Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Brace
Brace
I find this quote interesting and kind of hypocritical.

"We understand there may be unique situations for a small population of players, such as those in certain private schools, and we are willing to discuss different options and determine a solution so they can participate in the Academy."

Said differently... if you are the elite of the elite and you decide to play high school soccer, we will work with you so that we can say you play Academy. I am curious as to what the private school reasoning is.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

My problem with the FAQs is that US Soccer asks appropriate questions but in a manner that makes high school soccer sound like a picnic where everyone has juice boxes and sings songs. I know I don't have juice boxes at my training sessions.

I wonder how many US Soccer representatives have been to a high quality high school training session or do they just buy into the myth that all high school soccer is crap and all club soccer is great.

What US Soccer fails to realize is that a 10-month DA schedule is not the ultimate solution to improving the quality of our national team. I do believe that this could be a step in the right direction, but soccer in the US needs to have one governing body. I believe that US Soccer and USSF must merge. Does England have two governing bodies for soccer? For that matter, we actually have four when you factor in NCAA and NFHS. You now have US Soccer promoting it's DA product as the ultimate way for players to improve but USSF making all the coaching decisions?! I would be interested to hear what USSF has to say about this. Do they support this move or do they still champion their methods as the best?

I do not think that this single move will kill high school soccer as long as other leagues do not follow suit.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the top level. Years ago ODP was supposed to be the solution... then State League... then Super Y... then Region 3 Premier League... then ECNL... now a 10-month DA schedule.

By the way, how much does US Soccer charge for this privilege? If you want to really mirror what the rest of the world is doing perhaps you should start there.

All the alphabet organizations are confusing. But US Soccer has nothing to do with Academy. USSF is the parent organization of soccer in the US. The mother of all organizations. And USSF is directly managing the DA.

Brace
Brace
So according to the 2011-2012 DA conference alignment, there is only one DA in South Carolina.

Can single teams play in the DA League?

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

All the alphabet organizations are confusing. But US Soccer has nothing to do with Academy. USSF is the parent organization of soccer in the US. The mother of all organizations. And USSF is directly managing the DA.

Wait..."US Soccer has nothing to do with Academy (are we talking about the US Soccer Development Academy?)...And USSF is directly managing the DA." Huh? My head just spun out of control.

I've got good news and bad news...
B
brace
brace
B
What? Again?

C
Coach
Coach
C
It's becoming a regular thing...my brain has gone all detached from the rest of my body. I'm learning to live with it.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Did I say something incorrect? Or are we just marveling at the acronyms?

Yes....the Academy is run by USSF.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Wait..."US Soccer has nothing to do with Academy (are we talking about the US Soccer Development Academy?)...And USSF is directly managing the DA." Huh? My head just spun out of control.

Coach Chass.....if you go over to the other thread over on NSCSA or whatever it was......I think it was on page 4, someone posted a link to a map showing all of the Academy clubs. Go to the bottom of that page......and there is a footer saying "Property of USSF"...or something like that.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Marveling, BD...always marveling.

H
goal
goal
H
To clarify: The United States Soccer Federation is at the top of a pyramid of soccer governing bodies, under which you will find US Soccer Development Academy, USYS, US Club, AYSO, Super Y, etc. The USSFDA is run directly by the Federation.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard