Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
What is the ruling for players being offsides on a direct or indirect kick? Is the ruling different if the kick is taken inside the box?

Brace
Brace
This is how i've seen the rules interpreted--
Indirect kicks that are played forward are called just like "run-of-play" offsides calls. A "touch-and-shot" indirect kick is more like a direct kick.

Offsides on a direct kick is as follows: if the shot is on frame (or otherwise deemed a shot) and a player is in an off-side position but does not influence the play, then there is a delayed off-side or advantage call. If the player is is an off-side position and influences the play, then the off-side is called.

Realistically, the only indirect inside the box should be a pass back. The aforementioned parameters apply. Also, any foul deemed a direct kick inside the box should result in a penalty kick.

Keep in mind, these are only the ways i understand the rules and have seen the rules applied and interpreted. I would welcome a post from a certified referee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey causey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey causey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've noticed a good but if offsides calls are made when the player isn't really involved in the play. Anyone else?

Link Copied to Clipboard