Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15297 03/25/04 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apologies to Wilson Coach and other members...just got a little carried away.

#15298 03/25/04 03:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah,
GSwide1, you are a good man apologizing like that. It takes a big man to stand up and put an end to things. Sorry Wilson Coach for your team being the worst team in South Carolina. I think I will be the bigger man along with GSwide1 and apologize. Though I do think Marion is underestimated. They have the talent, but it is a matter of when they will get it together. Also, I think Myrtle Beach un underestimated. They should most definatetly be No. 1 in the state(3A). I do not care who says what, they should be in the top 2(TWO). XOXO

#15299 03/25/04 04:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wasnt impressed with marion we beat them 6-0 in a tournament earlier this season

they do have a few good players though i think

#15300 03/25/04 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GS,

I too am sorry for the comments about your school. But as a team, you must keep in perspective were Wilson is coming from. Until I arrived last year, Wilson hadn't been to the playoffs since 1989. We are well on our way to finishing no worse than 2nd in our region. I would say that that is a great improvement. Are we a top-notch team like Myrtle Beach, no? Are we an established program like West Florence, no? My hats off to those programs, they are great for soccer in the lower state. But we are an ever-improving team.

You guys played a great game last week and deserved the win. But contrary to what you and Bob think, Wilson's program shouldn't be an afterthought. On any given day, any team can win. Normally, it is the best team.

I don't take credit for teaching my kids how to play better. I do however take credit for teaching them how to win, how to train, and motivating them. I think, I may be wrong, but most coaches will agree that coaching is, as much psychology as, technical information.

Again, sorry for the comment I said about your school. And sorry I didn’t get this out sooner.

#15301 03/25/04 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Wilson,
Finally you have confessed. This whole time your mindset was that Wilson was the best team, and I will have to disagree, along with everyone else. Wilson is the worst team in the world. They would even still be the worst if Aynor had a team. You're team is horrible and even Marion is better than your team(does not matter what the score). I really hope you make it to the playoffs,... so a team like MB, BC, or AC can spank you 20-0 and you can see how incredibly horrible your team is.
Sincerely,
BUFFALOBOB

#15302 03/26/04 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bob,

A) Aynor does have a team.

B) We beat Marion 5-0, along with 5 other opponents this year (so far).

And if we beat your team that bad then how can we be the worst team?

Are you thinking logically or are you delirious?

If you say logically please explain you’re rational.

I could understand if the game had been close but your team has only beat St. James and in their defense it's their 1st year.

I have much respect for the coach and the team in Marion, but for you as a fan I'm a little blown away for your lack of logical reasoning.

I hope that you are joking when you say that Marion is the 2nd best team in the Lower state. If that were the truth, then that would not speak well of the quality of soccer in the Lower state. And if you are joking, I apologize for riding you, but make it clearer. So that those of us who don't know you can understand the joke too.

#15303 03/25/04 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wilson Coach,

I hope my comments did not may you feel that the Governor's School team feels superior to Wilson because of one win. I agree that on any give day any team can win. No hard feelings for the game on Monday.

One more thing, you noted that coaching is partially psychological. While this is true, it should not overwhelm the skills aspect of game play as one player in particular has done. Yes, we all know Lee takes dives...all the time, but I feel that you as a coach should do something about it. When you condone such things from players, it takes away from the big picture of the game. So if by some chane you get a win b/c of Lee faking a foul and putting one in the goal off of a direct, are you going to call your team "winners" or just flat out cheap? Winning gets respect, just make sure you do it the right way.

#15304 03/26/04 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BuffaloBob,i'd like to thank you for standing up for us. I play for Marion. I think it was low for the Wilson coach to call us "horrible". We play them Monday and one more time. I'll post again after the games. What school are you from Bob.

#15305 03/26/04 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer dawg if you saw my comments I said I have respect for your coach and the team. Do I think you are a top ten team, no? My problem was not with Marion but the fact that Bob was saying you guys are the 2nd best team in the region.

As far as anything else lets leave eerything to play on the field. Good luck next Wednesday.

#15306 03/27/04 05:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again Wilson Coach it is everything , not eerything. I am a fan of Myrtle Beach.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard