Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
Quote:

In regards to SC State soccer: They have a very good coach in Glad Bugariu, who built Belmont Abbey into a winner. The key anywhere is a good coach and staff. Maybe Upstate could grab Bugariu.

I agree Glads done well at SC STATE. But I don't think Upstate can afford him? My husband works in Higher ED and said the salary will be low? Also you have to consider that certain players can get into SC State that might not be able to get into another state school, or qualify for certain monies i.e. scholarships/funds that SC State can offer. My daughter was told by a recruit that the Associate head coach will remain on staff, and is also putting in for the job, and will be considered. I think Upstate looks else where, maybe the female route? Just the inside I received.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Previous coach sent out a blanket email that she was unhappy for a long time( 2 years she was there... I assume she was unhappy the day she arrived) and did not receive the support she needed from the AD.( probably true)

Having had a daughter play for her I know this, she was young and tried very hard but unfortunately she lost the respect of her players very early due to some poor decision making, player discipline or lack of and lack of coaching knowledge. She appeared desperate in recruiting thus brought in many players not at a level to compete in D1.

The current assistant is staying for the time being. They only have about 13 players left from a roster of 30 or so. 4 graduated the remaider lost quit due to the coach. Now that she has left some have asked to return.

Whomever is hired will once again have to clean up a messy situation. It is possible to have a quality program there as it offers nice facilities, is reasonably priced , decent campus and a good location. If AD took the time and cared about hiring a quality coach, things would be drastically different in both the mens and womens programs.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Well said Celtic9.
Once they hire a great coach and support her/him, USCU will be a top womens soccer program.
We have some great coaches in this state who are at DII level that could turn this program around.

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

Should we not measure success versus SEC, then the ACC? I just think USCU is tough versus those schools. That was my point all along.

I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. If you're a D1 program, and you consistently win or finish at the top of your conference, then you are successful at the D1 level.

Would you consider Bojangle's to be a successful fast food chain? They don't have near as many stores as KFC, McDonald's or Wendy's.

Which one is UNCC (McDonalds), you think USCU can do that?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
It makes you wonder with all the great club coaches in that area of the state why wouldn't they be considered

T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
Latest from a USC Upstate Player is that the interim Head Coach will be getting the position as Head coach.

B
brace
brace
B
It's USC Upstate ... do you really EXPECT anything like a genuine and professional search for a replacement?

T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
I was just told by an inside sources that Abby Crumpton has interviewed and been on campus? That would be a greta hire for the program.

D
throw in
throw in
D
I hope that USC Upstate athletic admin makes a good hire. I am not familiar with Ms. Crumpton other than her player bio on the Clemson web site. According to the info, she was an incredible player/striker, being Michigan's all time leading scorer. It brings to mind a former Clemson men's star who holds similar records and was recently inducted into the hall of fame. Incredible player, one of the worst coaches I have ever had the displeasure to have contact with. I pray this is a different situation with the Michigan star. Maybe someone who is familiar with her can fill us in. "Great players do not always make great coaches".

T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
Interviews start monday.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard