Print Thread
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

It's all about choices. Each family has the right to decide what they want to do. I think having choices is wonderful after all this is America. It's each family's resources, time and energy. No one is forcing them to do anytime but don't be mad if someone else decides to so something else for their child. Can people really be that petty that they would not want ECNL, Academy or whatever else that is available because they don't want to do it or think it cost too much. That's your decision which is totally ok but let other people make theirs without you trying to diminish it.

It seems throughout this topic, many keep referring to choices.

But if you live in the Upstate and you want your daughter to play in the Upstate at the highest level, there is really no choice.

You have to play CESA Premier, part of the ECNL.

The Challenge teams really do not compare to the caliber of the Premier teams.

And as far as being seen by college coaches, ECNL is really it.

So, where is the choice?

Quote:

Quote:

It's all about choices. Each family has the right to decide what they want to do. I think having choices is wonderful after all this is America. It's each family's resources, time and energy. No one is forcing them to do anytime but don't be mad if someone else decides to so something else for their child. Can people really be that petty that they would not want ECNL, Academy or whatever else that is available because they don't want to do it or think it cost too much. That's your decision which is totally ok but let other people make theirs without you trying to diminish it.

It seems throughout this topic, many keep referring to choices.

But if you live in the Upstate and you want your daughter to play in the Upstate at the highest level, there is really no choice.

You have to play CESA Premier, part of the ECNL.

The Challenge teams really do not compare to the caliber of the Premier teams.

And as far as being seen by college coaches, ECNL is really it.

, where is the choice?

I just don't understand this comment. ECNL is where Cesa's top teams are playing. We don't have the choices that those in Atlanta or Charlotte may have (i.e. a club that has an ECNL and Premier team), but you do have the choice to travel outside the upstate to fSoind the level of competition you want if you don't want ECNL and feel the challenge teams don't offer enough (I am thinking you want a higher challenge play, but not ECNL).

ECNL is the place for those who can play at this level. It isn't for every elite player since some players don't have the desire to play at this level. Others and their families may not see how the travel can fit into their lives. That's fine. But, it is a very good choice for some girls. I am just thankful that CESA decided early on to join ECNL. To have this option in a state that has many fewer soccer players than the states that surround us, and in an area the size of Greenville is really amazing if you stop to consider it. Go look at the ECNL map and where most of the clubs are. There aren't many from an area of our size. So, as the parent of child that really wants to play college soccer, and who has the ability to play at the ECNL level, I am thankful CESA had the foresight to pursue this league.

H
brace
brace
H
MT4ME, do you think that your kid is getting good training?
It seemd to me that having 100 kids on one field for training each night made it tough to get the best training.Each team had its own little corner of the field and that was it.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

MT4ME, do you think that your kid is getting good training?
It seemd to me that having 100 kids on one field for training each night made it tough to get the best training.Each team had its own little corner of the field and that was it.

I do think my daughter has gotten very good training, and adequate field space hasn't been a problem. When she was younger, she had less field space, but now they have plenty. She has never been on a field with 100 players. But, she typically practices on fields with older players.

H
brace
brace
H
So you are saying that your daughter is on a ecnl team and has pleanty of space to practice. Must be the older team coached by Hyslop. I know our age was crowded and that was with open fields not being used.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Maybe we were at the right field on the right night, but yes we had room.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Maybe we were at the right field on the right night, but yes we had room.

and never 100 players on one field.

H
brace
brace
H
let me ask this and i will read your answer sunday night when i get back in town.
what do you consider room? were you the only ones on the field or with another team? we had our team,half the coaches other team and 3 other teams out on the same upper field. Remember we had 19 players on our team. the training is not a knock on the coach because i honestly do not see how he could coach like that. i just think it watered down the training.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
We weren't the only ones on the field. There was typically another select team. Again, maybe we were just on the right field at the right time.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Somewhere in here I read that ECNL is for those who can play at this level (not necessarily true) (remember this is club based) So to that I would have to disagree. The B bracket is not a true overall reflection of a high level of soccer.
Also, the upstate is not far from Georgia or North Carolina. Two states that have A bracket ECNL teams plus Region III teams. By playing club in those states a player could have access to their ODP programs. There are several clubs across SC that have Region III teams that are drivable from Greenville / Spartanburg. So, there are options.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Just out of curiosity, how many open major tournaments have the current CESA ECNL teams applied to and played in over the last 2-3 years? How many of the players on the current CESA ECNL rosters have attended Region III ODP camp?

Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard