Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Why haven't CESA and the South Carolina Development Academy tried to merge the CESA U15 - U18 teams with the current U16 and U18 academy? Both clubs, and all of the teams within the clubs, are strong but not dominant. I looked at the Concorde U16 Development Academy roster a team filled with region team, and national team players. South Carolina would have that same talent (if not better) if the top players from each side came together. Just wondering why it hasn't happened.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Control / Ego / Pride

Also, would Spartanburg and Greenville and Anderson parents drive to Columbia to practice 3 nights a week?

There are now a couple of Rock Hill parents doing it. I can't see it....with 2 Charlotte Academies in their backyard.

Thats a lot of driving.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
You must be new around here.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Im pretty sure that where the sc academy practices in columbia is closer to greenville than where the charlotte academy teams practice.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Since the main goal of the Academy is identification and development of sound soccer players, it is not imperative that an Academy team be dominant. What is most important is that the Academy program is thriving and competitive versus other Academies so as to provide an environment for good development. In fact I would argue that rather than have CESA and SCUnited Academy merge, CESA should join the academy system and provide academy coverage for the north end of the state. CESA is a great club as it is and adding an Academy option for its u15-u18 players would only make the club that much more successful. This would also reduce the travel times for folks on the north end that have made the decision to pursue the USSDA Academy track.

B
brace
brace
B
Why combine? Right now, the two programs offer valid options. It shouldn't be about winning.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Greenville is closer to Columbia than Charlote, for sure. My comment was really geared towards York County parents who drive their kids to Orangeburg or BB&T/Columbia 3 times a week. the Charlotte Academy practice fields are 45 minutes max from Rock Hill.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I think the reason they travel that far from Rock Hill is that they want to play Academy and it will not ,for know,interfere with high school season. NC academies play the lions share of there games in the spring,SC United play most of theres in the fall. So, travel to whatever location, play Academy and get to play HS soccer in spring.

O
throw in
throw in
O
I wonder what the difference in fee structure is between the NC and SC clubs? Perhaps, that is a factor in determining which to play for.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Cost is an important factor......time is just as important, if not more.

If BBT practices run from 6-8pm....a RH kid will need to leave RH by about 415pm and will get home at...930-940? The same practice times for a Charlotte Academy are 5 and 845. Thats an extra 1 1/2 hours per practice day that the kid can use for homework or simply to unwind.

The NC Academies are "all inclusive". We paid between $3500-$3700 for the year. That covers all travel including airfare, meals when traveling, training, uniforms, coach fees, etc.

I don't know about SCU.... but I know some of the Academy programs have club fees and team fees and travel isn't included. So if benchmarking....make sure you are adding all of the cost components, including gas for your car for practices.

SCU does a great job. But being the State program carries a travel burden.....that shouldn' be underestimated.

And did I mention that Academy will probably be year round next year? So HS goes out the window.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard