Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#152507 09/30/11 02:10 AM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Delighted to update our soccer community with some news from little ole Cainhoy

Cainhoy Athletic Soccer Club's growth and continued momentum is pushing us to new levels of service and opportunity.
With over 400 players now and 25 teams playing in Coastal and Challenge leagues (in addition to 16 in internal competition) we have found it necessary to expand our operations to accomodate anticipated demands moving forward.

We have entered into a new relationship with our neighbors, the Charleston Battery to provide the highest levels of youth training to our younger players in our U9-U12 developmental program.
The Charleston Battery Academy is providing skills training at the magnificent Blackbaud Stadium each week to some of our youngest players to ensure sound fundamentals and establish core competencies in a structured environment. For us this was a natural extension of our existing training operations that were managed and guided by our own Steve Armstrong, Assistant Coach and midfielder for the Battery.

Looking forward we have secured new space and are developing several fields East of the Cooper on Clements Ferry (3 on Daniel Island ish) and Rifle Range (3 in Mount Pleasant) Roads. Groundwork on both sites is nearing completion and irrigation and seeding will be complete next week. In addition to this we will be opening up a new field in Moncks Corner to support a dedicated field for State league play in a location convenient to the I-26 and our travelling teams/visitors. We will continue to use old Laing Middle School (Mount Pleasant) and Cainhoy School (Huger) as well and are still making very slow progress on our future home on Cainhoy Road. Our current projections for field count and location will support up to 35 teams (all going well) and we trust our mix of convenience, quality and cost (value) will ensure the fields get plenty of good use in the spring and beyond.

We are at this point considering what this growth and continued success means to us as a club moving forward to 2012/13 and you can expect additional services and options moving forward to support all levels of play that will likely include stated program for Classic and Challenge. Our growth has attracted not only more players, but also many at higher levels in addition to those we have been growing these past two years and are now nearly ready for the next step. Its scary to think that some of the older players starting with us just a short while ago are now looking round the corner to 9th grade and High School. Can't wait to see some of our kids suiting up for lowcountry JV and Varsity teams. And for the ones that don't make it, we'll still have a home (and soccer ball) for you too.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
goal
goal
S
where will the fields on rifle range be located & why do you suppose you are drawing so many mt. p kids from their own program? mt p has the fields, infrastructure, established programs, experience, convienence, coaches etc etc
what are they doing wrong that forces its own residents to not support their own established program anymore.

is mt p abandoning that portion of its program to allow the mass exodus?

sandman #152509 09/30/11 04:27 AM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Rifle Range space is between Bowman and Venning. Now you know I'm not going anywhere near the rest of your questions.

I'm not sure of all the answers and you'd probably be better answered by a town resident. Myself and many members of our club are actually residents of the City of Charleston on the other side of the Wando and a good portion of our growth is from outside MP.

I think a large part of the answer about our growth should be attributed to a desire to serve the greater area and not specific to one municipality. You also have to consider our desire to organize a service that reduces the cost of entry to competitive soccer but preserve a quality product. Hint: our challenge team players are paying no more than our local players in base registration and operating fees.

Is this sustainable, maybe not but we'll try. In any case our members know that our club is earnest in our desire to build a quality product, invest in the game/facilities, and support the community with an alternative offering.

As we get larger, we see the ability to increase our value as easy (since most our costs are fixed) and so we see greater adoption over time until we reach a capacity that will be set almost certainly with one of two limiting factors

quality coaches or facilities.
We certainly need help in both areas moving forward if anyone is interested.

S
goal
goal
S
it must be behind mcalister on rifle range? i know they offered that to mt p when they were whining about space & then mt p. blew it off for whatever reason.

mt p has been pretty cryptic in their baffling responces to some unsatisfied parents/teams & coaches.
can't help but think a change is underfoot. hope they figure it out.

sandman #152511 09/30/11 11:48 AM
C
Goal
Goal
C
Who are your challenege level teams?

Chantman #152512 09/30/11 10:30 PM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Sandman, bingo.

Our new site will be located behind McAlister-Smith Funeral Home on Rifle Range Road. Grading work underway this week to fill divots, holes and depressions. We'll overseed and feed next week.

Took these very recently to offer some idea of progress so far

LA: We have only team in Challenge (to date): U13 Girls.

G
kick off
kick off
G
While the growth of cainhoy is to be admired, it should be noted that with 0 classic teams and 1 under-aged challenge team it seems mp rec and not scump is the one missing out on players.

Again, well done on the growth and securing of property!

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Yes, I'd agree with that as a characterization of flow from MP residents in most part. We've traded a few with SCU/MP but can't believe we have made any impression on their ability to attract players.

Our club is very young and until recently barely had more than one team above U12 . This year (fall) we decided to hold our U13+ (5 teams not including the one challenge) locally to support the new Coastal League but based on depth and level of competition we may change that going forward and move to Classic I for at least three of these teams. I believe the teams are certainly good enough but I guess we'll see at next weeks shootout for the boys.

J
throw in
throw in
J
You guys are doing right by your parents and players. For the most part all of these clubs are starting to loose focus on the big picture. They are on a quest for trophies and names to throw up on a web site. They get some names in to conduct training, they make sure to post who's going to college where etc. They have forgotten that if a kid and his family feel like they are a part of something good they will spend time there. As coaches and clubs we should be putting a program that promotes the gym rat mentality, instead we create an environment where kids and parents only feel welcome on practice and game days.

Jobu #152516 10/01/11 12:55 PM
S
goal
goal
S
hey cainhoy some name suggestions for your mcalister field:
the boneyard
death valley
tombstone
the graveyard
the cemetary

also, the field where the driving range was once located just past blackbeards cove was also offered to MP back when Mcallister was offered. (near park west on 17)

Last edited by sandman; 10/01/11 12:55 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

While the growth of cainhoy is to be admired, it should be noted that with 0 classic teams and 1 under-aged challenge team it seems mp rec and not scump is the one missing out on players.

Again, well done on the growth and securing of property!

i agree but it wouldn't surprise me to see cainhoy eat scumps lunch in the near future. the ego driven knuckleheads at scump are very shortsighted & mp rec is probably one of the best in the southeast, but its soccer program is severly neglected, in decline & seems to be an afterthought compared to what it should be. i think the town would be surprised as to the shenanagins going on over there lately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard