Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
BE goalie is Ross Rogers. I heard he had another good game against Wando. Had a real good club season too. Just gotta get him kicking the ball straight

coachb #156549 05/04/12 09:28 PM
B
brace
brace
B
Ross made a couple game-savers vs. Wando.

B
brace
brace
B
Speaking of keepers, I have a good one for you involving one of the kids named in this thread. A few years back, watched him in an R3PL match. The opposing team scored a couple of goals, and one kid was talking trash. The keep replied: "Hey, I'm on the national team." A few minutes later, after scoring his THIRD goal, the same kid walked by the keeper, and said: "I just scored a hat trick on the national team keeper."
Moral of story: Even the best keepers rely on their teammates for coverage and support. The question here is, who's the best keeper? Not who plays for what team, or wins how many games.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Speaking of keepers, I have a good one for you involving one of the kids named in this thread. A few years back, watched him in an R3PL match. The opposing team scored a couple of goals, and one kid was talking trash. The keep replied: "Hey, I'm on the national team." A few minutes later, after scoring his THIRD goal, the same kid walked by the keeper, and said: "I just scored a hat trick on the national team keeper."
Moral of story: Even the best keepers rely on their teammates for coverage and support. The question here is, who's the best keeper? Not who plays for what team, or wins how many games.

First of all... your story is false. I too have heard the story and spoken with the young man. He did not say "I am on the national team". Another member of his team did after a great amount of trash talking between the two teams.

Secondly... What does this have to do with being the best keeper in the state?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

Quote:

First of all... your story is false. I too have heard the story and spoken with the young man. He did not say "I am on the national team". Another member of his team did after a great amount of trash talking between the two teams.

Secondly... What does this have to do with being the best keeper in the state?

I don't know if you read his "moral of the story" but in others word of how I understood it, but the keeper doesn't nesscariary(sp) have to be the best skill wise, but be one of the best at controlling his defense and working as a team.

Last edited by SCSOCCER3; 05/06/12 03:58 AM.
J
Brace
Brace
J
No, what Backscreen is saying is that the best keeper in the state could possibly be on the worst team that has 10 goals a game scored on them. He may stop a large amount of shots on goal, but the amount of goals scored on keepers is directly related to how good of a defense they have in front of them. You can have an average keeper on a team that has the best defense in the state, and his numbers will be very good. You can have the best keeper in the state on a team with a poor defense, and they could have 2-3 goals scored on them a game...but they could be making crazy saves the whole game....yet some are still going to get by if you have an unmarked player creeping through on the backside.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
B
brace
brace
B
Actually, I was standing right behind the goal. I'm repeating what I heard, not what I was told.
As to the particular player's skill set ... that's pretty obvious. I don't particularly like singling out a "best" keeper. But this kid is definitely on a very short list, REGARDLESS of his goals against in an single game.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard