Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
D
Goal
Goal
D
gbdawgs, just a technical point...

About the 2 players at Gardner Webb who left CESA after junior year, I believe they already had commitments in hand before they left. One as member of Challenge team (1st of '92 CESA girls to commit), other as member of Premier team.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

gbdawgs, just a technical point...

About the 2 players at Gardner Webb who left CESA after junior year, I believe they already had commitments in hand before they left. One as member of Challenge team (1st of '92 CESA girls to commit), other as member of Premier team.

I minor technicality, although it does negate 100% of his point

D
Goal
Goal
D
Not 100%, if gbdawgs' point was ECNL at CESA isn't the only path to player development as well as exposure to college coaches.

I noted one of the two was a member of the Challenge team. The first '92 CESA player to commit to a college offer (D1 at that) spent her club career on the Challenge team playing in the State Challenge League. She also participated as a member of the '93 SC ODP team every year eligible. His point is in tact.

I just pointed out the commitments were made before the players left for TCSC.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Now, there was another '92 player who also left CESA after her junior year as a member of the Challenge team, also spending her club career in the State Challenge League and not a '93 SC ODP participant, who played D1 at USC Upstate this past Fall. I believe she, too, went to TCSC for u-18. She may have committed after the move to TCSC. Not sure.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Guys, the bottom line is this- players were developing and getting offers to play in college, long before the ECNL existed.

To have to travel across the country to play "the best competition", when most of the players end up playing college within 2-3 states, and really most in their state, it is ridiculous.

As long as many of you refuse to question this, it will exist and get even more ridiculous.

That's my beef. If you question anything related to what you are paying for, World War III breaks out.

Remember, YOU are the customer.

O
throw in
throw in
O
I would question the rules concerning substituting in ECNL games. Is there a new rule that once a player is subbed, they cannot re-enter a game? If so, then is it worthwhile? What if a team has 20 players? What if guest players from other clubs play in events? How will this effect playing time and one's chance to play in front of college coaches? or this not the substitution rule for the 2012-13 season? Just thinking this is some information that should be clear before deciding what is best.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Thanks Dog for clarifying that for Jak. Just saying if your good enough they'll find you no matter who you're playing for.

D
Goal
Goal
D
I agree. However, I do think if all our daughters did for the last 12 years was play 1v1 in the backyard they might be a bit more difficult to find regardless of the skills they might develop. If being found is one of a player's goals, moving out of the backyard might be one way to improve the odds. How far she moves out the backyard should be a matter of the player's desire and the parents' ability/willingness to support the move.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 04/25/12 05:14 AM.
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
DeltaDog/gbdawgs - I do understand the point that, if you are good enough, you will find options whether you play ECNL or not. I don't think any one has ever stated otherwise but, if they have, I'd disagreee with them.

If that was the point gbdawgs was making, I'm confused why players who where playing in ECNL when they committed was referenced? Not exactly a logical way to make that point???

Bomber and gbdawgs - While I agree that you don't need to play ECNL to get options, it's a question of the number of options and where those options are located. ECNL can allow a girl to maximize her options.

Of course there might be that once in a lifetime phenom, but we're talking about the other 99.999999% of the girls. If a player wants options outside of the state, then leagues like ECNL are very important. If a player wants options at top in state D1 schools like USC or Clemson, then playing against the best competition in front of college coaches is important. Finally, unrelated to recruiting, if a player is driven to become the best player they can be, then leagues like the ECNL are very important as well.

So as has been stated, ECNL isn't for everyone. But if a girl wants options outside of a small radius of where she lives, if she wants to maximize those options both in and outside of that radius, or if she is simply so driven that she wants to reach her maximum soccer potential, then ECNL is a very logical choice.

Last edited by JAK; 04/25/12 11:50 AM.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I would question the rules concerning substituting in ECNL games. Is there a new rule that once a player is subbed, they cannot re-enter a game? If so, then is it worthwhile? What if a team has 20 players? What if guest players from other clubs play in events? How will this effect playing time and one's chance to play in front of college coaches? or this not the substitution rule for the 2012-13 season? Just thinking this is some information that should be clear before deciding what is best.

From what i understand it may that way this year. Once you come out you are out for the rest of the game. Maybe that will change before the year starts.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard