace
You could add James Island and Hanahan to that mix as well as a few other Lowcountry teams. I don't know if Hanahan will ever be as good as those teams in the mid-late 90s that they had, but they are doing better after a rough stretch. JI has been in the thick of it the last couple of years and are going through that young phase right now I believe. Their big problem has always been an uncertain coaching situation. Hopefully the new guy will stay with them. Also, the other tough thing is that many of these teams maintain tough schedules even when they are rebuilding and thus, give themselves no real chance at a lot of wins, but it is fair to their program to challenge at the highest levels!

Link Copied to Clipboard