Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
lvrpul #152460 09/29/11 01:33 PM
C
Goal
Goal
C
lvrpul

Sir not sure who you are or what your beef is with Discoveries. I would suggest getting your facts straight before posting. Attached is the link to Reg.III Fall Premier League East 2010. http://www.soccerincollege.com/TTSchedul...;div=U15M01#hdg

You posted that CESA Premier 95 boys have NEVER LOST to Discoveries as you put it. Please take a look at the match played on 9/25/2010 as you can clearly see the final score was 4-2 Discoveries. If you also look at the final Region standings you will also notice that Discoveries finished 9th while CESA finished 11th and DISA 12th. So the highest Reg. III final season ranking team was Discoveries.

Please understand sir that I am not on here to say who is better Discoveries or CESA just wanted to post some facts.

L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Backscreen, they assured me they do when it involves "individuals under thier jurisdiction" ie eople employed by or representing institutions that field division 1 sports since placing in these leagues constitutes recruiting opportunities

lvrpul #152462 09/29/11 02:09 PM
L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Oh and its Maam not sir!

lvrpul #152463 09/29/11 02:26 PM
L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Cantona, I meant to say they have never lost when it counted,State Cup,and FYI Cesa was picked for National League based on the season you referenced not DSC. Also cesa was picked for the REGIONAL premier league this year and DSC for the SUB REGIONAL premier league based on performance.NO TEAMS FROM SC were picked for the National League. DSC was picked just recently long after the teams were set,why they were picked is the $25,000.00 question. I am not for or against any clubs/teams only for fairness,transparency, and honesty

lvrpul #152464 09/29/11 03:01 PM
C
Goal
Goal
C
Ok maam,

Let's look at the last three meetings between these two teams.

2010 State Championship: CESA wins in pk's
2010 Region 3 Premier league play: Discoveries 4-2
2009 State Championship: CESA wins in Pk's

There is no doubt that the best two teams at this age group are DSC and CESA. So why are you so surprised that they are both invited to play in higher level leagues? As a SC. native I'm proud to have two state representatives.

Thank you maam

lvrpul #152465 09/29/11 03:08 PM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Let me make sure I understand the argument you just presented...I want to be sure I followed it correctly.

Based on the season Cantona referenced, CESA was picked for National League over DSC despite finishing below DSC in the region, and this is NOT a problem.

Based on current information, DSC has been picked over CESA despite being ranked below CESA, and this IS a problem.

Did I paraphrase correctly? I have no dog in the fight; I'm just a student of the art of argument.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
bench
bench
S
If you want to really know- CESA got into the Regional Premier league because another team who was accepted, did not accept. CESA then applied and were accepted for the open slot. DSC did not even apply to the Regional Premier League. DSC did indeed finish ahead of CESA and DISA in the fall 2010 R3PL and most likely would have been accepted to the Regional PL if they applied. Now- as for the National League, DSC did apply to the NL. They finished 1st of the 3 SC teams that played in the fall r3pl. They were invited to play in the NL because another team dropped out. This is the way it goes with the higher level leagues, slots open up due to teams not accepting.
DSC has proven they belong in these higher leagues by posting a better record this past fall in the r3pl than CESA. When state cups come down to PK"S you know its anyone's game. Why can't everyone be happy that SC is represented in these higher leagues. All I can conclude is the original posting is from an upset CESA parent- not someone concerned the 'wrong team' is in the NL.

L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Coach Cass,Soccer 321 etal - First no not an upset CESA parent, you would be surprised what club, second CESA applied both years and based on ys rules if an opening occurs the States CHAMPION has first right of refusal-third you do not apply to the regional premier league you are invited, fourth the majority of teams in the regional premier league are in the National league w the exception of CESA and based on your reasoning CESA should have gone since they have beaten or tied several teams ranked ahead of them like the Dallas Texans, GSA etc..
At least a team still cant make it to regionals, nationals etc until they win the state......

lvrpul #152468 09/30/11 12:15 AM
S
bench
bench
S
there is an application process for the Regional League. the top 4 teams are invited- which CESA was not nor was DSC in the 95 age group since DSC finished 9 and CESA 11. when one of those 4 teams did not accept a slot, CESA APPLIED for the open slot (DSC did not) and was accepted. Yes- you can apply for the NL as well.
NATIONAL LEAGUE RULES-APPENDIX A
Team Eligibility
For the 2011-2012 seasonal year, the teams eligible to APPLY for the NL come from the following pools of teams:
--teams that played in a top US Youth Soccer recognized Regional League (i.e. Region I Premier League,
Midwest Regional League (Premier Division), Region III Premier League, Far West Regional League) or the
National League during the 2010-2011 seasonal year: and
--teams that reached the semifinals of their respective 2011 Regional Cup competition. So teams who participated in the R3PL were able to APPLY to the NL.
National League Rule:
6.01 Qualifying for National Championships
For the National Championships finals, the top two teams in each of the U-15, U-16, and U-17 gender age groups
represent the National League in the National Championships finals... so teams can go directly to the National Championships from the National League.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
"When state cups come down to PK"S you know its anyone's game."

While this is obviously a true statement, unless you watched the games, you have no idea over whose game it really was and who was the better team. In this case, the better team won both games.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard