Next Thread
Print Thread
#155382 03/23/12 12:05 PM
G
bench
OP Offline
bench
G
I would like to get people's opinion on courtesy throw ins after an injury. We had a situation in a game this week that really upset me and our coaches. We were playing a highly ranked team with experienced and knowledgeable coaching staff. We were def. the underdogs. Team A had a player injured, Team B played the ball out of bounds. Team A does not throw the ball back to team B, but plays it in to their player who dribbles down and shoots shortly thereafter. This throw in took place right in front of Team A's bench. Am I overreacting for not understanding why they did not give a courtesy throw in back to us? Why would a coach NOT tell his team to do this? Not trying to poor mouth, just really would like an explanation.

Goal
Goal
What were the other aspects of the game at the time? Was the score tied? Was it late in the game? Was it an honest mistake?

L
Goal
Goal
L
not every player knows of this un-written rule and maybe a few coaches as well. I’ve seen refs assisting with players/teams that are unaware on how this works to show sportsmanship. may not have been intentional

G
bench
OP Offline
bench
G
It was in the first half. I believe we were trailing 1-0 at the time. Elite high school team, knowledgeable coaches, no I don't believe it was an honest mistake. It occurred on their sideline, so I would assume the coaches would tell their player what to do. That is what would happen if the situation occurred on our sideline with our players.

G
bench
bench
G
GO EAGLES,it is an un-written rule, so not every coach or team is going to do it. How ever it is a nice gesture to do it. But if it doesn't happend,there is no reason at getting upset,because there is nothing that says you have to do it.Hope that your player is ok.

Count on Me. I will always be there for you.JESUS CHRIST.
goal kick
goal kick
I think part of soccer SHOULD be the good sportsmanship. Sadly, this is a disappearing art. Coaches should lead their players in such a way to teach them the importance of good sportsmanship. This also includes playing a clean game- something I have NOT seen a lot of this year either. It does a disservice to the players- always take the opportunity to teach a life lesson if you get the chance. More coaches-parents-AND players should do that.

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson

Link Copied to Clipboard