Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
bench
bench
S
pitchman, Raad played for CESA 93 Premier last season but not for his u18 year. Seems like CESA has produced a lot of good goalkeepers. All the true candidates for best keeper in the state are from CESA. With Tanner Eggers still being the best.

G
kick off
kick off
G
All true candidates are from CESA?How about academy keepers?

S
bench
bench
S
Yea academy keepers get good training from the battery keepers.
Zack Shamah
Ben gauss
Joe wichman

C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Zack Shamah commited to play at Coker college. A very strong d2 school ranked #6 in the country!

Last edited by Chelsea FC; 04/29/12 07:44 AM.
D
throw in
throw in
D
You must be kidding. Unless something changed this past season, the academy lists all of these coaches, Dom Wren, the Battery coaches, the College of Charleston keeper coach -- never see them at practice. The previous two seasons, the keeper trainer was the Irmo JV coach and sometimes Clark would drill shots at the keepers in goal. High level training?

S
bench
bench
S
Dustie hudock who played for the battery trains them as well. You can't say he's isn't good. You can't even compare cesa to the academy team not even close.

Last edited by Socastee soccer; 04/29/12 07:47 PM.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
How many academy players are in the pros compared wih Cesa? I can answer for you, a big ZERO for Academy and at least two from Cesa.
That would be one of the problems with Soccer in America, aspiring to be second tier rather than a professional.

D
throw in
throw in
D
"Dustie hudock who played for the battery trains them as well. You can't say he's isn't good. You can't even compare cesa to the academy team not even close."

I never said that Hudock was not any good as a keeper or trainer. My comment, if you read it, merely states that the battery keeper along with other listed trainers were not present at any practices that I witnessed the two years prior to last year. I maintain that the academy listed coaches on the roster to puff up their presentation even though they never or hardly ever coached.

And when did this get to be about CESA vs the Academy.

But now that you mention it, I would put Keith Fredrickson who coached keepers at CESA up against any keeper coach at the Academy. And see what would happen to the Academy team if they had to match the CESA 92 or CESA 93 teams. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

S
bench
bench
S
Then im guessing you made it to only Columbia practices. If you have ever came to the ones in charleston you would of seen the battery keepers out there working with the players.

S
bench
bench
S
Dropkick99 is right about CESA vs academy. The CESA 92 team would outclass anything the academy could scratch together to compete with them. The academy programs took the easy way out when they could not consistently compete with CESA on the state level. It does not mean that the academy has not produced some good players, but CESA is at a different class than academy.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard