Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
world cup
world cup
Maybe club soccer is more about the name on the back of the shirt, and high school soccer is more about the name on the front of the shirt. Not too many folks get "warm & fuzzy" about club soccer. Probably because many of the parents have become rather tired and jaded over the years.

I was at the Discoveries tournament at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill this past weekend. It was a classic-level tournament. The most spectator passion exhibited was by the parents of Strikers of Gaston County Soccer Association (SGCSA). Teams from this little club won the U-16 Girls and U-13 Boys bracket championships. The parents were going nuts! Honking air horns, ringing cow bells, chanting the team name!

When was the last time you saw something like this at a R3PL or Academy match? It would probably be considered "immature behavior".

Point being, IMO, passion for club exists at the younger and lower levels. Passion for high school seems to exist all the way up the line.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
W
goal
goal
W
Cow Bells......really....Rock Hill quietly turning into Starksville, MS?? All for fan interaction but cow bells. wow.

I gotta fever......

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Cow Bells......really....Rock Hill quietly turning into Starksville, MS?? All for fan interaction but cow bells. wow.

I gotta fever......

Ever been to Gaston County?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard