Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
No apology would ever be expected.

This subject has been on this board many times and the consensus is that 6-8 goals shows your dominance. Yes it is not a good match when teams are overmatched.

Again, no apology expected.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Why is it that people assume that the reason for a high score is simply to "show dominance"?

Same player scores 8-10 goals? Pointless and crass.

8 different players score goals, including those who have not gotten a chance to get into a game in who-knows-when, much less take a shot under some kind of pressure? Player development.

Players score goals but only off crosses and headers, back passes to midfielders, playing with short numbers simulating a card or two, etc.? Team development.

Realizing the other team has put in restrictions/taken out starters/tried to make it somewhat competitive and it's YOUR job to step up and try to give them as good a game as possible? Character development.

I've got good news and bad news...
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
@ Camden High School

March 22, 2012

JV Girls
CHS 0 v Lugoff Elgin 7

Varsity Girls

CHS 11 v Lugoff Elgin 1

C
Goal
Goal
C
@Northwestern vs. Gaffney

Northwestern 15
Gaffney 0

Played the entire second half with 8 players on the field, limited touch restriction with young players in various positions. Credit to Gaffney they never stopped playing and were in positive spirits at the end of the match.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Ouch!! Yes it is going to be a long season for the girls here at Gaffney. The new coach doesn't have a lot to work with. Really need a couple of good athletes to come out and give them a little boost. Was tough to watch the game vs Clover the other night as they played keep away and attempted only one shot in the second half.

F
throw in
throw in
F
If these dominant teams played 1 touch soccer for the entire game, it would not only keep down the score but would actually improve them as a team. I have not seen high school teams that could keep possesion, work the ball up the field and get players in position to score playing 1 touch. The domninant teams do not have to stop playing and and can continue to try and score. And they will have improved their soccer game for the playoffs and/or for more competitive games

brace
brace
OK ghs26,
Since you have had to suffer through the blow out and the keepaway game within a few days of each other please give your feeling on which was a better experience for your girls. If the word "better" can be used, what I mean is which do you think gave them somthing to build on? I have always thought the keepaway things was more like being made fun of, but I am interested to see what you might think having seen them back to back.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Chief,
I did not see the game last night. The Clover game was at home and last night was at NW. I am actually with the boy's team so I cannot speak on which was better. But having watched the Clover game, they would break away from close to midfield and dribble into the box, stop, and bring it back out. I would imagine that was a little more dis-heartning than last nights game with touch restricitons. But the coach here will keep those girls fighting and working hard til the final whistle Im sure!

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
I feel Hanna high's pain. If not for the viking cup and a couple of out of conference games they have no competitive games. Even with realignment next year they only add Mann. Keep away IS degrading and so is 15-0. Catch 22.I'm amazed at how some schools continue to carry soccer. Is it a law. I thought thats why they invented lacrosse so the un-athletic people could play sports.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Here's how you could fix it. Throw the school classifications out in high school soccer. Have a couple high school power leagues based on the previous years performance. Every game would be interesting for the power leagues, and every game would be competitive for the lower leagues. 2a Christ Church has knocked off Eastside 3a, Riverside 4a, Mauldin 4a and one of those teams south of Charlotte that's not to bad of a team, I think their a 3a team also. This would eliminate blowouts most of the time.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard