Kickoff
L
Amen to that hobo

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

I just looked at the stats for Gardner Webb last season. 26 players made appearances in the 19 game season. One of the players mentioned above did play in all 19, I believe as a midfielder. She took 7 shots and scored 2 goals with 0 assists. The other appeared in 7 games. They won 6 of their 19 games.

Presbyterian had 4 wins in 19 matches. The player mentioned above started 18 games scoring 3 goals with 3 assists.

Is Harry "dissing" some of his Club's former players?

I read it that way. If so, not very classy.

If I am wrong, my apologies.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Whatever, No one has ever made us go to every event. As a matter of fact after 8 years in the Orlando area over the Christmas holidays we skipped the ECNL event there this past year. It was just time to stay home and enjoy the holidays.

So it took you 8 years to get tired of going to Orlando???

You are "hardheaded"!

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
Quote:

The nice thing about SC now is everyone has a choice.

Swame, how can you call it a choice?

You were on a Premier team, they told you it was now in ECNL.

You were told where you would go, when to go, what to pay and when to pay.

You were also initially told there would be no ECNL for U18.

Then you were told it would be.

I don't call that a choice, I call that a command.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

Quote:

The nice thing about SC now is everyone has a choice.

Swame, how can you call it a choice?

You were on a Premier team, they told you it was now in ECNL.

You were told where you would go, when to go, what to pay and when to pay.

You were also initially told there would be no ECNL for U18.

Then you were told it would be.

I don't call that a choice, I call that a command.

Then go to another club. Problem solved.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Whatever, No one has ever made us go to every event. As a matter of fact after 8 years in the Orlando area over the Christmas holidays we skipped the ECNL event there this past year. It was just time to stay home and enjoy the holidays.

So it took you 8 years to get tired of going to Orlando???

You are "hardheaded"!

Who could get tired of Orlando. It is the land of Mickey.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
In a nutshell this is simply all about Clubs / Programs trying to outsell one another. CESA vs. SCUFC, USYS vs. US Club vs. USSF.

Take the time to find out why some of these 'leagues' have been formed and you will understand the above.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

I just looked at the stats for Gardner Webb last season. 26 players made appearances in the 19 game season. One of the players mentioned above did play in all 19, I believe as a midfielder. She took 7 shots and scored 2 goals with 0 assists. The other appeared in 7 games. They won 6 of their 19 games.

Presbyterian had 4 wins in 19 matches. The player mentioned above started 18 games scoring 3 goals with 3 assists.

On another note, I know that this conversation has gone more towards college exposure. But I've always been told that the competition is the main reason for playing in the ECNL. I believe I may have even made the point on here before about CASL and CSA putting their 2nd teams in last years premier league at U-15 while their top teams played in ECNL. Regardless of where you go to play in college or how much money you get (or don't get), how would you prepare? By playing CASL's top team twice, home and away? Or by playing their 2nd team once? Would you play 8-9 games in the premier league plus tournaments? Or 16 games in the ECNL plus national events? As stated before by many others, the choice is clearly up to the individual. Both are available in SC depending on which club you play for. And yes, the state-wide league and HS are certainly options as well when preparing for a college career.

For just an average "everyday" type of parent, Harry sure does seem to know a lot. Hmmmmm...

Why? Because I can look up stats from a college team or find an old schedule or two and form opinions? I'd hope that the average everyday parent could do that. If not, then there are lots of on here that are not average everyday parents. But rather, there are lots of us who seem to know everything about everything.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

Is Harry "dissing" some of his Club's former players?

I read it that way. If so, not very classy.

If I am wrong, my apologies.

Apology accepted. Also, I was under the impression that two of them weren't from the same club as I am but were from TCSC and the other was a high school player. Either way, no "dissing", just reporting another perspective backed up by statistics. To say that someone played in every game for a school in a college season and scored goals couldn't be a "diss".

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

DJ Harry spinning again You keep bashing RPL and how low the competition is, but all your teams played in it this past year. You keep bringing up the CASL's and CSA's second teams and how mediocre those must be since they are not their top choice kids, and yet your ECNL team managed a 4-0 loss and 1-1 tie when you played them. Everyone loves great competition, but for you to say that there isn't enough of it in any other league but the one you are a member of is a slight stretch.

I don't think that I ever said that there wasn't enough competition or that anyone was "mediocre". I believe I said that with the two leagues you could choose between playing the second team once, or playing the first team twice. I'll go back and read it again and see if that's really what I said, but I think it is.

I'll also look to see where I "bashed" a league. I think this started out with a statement of how expensive $1,300 for ECNL was. I just wanted to see how people felt about paying $1,380 for PL.

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard