Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
B
brace
brace
B
I'm not saying anyone should feel cheated. I AM saying that jumping from club to club, JUST LIKE AN ADULT COACH, can be a disservice to a 16-year-old.
As to the part about a "recruited" forward, I hope you're talking about college. Because, heaven forbid, CESA be accused (or admit to) recruiting other clubs' kids.
That said, kids should JUMP at the chance to do what's in their team's best interests, as opposed to JUMPING TO another club.
And yes, if they've followed a club coach from post to post, he/she should (at least) have taught the kid how to play MULTIPLE POSITIONS, UNSELFISHLY, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TEAM. WITHOUT WHINING. And without having to transfer to another college.
Don't you think?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Ohhh the "Loyalty" card.

When these parents and kids make the decision to leave a Club/Team/Teammates and join another Club, the lesson your kid just learned is-

"It's all about us".

Forget your teammates, forget your old team, get ready for some highway time.

The only loyalty I have seen in soccer, seems to be in High School Soccer.

Our experience with two kids was, these were the teams they cared about, the teammates they grew up with, a school they had pride to represent.

Club soccer is pretty good to teach your kid that there is no loyalty in this world. Which for the most part, sadly is true.

The Club is not loyal to you. You do not need to be loyal to it.

HH, your daughter was part of a CESA team. I am sure CESA loved it when they got her. They got one from another Club.

But now she is leaving, they don't need her.

Lesson learned. Life can be bitter.

Bomber im trying to follow what you are saying.
Not sure what you mean about the get ready for some highway time ???

As far as not needing her i never thoought they did. Could care less if they did or not. One thing for sure is that she does not need Cesa.
Seems like they are the ones bitter. She decided to leave Cesa and they decided not to let her finish the year because of it.
Maybe they will give me some of my club fees back? Only fair. If a player ask to be released they want all their club fees first. Will be a cold day in hell before they give any of that money back.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I'm not saying anyone should feel cheated. I AM saying that jumping from club to club, JUST LIKE AN ADULT COACH, can be a disservice to a 16-year-old.
As to the part about a "recruited" forward, I hope you're talking about college. Because, heaven forbid, CESA be accused (or admit to) recruiting other clubs' kids.
That said, kids should JUMP at the chance to do what's in their team's best interests, as opposed to JUMPING TO another club.
And yes, if they've followed a club coach from post to post, he/she should (at least) have taught the kid how to play MULTIPLE POSITIONS, UNSELFISHLY, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TEAM. WITHOUT WHINING. And without having to transfer to another college.
Don't you think?

Backsceen it is more of a disservice for a 16 yr old to stay with a coach or club that the training is lacking when you are paying for it. It would be fine if you are playing in a rec league.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Well, hopefully the coach was teaching the player to be able to play multiple positions, if not it may be a reason for finding a new coach... at the end of the season. As far as club recruiting goes I may be wrong but I think that cat officially left the bag, when HH explained earlier how his daughter ended up on her current team in the first place.

I'm not saying a player shouldn't show loyalty to a team, but at the end of the year the team essentially reinvents itself through tryouts... creating new expectations of loyalty for the next year. Some players may be replaced by the coach for not performing well on the field, some may be replaced because they decided to go elsewhere. At the end of the year some players may be leaving for another coach just because the other coach let's the player know ahead of time what league the team will be playing in, so the parents will know if they can afford it.

Yeah, it bothers me if a player's jumping to another club during the season, when teammates on a frozen roster are counting on that player to be there. It also bothers me if I see a lack of in-season loyalty from the coach to a player, as in a situation where a loyal player let's a coach know her intentions for the next year having no affect on her loyalty to her current team, and the coach responds by prohibiting her participation with the team for the remainder of the current year. What service to a 16-year-old is the coach providing there? Shouldn't we be expecting more?

A DOC at a club where I coached used to impress upon us, "Yes, we want the player to play soccer here for us, but more importantly we want the player to be playing soccer SOMEwhere." I don't believe he was talking about players leaving at mid-season. Pretty sure that would have ticked him off.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Ohhh the "Loyalty" card.

When these parents and kids make the decision to leave a Club/Team/Teammates and join another Club, the lesson your kid just learned is-

"It's all about us".

Forget your teammates, forget your old team, get ready for some highway time.

The only loyalty I have seen in soccer, seems to be in High School Soccer.

Our experience with two kids was, these were the teams they cared about, the teammates they grew up with, a school they had pride to represent.

Club soccer is pretty good to teach your kid that there is no loyalty in this world. Which for the most part, sadly is true.

The Club is not loyal to you. You do not need to be loyal to it.

HH, your daughter was part of a CESA team. I am sure CESA loved it when they got her. They got one from another Club.

But now she is leaving, they don't need her.

Lesson learned. Life can be bitter.

Bomber im trying to follow what you are saying.
Not sure what you mean about the get ready for some highway time ???

As far as not needing her i never thoought they did. Could care less if they did or not. One thing for sure is that she does not need Cesa.
Seems like they are the ones bitter. She decided to leave Cesa and they decided not to let her finish the year because of it.
Maybe they will give me some of my club fees back? Only fair. If a player ask to be released they want all their club fees first. Will be a cold day in hell before they give any of that money back.

HH, my statement of "highway time" references parents driving from say Charleston to Greenville to be a part of a Club. My attitude comes from a few years back when I watched a particular Club go after players from other Clubs at the expense of players who been loyal to that Club for many years.

In particular, we were on a team that won two back to back State Championships. Then the Coach/Club started cutting Starters on those State Championship teams, replacing them with players from Charleston, Columbia, etc.

Guess what?

They did not win any more State Championships.

They upset the chemistry and forgot that the players were TEAMMATES with each other.

They don't call it a soccer TEAM for nothing.

I agee with you, sounds like CESA is bitter your daughter left, it would seem they owe you something back.

Good luck getting it.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Bomber, I think that team did eventually win a couple more but it took a while after the coach doing all the cutting was replaced. That's if I'm thinking of the same team.

H
brace
brace
H
Bomber i see what you are saying now

D
Goal
Goal
D
Soooooooooo... anyone got any official updates regarding where the teams will be playing next Fall with or without loyal players?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
You guys must be bored. If you want to know the answers to your vast array of questions call SCYSA. The number is (803) 749-4353. I am going on the assumption that the clubs that earned premier league spots will fill those spots until I hear otherwise.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Bomber, I think that team did eventually win a couple more but it took a while after the coach doing all the cutting was replaced. That's if I'm thinking of the same team.

Dog, I think you are right, they did finally win one, but really, that was after Bridge imploded and it was really not even close to the same CESA team, a number players had
changed.

When they did win it, I believe it was coached by the Coach who would not coach your daughter's team in it's Regional game.

Right?

Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard