A
all i gotta say is dont mess with aiken and south aiken this year...they nasty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those two match-ups are gong to be great. I've enjoyed seeing these two programs really elevated themselves and with the sucess of their youth programs, the future looks pretty bright for Aiken's two soccer programs. Perhaps if they keep up the high level of play, a state title will be coming the way of one of those schools within a very short time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on both accounts. Ralphie, your boys actually play a respectable schedule this year. How on earth did that happen? By the way, I think both teams are state championship caliber this year, and I think the two teams match up well with each other. Should be a close race for the region crown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how the schedule came about but I whinced when I first saw it. I'm pretty suprised we made it through there with just that one loss to Westminister because a lot of those tough game were either on the road or on a nuetral field. the Aiken / South Aiken series is going to be huge in the upstate this year but I hope both teams don't start looking ahead too much too early. Teams like Lexington and North Augusta can sneak up on you and take soem of that steam away quickly if you are not prepared for them. I just hope those guys take it one game at a time and really make that Aiken rivalry be for all the marbles. The championship isn't won in March and both teams need to remain at their high level of play if they hope to have a chance to play for that title. It's going to be perhaps three huge match-ups this year if these teams keep playing at this level. I just hope the focus stays there because there's no denying the talent and heart assembled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Aiken found out the hard way last year in that OT loss at NA. NA and Lexington are both solid this year, but I don't see Aiken or South Aiken losing a game outside of the ones against each other in the region. Even so, I think a split would be the worst case scenario for either team, and that's not gonna allow Lex or NA to win the region outright, much less tie for the lead. I think losing Joey will hurt SA, but outside of Mike G. in goal, I think defense is gonna be their only weakness if you can call it that. Lots of raw talent on both teams, and both should go pretty deep in the playoffs. Ralph, I know you don't wanna be so professional all the time. Take a day or two off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with headstrongDO... Losing joey wil hurt South Aiken big time, but then again look who they all the other fire and exfire boys. If Jamal could start finishing he would be impossible to stop. Then on the aiken side, they have a great goal keeper as well.Calder Reardon. plus there backs are incredible. The fire boys are also stepping it up big time for them. Rob Vic and Skylar Reardon are scoring goals and JOhn Odum is shutting them down in the back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why's joey leaving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why's joey leaving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He got a red card in a scrimmage against someone(preseason I think, I forgot who it was, though) and there was some kind of altercation, and the high school(SA) tried to give him 5 days suspension or something like that. So he's gone. They still have plenty of weapons on offense, though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being from Lexington Im looking forward to playing the two Aiken teams .. should be some good match ups

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard