Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#154115 02/17/12 12:19 PM
T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
I heard that Renee Lopez left USC Upstate and was taking a DII position at Colorado Christian. Why did she leave only after two seasons? Seems like she didn't even give it time?

Goal
Goal
hard to coach there

world cup
world cup
Quote:

hard to coach there

Very nice campus, very affordable school.

Men's basketball team has won 7 of their last 8 games, 17-10 overall and 10-4 in the A-Sun Conference.

Men's cross country dominates the A-Sun Conference.

Why won't it work for women's soccer?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

hard to coach there

Very nice campus, very affordable school.

Men's basketball team has won 7 of their last 8 games, 17-10 overall and 10-4 in the A-Sun Conference.

Men's cross country dominates the A-Sun Conference.

Why won't it work for women's soccer?

How many D-I soccer schools are there in the state? How many are going to make upstate their first choice? What kind of success did the coach, before this last one, have? Upstate is a nice campus, but there are many more factors that go into a collegiate program than that.

First, all the big schools get their picks. Then, you have kids that want to play in certain conferences. Next, there are kids that want to stay close to home or leave for that matter. ALso, factor in the talented kids that people are not recruiting for good reasons. By the time you get down to the place where you can recruit, the pool is shallow.

G
Throw In
Throw In
G
Wow, when I first read the headline I was overjoyed, thinking Hooks was leaving the men's program. It's time for him to move on and play golf everyday and not have to worry about fitting in soccer stuff.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Notsofastfriend, rest assured that with the right person in charge USCU could move up the rankings by at least 100 spots within a year or two if, and it is a big IF, that excuse of an AD would care enough to hire the right person!

Lopez got the job because she was willing to accept peanuts (and at the time she was willing to say Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags full Sir!!)

GB, did Hooks win another trophy for the most rounds of golf played in one year?

Brace
Brace
Reccos, agree and not sold on that pool being that shallow per notsofast. USCU should be able to offer some pretty attractive packages for Carolina players and their conference is pretty good. And as Hurst stated, much nicer facilities and campus than some of those schools that they are competing against for players. The right coach and right attitude could make a huge difference at that school.

I
goal
goal
I
The right coach and the right attitude always makes a big difference. The AD is a blockage to improvements here.

Does USCU give the max allowed amount of scholarships? You can not give the right amount of money to attract the right kind of players.
Why would you pay a D1 coach, less than every high school football coach in the same county?
Can not attract the right kind of coach for peanuts.
Why would you turn down huge donations so you can have microscopic control? Urban legand has it he turned down a brand new bus.

Another view point...
Honestly answer this question... as a 18 year old... You can go to Spartanburg for 4 years, or CofC for 4 years

At the D1 level USCU is tough place.

Goal
Goal
Import,

Just out of curiosity, what do you base your assessment of my take on the pool NOT being so shallow? I can tell you that I am basing mine on talking with a former USCU coach.

F
throw in
throw in
F
Pool- yearly recruits- USC maybe 1 girl, Clemson maybe 1, College of Charleston, Furman say 2 each. After that, USCU has the facilities, campus, $$$, etc to compete with the other SC schools. So say USCU can't get the top 5 players, there are a lot more players than just 5-6 deep in SC that can help a D1 program. And if they can promise starting/playing time etc, players that want to play will consider them. Then its the coaches job to close the deal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard