Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Really!? No one you mentioned could carry Sebastian Velasqez water bottle and he DID NOT play academy.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Which National team was Bebe invited to play with? If he is the best the state has he should be in residence or preparing for an EPL career- on another note how many academy players were invited to train with Barca like CESA player Patrick Khouri? BTW Eggers was on the National Team

lvrpul #156540 05/02/12 12:49 PM
W
goal
goal
W
Why are you bringing up field players? And Did CESA really do anything to "produce" Khouri? His grandfather, Ed , gets ALL that credit in my book.

Velasqez and Enzo did not play academy, we all know that and get that.

You need to add Jeremy Ransom as a probable to best ever GK in SC and yes he played club at ST GILES and attended Chapin HS. Goose was great as was Josh Grey from Spring Valley and the Cola Patriots.

D
throw in
throw in
D
How about Charlie Arndt. Great keeper who played at SC. A real "animal" in the box. Oh, he was from Md. From the direction this blog has taken, so what. He played in SC.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I have to agree with Eudy. Really, field players, keepers from days gone by.Can't we stay relevant and discuss the Best Keepers playing "now" in SC.

W
goal
goal
W
If you are going to go that route then Guzan and Henry Ring USC are in as is Doug Warren from Clemson.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Best high school keepers in the state:

Joe Wichmann
Tanner Eggers
Ben Gause
Hunter Greer

Tanner has moved around a bit in HS for various reasons - but he has played and will play in future at national team level. He is huge in physical and personality on the field.

Hunter Greer (Wando) is a great athlete and keeper - but his injuries have hurt him - two consecutive years with collar/shoulder injuries. Still look for him to wear another state ring.

Ben Gause plays in Development Academy and has proven himself a very strong keeper whose confidence and playing abilities continue to improve. He will likely be starting keep in US Academy

Joe Wichmann (Wando) has been one of the consistent players for US Development Academy U-16 while often playing up with the U-18 on important matches. He has been instrumental in Wando's state championship season last year and look for him too to be wearing another state ring.

These and several other up and coming keepers are great players and have a bright future in regional and national soccer.

G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

Airport goalkeeper Daniel Islas. He's a junior this year but was a starter last year as a sophmore and won All-Region. I've seen him play and he's one heck of a keeper. Real key player for Airport.

This quote says it all: “In our region, competing for region also means you are competing for State. We have as good a chance as anyone, despite what the rankings say.”

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Not sure what his name is, but the Bishop England GK was very impressive in several of the Palmetto Cup games.

Brace
Brace
I'm going to throw my GKer into the mix here. Brady Allardice is a sophomore and has played his best in our biggest games this year.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
lvrpul #156547 05/04/12 07:12 PM
R
bench
bench
R
haha i didnt say bebee had ever been to national camp, though he was ranked top 3 on espn rise for his class, and if u have ever seen him play he dosnt make mistakes and makes huge saves look fundimental he also is a genious when directing his back line. listen eggers is an amazing keeper ive seen him play for years im not trying to take anything away from him . lets not forget the academy has only been established for 3-4 years. cesa is a prestigous club that has been around for many years, theres no doubt that cesa has produced amazing players.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard