Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Goal
Goal
What about Wofford? Coastal? Winthrop? Then, start knocking on the doors of D-II schools as well. Like I said, there is more to it then just a big name school. Sometimes, the parents want the child to attend their alma mater. It's not as superficial as you are making it out to be

Brace
Brace
nsf, right now I would have to agree with first touch. Coastal, didn't see on SC on that list of ten. Wofford is player is academic minded hard to beat, USCU should be able to compete easily with Winthrop. Talent level in SC is getting better and deeper each year. Add up the SC players on those SC schools that would rank higher the USCU and tell me what you get. Furman probably has more than the others combined.

D
kick off
kick off
D
The way I look at it, USC Upstate is a sleeping power in the ASUN! The coach there was very poor and honestly SC students have nothing to do with how succesful they can be. The coach could easily get in state tuition for anyone, so whoever gets in there could have immediate success.

Look at SC State - the they have little money, no facilities, and the reputation in the state is not the greatest. Although the had a bad year this season, last couple of years they won a bunch of games, beat many teams in the state and the Navy. With a bunch a California kids!!

So you cannot tell me USC Upstate could not be succesful.

I
goal
goal
I
Being an ASUN power does not equal D1 success... IMHO

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
In regards to SC State soccer: They have a very good coach in Glad Bugariu, who built Belmont Abbey into a winner. The key anywhere is a good coach and staff. Maybe Upstate could grab Bugariu.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

nsf, right now I would have to agree with first touch. Coastal, didn't see on SC on that list of ten. Wofford is player is academic minded hard to beat, USCU should be able to compete easily with Winthrop. Talent level in SC is getting better and deeper each year. Add up the SC players on those SC schools that would rank higher the USCU and tell me what you get. Furman probably has more than the others combined.

It seems to me like you are assuming that these players in SC want to stay in SC. That's not the case 100% of the time. Again, it's not as simple as you seem to be making it

Brace
Brace
It has to start somewhere. That is with a coach that has a passion and believe.

In response to "Being an ASUN power does not equal D1 success... IMHO ", that list is very short if talking D1 powerhouses in SC.

I would recommend setting a benchmark against Coastal, Winthrop, etc. for USCU and building from there.

world cup
world cup
Atlantic Sun vs. Big South in the conference power rankings, who is stronger?

I noticed today that Florida Gulf Coast's womens basketball team "also received votes" in the Top 25 rankings. A few years ago Liberty had a little run but I don't see any BSC schools making noise this year.

On the men's side, back in the Marshall Era, no question that Winthrop was first-class. Today, Upstate's team is stronger than Winthrop's.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
I
goal
goal
I
Should we not measure success versus SEC, then the ACC? I just think USCU is tough versus those schools. That was my point all along.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Should we not measure success versus SEC, then the ACC? I just think USCU is tough versus those schools. That was my point all along.

I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. If you're a D1 program, and you consistently win or finish at the top of your conference, then you are successful at the D1 level.

Would you consider Bojangle's to be a successful fast food chain? They don't have near as many stores as KFC, McDonald's or Wendy's.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard