Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
brace
brace
B
They've already banned common sense. ON BOTH SIDES.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

How many academy players play in the pros? How many started for UNC when they won the Natioanl Championship? I can go on and on-stop talking and name the great players and thier schools and yes i am a SV fan and you cannot name an academy player anywhere near his level. One of the previous posters was correct- the academy started because CESA dominated and in spite of the academy continues to dominate soccer in this state-a lot of kids drive from the lowcountry to Greenville to paly CESA, if the academy was so outstanding why dont they stay? And before you say its because they couldnt make it you better think again, these are kids who would easily start at the academy

Dude.....this is the 5th year Academy has even existed. The lion share of kids who have multiple years in Academy are seniors in HS or freshmen in college this past year. To judge Academy at this point based upon the lack of professional players or leaders at UNC-CH's national championship team is a bit premature.

And if you really think Academy started because of CESA "domination".....uh, I don't think so.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Yeap, old and beginning stages of Alzheimer's...maybe ban on college is next.

HAHAHAHA!!! yep.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Hey, we went to the Clover-Wren game on Thursday night and then to the Clover-Irmo game on Saturday.

Fantastic atmosphere.......very enjoyable games. Unlike anything Club or Academy has to offer.

Doesn't change my mind on 10 month Academy.....but I thought in fairness I should share my thoughts. Atmosphere reminded me of Northwestern back in Enzo days......

Too bad for Irmo.....yesterday's Man City-QPR game reminded me a lot of the flow/feel of Clover-Irmo game, without the red card craziness. I just knew Irmo was going to equalize in last minute or 2. What a frenzied finish!!!

Clover to be commended for excellent school spirit and support.

Well done to both teams.

A
Goal
Goal
A
Big Daddy--At least you were honest enough to mention some of the atmosphere some players will miss out on next year.
Good luck to all of the players having to deal with this upcoming decision.

R
bench
bench
R
A question for those players who play both, and parents of those playing both; Which inspires more love and passion for the game? Academy or HS?

B
brace
brace
B
Answer: For the real player -- the one with the game in his heart, BOTH.

H
goal
goal
H
Club (including DA) = Passion with the occasionally feeling of drudgery.
HS = Drudgery with the occasional feeling of passion.

B
brace
brace
B
Club/academy = Business/job. (Not always a bad thing.)
High School = Fun/friends. (Not always a good thing.)

R
bench
bench
R
No disrespect to B17 or HD, but the question is "more" and it's not club and academy or HS - it's Academy or HS. Club doesn't seem to be on the chopping block.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard