Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15267 03/14/04 05:31 AM
M
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
M
Based on the first few games who do you think are the most underestimated teams in Lower and Upper state?

#15268 03/13/04 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definately think that BC is one of lower state's most underestimated teams.

#15269 03/13/04 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think BC is really underrated... They seemed to be mentioned with every list of lower state contenders i have seen so far in the same sentences as Dreher and Myrtle Beach.

As for as underestimated in 3A I'd have to go with AC Flora and North Myrtle Beach. Those teams can play with any of the top teams.

#15270 03/14/04 05:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
b-c?? wow.... i think ac flora is a decent team. when we played them they had some really good guys.

#15271 03/14/04 07:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM, stop being so bitter... if you have such a problem with BC why dont you start with getting off of the website that their coach runs.

#15272 03/14/04 03:07 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Green & White Knight, actually Kevin is my brother and though he provides a good bit of input to the website, he does not run SCSOCCER.COM -- I maintain the website for the S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association. Coach Heise is the Past-President of the SCHSSCA and on its' Executive Board in addition to his coaching duties at Brookland-Cayce HS.

As for Bryson, he played a very good game for the Eagles last Thursday. He controls his box very well and really hits some long booming punts. Needless to say, he's the "glue" for Airport. His brother, Taylor, was a very good player as well.

#15273 03/15/04 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think BC is a good team.. they have some shooters.. i think they are a very underestimated team... im kinda confused on how they where so close to airport. but then again airport arent that bad. i think byrson defently kept the eagle so close to BC.

#15274 03/22/04 04:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dixie is underrated.. We will just have to work our way up with region play starting this tuesday..we've lost three games because of pk's..Southside C gave us two and BHP gave us 1.. We lost to palmetto once.. and redeemed our self next time..

#15275 03/23/04 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well definately if b-c is underestimated,but that would mean airport is up their with them. We are preparing for playoffs, and if anyone thinks different of that...

#15276 03/23/04 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BMS3"

Let's look at some facts shall we before we declare Airport anything ok.

Losses: 2, one to a "quality" BC team yet to be determined. And a given to Irmo.

Schedule: Or should I say JOKE! You are sitting pretty at 8-2 with wins over "soccer powers" Lugoff Elgin (Twice), White Knoll(Three Times), Gilbert and OW. Those teams combined records are 10-21, so not the strongest of schedules uh.

So before you start lumping yourself in the same boat as a BC or any other "soccer school" for that matter PLAY SOMEBODY!!!! While your at it play somebody other thatn White Knoll or Lugoff.

Oh yeah have fun with LR tonight and well know more after you take on a "down" Sumter squad.

Just the facts.

#15277 03/24/04 12:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LowerState:
Marion, Marion, Marion... They are the most underestimated team this year. They may be eligible for playoffs this year also. I talked to one of my sons friends(Victor)who plays for Marion and he tells me that he and another guy(#14) just were able to play this past game and they said they WILL have the team together by the end of the week. Everyone thinks Marion is sorry because they live where nobody lives, but they do have a bunch of Hispanic players who grew up on soccer and know the game.

Upperstate:
Mann, Mann, Mann... Though they lost the past couple, I know that they will start pushing it hard. They have done it in the past when it comes down to playoffs, and I know they will this year. That is why J.L. Mann is THE most underestimated team in upperstate. They have the intensity.

#15278 03/24/04 01:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Marion sucks

#15279 03/24/04 02:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the truth.

#15280 03/24/04 03:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When someone brings something out "Shearer", don't immediately say something smart back. let it go man..just let us play our game..worry bout your own..

#15281 03/24/04 04:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was funny...

#15282 03/24/04 12:27 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by bmsoccer3:
When someone brings something out "Shearer", don't immediately say something smart back. let it go man..just let us play our game..worry bout your own..

He gets grumpy sometimes.. this place has been a bit quite compared to the past..so he is pretty anxious to show someone up.

(Shearer- ..when are we going to go out for ice cream again?)

#15283 03/24/04 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buffalo Bob,

How can you justify saying that Marion is underated? Have they even won one match this year? Please keep ignorant, "uninformed", coments to your self.

#15284 03/25/04 05:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Wilson,
You are a coach and you cannot spell comments and your team is horrible.

#15285 03/25/04 05:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bob, we beat your precious Marion 5-0. You think we are horrible. Name the last time Marion made it to the second round of the state playoffs. Listen, I normally don't talk bad about other teams on here and I will admit we are not a top 10 team, but we are much better than Marion.

#15286 03/25/04 05:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And for your information I'm a Spanish teacher. I don't need to be able to spell in English. That's what spell check is for.

#15287 03/25/04 05:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Wilson coach:
And for your information I'm a Spanish teacher. I don't need to be able to spell in English. That's what spell check is for.

I cannot believe that. The statement itself reflects upon pure incompetence as a teacher. Realize, you life in the United States where English is the dominant language. So please do not remark that you do not need to be able to spell in English and then call yourself a teacher. This is exactly why SC's public education standards are low. I realize this has nothing to do with soccer, but the point must be made.
Furthermore, I would like to add that Coach Wilson's attitude in the forum is refelcted directly in his coaching. In our game against Wilson, he made many "comments" which are highly regarded among the masses as immature from even a teenage standpoint.

Peace,
Im just telling it like it is.

#15288 03/25/04 05:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Note in above post, life is supposed to be live.

#15289 03/24/04 07:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GS,

If you note, what I said is, 'that is what spell check is for'! If public education is so bad, why do you attend a public school? I'm sure you would be allowed in a private school. I forgot, the school in which you attend is like a private school, but is funded with public money.

As for my "immature " behavior, if disagreeing with a bad call or the lack of a call is your opinion of immature, sure, I'm that. But, when in a matter of 2 games, our officials miss 4 flags, because they are not in a position to see them. I will continue to be upset with poor officiating.

Other than that, my comments were and will remain directed to coaching my team. Because I Coach different than your coach, that in itself doesn't make it incorrect. Remember motivation, is different for different kids and I think that it is fair to say my team is made up of a different grouping than that of your school.

#15290 03/24/04 09:33 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Give it up for the Wilson Coach for making a complete A$$ out of himself. It is fine to disagree with others but your "immature behavior" is in how your expressing it on this message board. My only quarrel, is don't be antagonized by others (especially teens). Be the better person and set an example for them to follow (COACH). I bet your AD would be proud of your postings. HAHA

#15291 03/24/04 09:43 PM
B
goal
goal
B
CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!!

#15292 03/24/04 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wilson Coach,

Your talking a lot more than you can back up. I recommend you quit coaching soccer entirely and just stick with teaching Spanish. While your teaching Spanish, Ill go get my grandma to coach for you and Wilson might actually win a few games. This may seem harsh, but realize, you are provoking the argument with us. Be the big man and just let it go after this.

Sincerely,

Wide1

#15293 03/24/04 10:31 PM
M
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
M
Quit arguing over a useless topic. This post was meant to express your feelings about the most underrated teams. I hate it when people have ****y fits at eachother on the message board, save it for the field.

#15294 03/25/04 12:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think that we can express whatever we want,either in the field or in the message board,so im agree with the coach everyone have different motivations,so as mbplay said "save it for the field"

#15295 03/25/04 12:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by the black rooster:
so as mbplay said "save it for the field"

Listen to him coach, both of them, they know what they are talking about.

#15296 03/25/04 12:56 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Wilson Coach, BuffaloBob and GS --

I just wanted to let you know that there is a thread in the Club and ODP forum designed especially for this exact exchange of ideas on language and orthography, thus freeing valuable cyberspace in this thread from slightly off topic arguments. It is called Vocabulary and Syntax (or maybe Syntax and Vocabulary, I can't recall) and I have posted an identifying flag there to bring it to the top of the soup. It has not been a terribly popular thread so I keep promoting it as the occasion arises. Name calling is welcomed there as long as it is clean or at least somewhat oblique.

lpaf

#15297 03/25/04 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apologies to Wilson Coach and other members...just got a little carried away.

#15298 03/25/04 03:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah,
GSwide1, you are a good man apologizing like that. It takes a big man to stand up and put an end to things. Sorry Wilson Coach for your team being the worst team in South Carolina. I think I will be the bigger man along with GSwide1 and apologize. Though I do think Marion is underestimated. They have the talent, but it is a matter of when they will get it together. Also, I think Myrtle Beach un underestimated. They should most definatetly be No. 1 in the state(3A). I do not care who says what, they should be in the top 2(TWO). XOXO

#15299 03/25/04 04:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wasnt impressed with marion we beat them 6-0 in a tournament earlier this season

they do have a few good players though i think

#15300 03/25/04 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GS,

I too am sorry for the comments about your school. But as a team, you must keep in perspective were Wilson is coming from. Until I arrived last year, Wilson hadn't been to the playoffs since 1989. We are well on our way to finishing no worse than 2nd in our region. I would say that that is a great improvement. Are we a top-notch team like Myrtle Beach, no? Are we an established program like West Florence, no? My hats off to those programs, they are great for soccer in the lower state. But we are an ever-improving team.

You guys played a great game last week and deserved the win. But contrary to what you and Bob think, Wilson's program shouldn't be an afterthought. On any given day, any team can win. Normally, it is the best team.

I don't take credit for teaching my kids how to play better. I do however take credit for teaching them how to win, how to train, and motivating them. I think, I may be wrong, but most coaches will agree that coaching is, as much psychology as, technical information.

Again, sorry for the comment I said about your school. And sorry I didn’t get this out sooner.

#15301 03/25/04 03:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Wilson,
Finally you have confessed. This whole time your mindset was that Wilson was the best team, and I will have to disagree, along with everyone else. Wilson is the worst team in the world. They would even still be the worst if Aynor had a team. You're team is horrible and even Marion is better than your team(does not matter what the score). I really hope you make it to the playoffs,... so a team like MB, BC, or AC can spank you 20-0 and you can see how incredibly horrible your team is.
Sincerely,
BUFFALOBOB

#15302 03/26/04 05:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bob,

A) Aynor does have a team.

B) We beat Marion 5-0, along with 5 other opponents this year (so far).

And if we beat your team that bad then how can we be the worst team?

Are you thinking logically or are you delirious?

If you say logically please explain you’re rational.

I could understand if the game had been close but your team has only beat St. James and in their defense it's their 1st year.

I have much respect for the coach and the team in Marion, but for you as a fan I'm a little blown away for your lack of logical reasoning.

I hope that you are joking when you say that Marion is the 2nd best team in the Lower state. If that were the truth, then that would not speak well of the quality of soccer in the Lower state. And if you are joking, I apologize for riding you, but make it clearer. So that those of us who don't know you can understand the joke too.

#15303 03/25/04 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wilson Coach,

I hope my comments did not may you feel that the Governor's School team feels superior to Wilson because of one win. I agree that on any give day any team can win. No hard feelings for the game on Monday.

One more thing, you noted that coaching is partially psychological. While this is true, it should not overwhelm the skills aspect of game play as one player in particular has done. Yes, we all know Lee takes dives...all the time, but I feel that you as a coach should do something about it. When you condone such things from players, it takes away from the big picture of the game. So if by some chane you get a win b/c of Lee faking a foul and putting one in the goal off of a direct, are you going to call your team "winners" or just flat out cheap? Winning gets respect, just make sure you do it the right way.

#15304 03/26/04 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BuffaloBob,i'd like to thank you for standing up for us. I play for Marion. I think it was low for the Wilson coach to call us "horrible". We play them Monday and one more time. I'll post again after the games. What school are you from Bob.

#15305 03/26/04 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer dawg if you saw my comments I said I have respect for your coach and the team. Do I think you are a top ten team, no? My problem was not with Marion but the fact that Bob was saying you guys are the 2nd best team in the region.

As far as anything else lets leave eerything to play on the field. Good luck next Wednesday.

#15306 03/27/04 05:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again Wilson Coach it is everything , not eerything. I am a fan of Myrtle Beach.

#15307 03/26/04 07:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, Bob tell Coach Banta hello. Has he finished his degree at CCU?

#15308 03/26/04 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bob, there should be a comma after Coach.

#15309 03/26/04 11:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody who says Marion is as good as buffalobob says they are needs correcting.

#15310 03/27/04 01:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bob, Wilosn Coach, and KnightSoccer-
This forum is NOT for criticizing people on thier grammar or typing skills. Who cares? Take all that crap somewhere else and stick to talking about soccer. No one appreciates you guys pointing out other peoples' typing mistakes. Don't talk too badly about another team either. No one wants to hear this trash!

#15311 03/27/04 02:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their not thier: keep practicing and maybe you'll move up to the important 11th man.

#15312 03/27/04 02:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 12thman,
It happens to be Wilson, not Wilosn. I hope your typing skills do not reflect the way you play on the field.

#15313 03/27/04 02:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dre and boob, u gusy is os colo. Is that enough typos for ya? Like I said before keep that crap out of the forum. No one cares! Talk about soccer.

#15314 03/27/04 04:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Airport 3
Sumter 2.....

#15315 03/27/04 05:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting back to the whole under estimated teams thing JL MANN is definately under rated once again as we were last year. We've had a slow start but we've got a promising team this year i guess we'll see how goo we are on thursday again Gville.

#15316 03/27/04 03:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12th man,
You said talk about soccer, well I will. I am going to have to agree with the WalMart salesman and tell you that maybe if you practice you will make it to the 11th man. It is pretty bad that you must make a name that shows how horrible you are. First one to go in, First one to come out,...right? What team do you play for?.. Wilson? I mean get real kid. You go in so the starters can take breaks, not to get in and do anything. Does your schools baseball team do well, maybe you should go talk to the coach? Serious sports have nothing to do with fair play. They are bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, and a disregard of all rules and a pleasure in witnessing violence! Maybe you should take up boxing? Heh?

#15317 03/27/04 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Shearer".....

#15318 03/28/04 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bufalo you must be one valdano to talk about fair play and jealousy etc. in the way that you do,you have no idea about what soccer is,if have nothing important to say about soccer take you crap out of this topic please

#15319 03/28/04 06:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bufalo you must be one valdano to talk about fair play and jealousy etc. in the way that you do,you have no idea about what soccer is,if you dont have nothing important to say about soccer take you crap out of this topic please

#15320 03/28/04 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by the black rooster:
if you dont have nothing important to say about soccer take you crap out of this topic please

seriously...this isn't spelling class, its soccer talk, keep it that way.

#15321 03/28/04 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bob -
Please don't insult me by thinking that I play for Wilson (no offense Wilson). Also you don't know who I am, and you have never seen me play, so you really can't say anything about my soccer skills. 12thman is really a joke because I do not start, but I play for 3/4 of our games, only because a senior starts over me. Again don't talk trash when you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't understand how this topic, underestimated teams, got to be about people's typing mistakes and their ability to play. Again, only talk about soccer.

#15322 03/29/04 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the 12th man in soccer is refering to the FAN. It's an old phrase.......

#15323 03/29/04 03:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i just want to say the marion-myrtle beach game was a good game even though it was 10-0. I'm not arguing really but i wish they wouldnt have taken our goal back because the MB players even said it did. but it was a good,clean game and the MB players have a lot of class. best game against myrtle beach in my 3 years..(10-0 sucks)

#15324 03/30/04 05:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say that our team did work the ball decently, Myrtle Beach just capitalized on every opportunity. If we step it up a small notch we could have a shot at the big dogs of Carolina Forrest or the slightly weaker North Myrtle Beach who always just seems to squeak by with many of thir ill deserved wins.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard